Darth_Ewok

I'm Leaving! I'm Coming Back! Do it all HERE.

Hello all,

Well it's been almost two years, a minor stroke, a move to a different state and several small disasters, but I finally made it back.

Welcome back Eldervampire

:classic:

Hello all,

Well it's been almost two years, a minor stroke, a move to a different state and several small disasters, but I finally made it back.

Welcome back Eldervampire. Hope things are all well and good for you. Do stay around and enjoy the current Eurobricks experience.

In addition to that, I had moved and merged your topic in here, since it's of the same nature. Thanks and I hope to see you around.

Hello, Eurobricks community! Some of you might recognise me, some might not. After over a year beeing in a Dark Age, last night I looked at my LEGO pieces, looked out the window at our old-ish Volvo V70 parked outside, sat down on the floor (after taking a few pictures of the car) and started building a 5-vide version of it. That night marked the end of my Dark Ages.

I'm currently very busy in real life as it's my last year of high school, and I am also playing an MMORPG, further eating my free time. Nevertheless my interest in LEGO is back, and I am very happy it is!

Just wanted to post this re-introduction, because I can see the community has grown ALOT during my absence (we have passed 20.000 members! *oh2* ), and, as I said, most of you will probably not recognise me or even have a clue of who I am, but for those who do, I'm back, and for those who doesn't, hello. :grin:

Edited by Dennimator

Welcome back, I'll move this to the existing thread for coming and going in just a moment.

Welcome back, I'll move this to the existing thread for coming and going in just a moment.

Thanks. :blush:

Hello, Eurobricks community! Some of you might recognise me, some might not. ...

Just wanted to post this re-introduction, because I can see the community has grown ALOT during my absence (we have passed 20.000 members! *oh2* ), and, as I said, most of you will probably not recognise me or even have a clue of who I am, but for those who do, I'm back, and for those who doesn't, hello. :grin:

Well - I do! :devil:

Welcome back. Hope you can join us in Billund (again) next year!

Well goodbye all, I'm Off to Kolkata, India for 3 weeks as part of a missions trip. I hope all is well and you don't miss me too much (Even though I haven't been posting much recently anyway) :wink::tongue:

I'll be sure to be back online once I get home :classic:

Well I've been on and off Eurobricks for a few months recently, nowhere near as much as I used to. I had a few relational hiccups around December time which kind of put me off, then all the stress from A Levels on top of that didn't leave me much time for my joys of Lego. However now after my A Levels are done, I'm back with free time. Just not a free flow of money to buy new parts. But if any of you have wondered or missed me, not that you have but I'm back.

Well I've been on and off Eurobricks for a few months recently, nowhere near as much as I used to. I had a few relational hiccups around December time which kind of put me off, then all the stress from A Levels on top of that didn't leave me much time for my joys of Lego. However now after my A Levels are done, I'm back with free time. Just not a free flow of money to buy new parts. But if any of you have wondered or missed me, not that you have but I'm back.

You do use this thread more than most. :classic:

You do use this thread more than most. :classic:

I assumed that was the sole purpose of the topic, to use it.

I assumed that was the sole purpose of the topic, to use it.

Absolutely! I can see how my comment may seem weird. I just meant that you are in and out a lot, which I think is cool. Not all of us can take breaks and then have the motivation to come back, it also shows restraint that you are able to pull back and take a break when you need to. Some of us are just too far addicted.

This thread has been dead for a while, but it seemed the best place to put my message.

I've been a member of eurobricks since 2005, but I spent much of the first years lurking, before becoming more active. However, in the last year or so I've felt less and less at home on EB and it is because of this that I have now decided to call it quits. It's been a blast seeing my MOCs being front-paged. I've also enjoyed seeing other people's models, have had some interesting discussions -some of them quite heated- and have gotten to know really nice people -some of whom I have also met in real life. I'm sure I'll run into some of you at events again at some point or perhaps see what you are up to through flickr. In any case, have fun.

Cheers,

Ralph

I've been a member of eurobricks since 2005, but I spent much of the first years lurking, before becoming more active. However, in the last year or so I've felt less and less at home on EB and it is because of this that I have now decided to call it quits.

Sorry you don't feel at home anymore on EB. It's too bad to see you go Ralph. :sad:

Hi

Bah! That Are bad news.

Ralph, i always loved your MOCs even i am not a military fan in general. Nevertheless we will miss you unique building style.

I see why you did sou feel at home here, there is no "fitting" subforum for your MOCs, unless you count "special themes".

I hoe you will not delete your account and probably come back if you what the rest of the AFOL world let knw about your latest MOCs.

Dino

Ralph_S, Im sorry to here you leave. You have been a great asset to the EB community, and am sorry I never got the chance to know you better. I, however, am back. After spending £450 on Star Trek action figures (I could'nt help, there so cheap now!) Im back on EB and with a better camera. I've had a go at stop motion, and "may" do a few reviews. Thanks.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I've been a lot less active on EB recently than in times past. This has been due in part to my schooling heating up; exams, 4-7 papers a week, things like that. I've also undergone a small dark age. But I brought the bricks out tonight, dusted them off, and rediscovered my love for the hobby. So I'm back. I'll even be visiting a Lego store Saturday and getting a few PAB cups. I hope I haven't been completely forgotten around here!

I've been a lot less active on EB recently than in times past. This has been due in part to my schooling heating up; exams, 4-7 papers a week, things like that. I've also undergone a small dark age. But I brought the bricks out tonight, dusted them off, and rediscovered my love for the hobby. So I'm back. I'll even be visiting a Lego store Saturday and getting a few PAB cups. I hope I haven't been completely forgotten around here!

Good to hear Sisco :classic:

Good to hear you're coming back! Any chance you'll be rejoining Heroica? I hear Haldor has found a new gal... :devil:

Great news.

I got back into lego hard a few years ago with the introduction of the modulars and luckily had almost every set (pieces, instuctions, boxes) from my childhood. :laugh: The last few years have been crazy with trains, modulars, and some good city sets.

I've loved lego my entire life but feel the need to "make a decision" on my future in the hobby. Not sure whether or not to call it a mid-life-Lego-crisis or not, but I have some big changes coming up in my life and feel like it would be a good time to shed my collection. In the next 12-months I'll be changing jobs, moving, starting a family, etc. Lego is just one of my many hobbies and I'm trying to consolodate and focus my efforts. Its not like I need the money from selling the sets, but just feel like it's a good time to let go.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thoughts as they get older.....just wondering if I'm going to have some major regrets in the future if I decide to go ahead and sell everything off.

Edited by eliminator

Welcome back cralego! Oops, welcome back Sisco! Do hang around more often than before! Good to see familiar faces.

Well, there are some very good reasons to quit Lego. First of all, it's very pricey. Secondly, once you've built many sets you notice how they reuse a lot of the same elements. The only subtheme that doesn't use bricks is Technic and rods and pins lose their novelty after a few sets. Action figure sets get old even faster. The themes are repetitive as well. There's a Historic theme, and Space theme every year and heck, they remake Star Wars sets every couple years. A lot of the vehicles are cars, helicopters, and monster trucks just being piloted by different characters. A lot of the structures involve some kind of expensive castle and every year there's a Creator house and some sort of racecar theme. I'm sure there are more deja vu experiences but I'm just listing the ones that come to my head. It's not really bad that you quit since after a while, you've experienced all you could with this company and it's time to move on to better horizons like maybe taking up a trading card game that you'll get over in a few years as well. And then maybe learn to drive afterwards.