Darth_Ewok

I'm Leaving! I'm Coming Back! Do it all HERE.

After a lot of though I have decided to leave.

Why?

For 2 reasons in order of imporance

1. My Parents have been making comments like "Maybe you should find a more mature hobby" and the like so I'm going to batten down the hatches and prepare for a seige on Me and my bricks.

2. I really see no point in posting MOC's on the web. These last few weeks I have felt as if I need to prove something to myself (Not just in lego) I have felt like my MOC's are not my best. So I'm off to fix that and I will be back in a big way! *satis*

Don't worry guys, watch carefully and you will find me, I'll show up on the web somewhere, someday... :/

I won't be Darth Ewok, just keep watching and you will find me when I return *satis*

Untill then, you guys have been great :')

Goodbye |:|

Edit: Bye everyone *ewok*

1. My Parents have been making comments like "Maybe you should find a more mature hobby" and the like so I'm going to batten down the hatches and prepare for a seige on Me and my bricks.

Well guess there's no use talking you out of it, but I can offer some advice...

F them.

It's your hobby, it's your enjoyment, they've got no cause to try and tell you how to occupy your time based off some out-moded idea of what is "mature" or not.

I myself am a functional adult with a wife and a job and a car and a home and an extensive LEGO collection and an enjoyment of putting them together. Calling a LEGO hobby "immature" is not only an insult and degridation on you, but towards me as well.

Deino demands an apology! nuts.GIF

F them.

It's your hobby, it's your enjoyment, they've got no cause to try and tell you how to occupy your time based off some out-moded idea of what is "mature" or not.

Deino demands an apology! nuts.GIF

Thats exactly what I plan to do *twisted*

Nobody can keep me from my bricks >:(

They're trying to keep me off sites like this and get me to read stuff related to other hobbies...

I'm going to lay low for a while (They have my MOC page link, my B-shelf account ect... and if anything is updated they will know)

But I'm NOT going down without a fight |:|

P.S. I never said I would be gone forever, look around, I'll turn up (maybe with another name) but I will be there *satis* (Maybe you can have a "Darth_Ewok search thread" :| )

P.P.S This will be my last post, goodbye everyone :')

Well, if you still BROWSE here...

I'm 20, and I have to say my mother couldn't be more supportive in my hobby. When I was younger, building gave me great spatial abilities, and Lego truly is one of the few hobbies out there that stimulates your brain, even if you don't intend to ;)

Just remember, if you ever come back under a new name, let us know it's you. Maybe by then there'll be a nice ewok smilie to welcome you back :-D

Anyway, take care and don't give up your passion

Well, if you still BROWSE here...

I'm 20, and I have to say my mother couldn't be more supportive in my hobby. When I was younger, building gave me great spatial abilities, and Lego truly is one of the few hobbies out there that stimulates your brain, even if you don't intend to ;)

Just remember, if you ever come back under a new name, let us know it's you. Maybe by then there'll be a nice ewok smilie to welcome you back :-D

Anyway, take care and don't give up your passion

I actually can't browse here anymore :(

I am probably going to get in trouble for posting this :(

I never said I wouldn't come back elsewhere under another name, it might not neccesarily be here.

Bye, This is my FINAL post!

(I want to make sure people know WHY I left so I seem to keep posting in this darn thread ;) )

FIGHT THE MAN, EWOK!

To Ewok's parents, if they're reading this: I apply LEGO constantly in my high school education, and take it as a serious hobby. I don't see why you would think otherwise, with the community of AFOLs and TFOLs as large as it is, not to mention the idea stopping your son from doing something he finds enjoyable out of sheer opinion... what makes other hobbies more viable than LEGO?

His LEGO hobby isn't hurting him. Don't hurt him by taking it away!

~ Oliver, age 15

Good luck to our furry pal.

Darth_Ewok do not read the the next lines :D

1.make a ewok smiley

2.keep at until he comes back

3.when he comes back show him and use his smiley tons

good idea? :/

Well DE i do agree with what the others have already said but i also understand that your parents can put you in a hard postion.

On behave of EB i would like to say that we hope you can somehow continue to post here as you have been great to chat with, untill your return you will be missed. :(

I wouldnt stand for this Ewok but theyre your parents, so Im sorry that I cant help.

We will all miss you though......

F them.

2. I really see no point in posting MOC's on the web under my current name (on b-shelf and MOC pages and other places) all I get from people is "Oh, another of his dumb MOC's" so I'm going to dissappear for a while.

F them too. :)

Of course, maybe it was just criticism you didn't want to hear, but I don't know. Wasn't there.

Moc how you wanna' moc, change when you wanna' change. It's what's fun and good for you that matters. :)

Do not listen to them!Lego is for all ages,so whoever says that Lego is immature is w-r-o-n-g.That means not true.

If you're leaving anyway,then please come back somewhere...someday...

We'll miss you,but do not stop playing with Lego,because Lego is the wood for the flame of life to burn...that made no sense at all.Sorry :D

What can be considered as a mature hobbie these days? Stamp collecting? Restoring old cars? Sampling all the nudie bars in your area?

Oh for trucks sake!!!

So sad..... :'(

Wish I had given you an Ewok smilie earlier, maybe then you would still be here...

Nonetheless here it is:

*ewok* <-- * ewok * (without spaces)

i also find it a bit weird that parents forbid their kids to have a creative, usefull and exciting hobby |-/

however, all the best and hope to see you again one day, like many others who've claimed to go forever and never to come back...

Man, I hate people who cant accept hobbies! Lego is far more mature than regular model building (I mean, wheres the imagination?). My grandfather said that Lego was for children, I stated that he was wayy too old for inventing things and it will kill him one day... No more complaints about that.

I think you should ignore people and just live on. Next time someone says something stupid, hit them hard with something blunt.

Well, smell you later! And Yub-yub-bye! *ewok*

I would like to point Darth Ewok's parents to this image. The box clearly states that the recommended age stretches to 14. That's Darth Ewok's age. You can't restrict him - he's a teenager now, and he needs his freedom of choice. If he wants to do what he does, if he wants friends like us, if he wants to keep expanding his creativity via this method, let him. You wouldn't like it if one of the closest things to your heart was torn away by people who shouldn't have the right. If you really cared, you'd let him be happy and do what he likes. If, I'm not saying he will, he calls you something similar to "You're the worst parents in the world.", don't be surprised. If you do such a harsh thing like that, he's bound to dislike you. A lot.

I think you should think more about what you're forcing your son to do. Think about the consequences. What if he runs away so he can be free and be picked up by a stranger and, possibly, murdered? That's what he feels about the loss of Lego - it's like it's be picked up by someone who shouldn't be able to force it to go. How would you feel if something you loved was taken away and was never returned? You wouldn't like it.

TT

it is a real shame that your parents don't trust your own judgement and support a constructive hobbie. hope you return soon *ewok* *ewok*

It is a dark time, our furry yub yub left :'(

You will be missed here mate !!!! I hope you'll find an inner strenght in you to come back with us shortly !!!!

Anyhow, I bid you ferwell and godspeed to you !!! Take care ;)

Yub Yub to you my furry friend *ewok* !!!!!!

*yoda*

i cant beleive that. lego is a hobby that stimulates the mind and incourages creativity. if i were a parent i would make my kid play with lego *ewok*

If my parents ever tell me I can't play with LEGO anymore I'll tell 'em to piss off (My point being is that they wouldn't ask me to)

Even if I am a teen I have my right of choice and right of freedom. There is no general opinion about ANYTHING. If there was then we wouldn't be human for crying out loud!

And seriously, they can't do that...it's an infringement of your rights (if you live in the US)