Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 14A

Or alternatively, we can soak you in the gasoline and then throw you into the croc. With a little help from the axe if you don't fit in one piece. :devil:

:oh3:

*whisper to Grease* She is one scary woman, where did we find her again?... :look:

*Mark holds his hand of cards a little higher up*

Or alternatively, we can soak you in the gasoline and then throw you into the croc. With a little help from the axe if you don't fit in one piece. :devil:

Now who else wants to share their fantastic ideas out loud? :hmpf_bad:

This morning I ripped my shirt off to save your life. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, we should put the fuel in Lorraine's rig and use that to tow the fuel tanker to the croc, duh. :hmpf:

I wish someone would rip off thier shirt for me. *Looks around for Schmelt* :blush:

So yes, back to main street we go to get some fuel. Are all of us going to go or are some of us going to split off? If we are going to split off, I'd like to go to main street and I'd like to take Greaseman with me so that he can unlock the safe at the jail. We could take some of the others with us. I feel like I might need some protection from the others if Greaseman starts getting fresh with me.

*Mark looks up from his card game*

Well if you want Grease you need me too, since we haven't finished this game yet. I want to get something done anyway, so I may as well come. :classic:

I'd like to go to main street and I'd like to take Greaseman with me so that he can unlock the safe at the jail.

Ok!

We could take some of the others with us. I feel like I might need some protection from the others if Greaseman starts getting fresh with me.

In other words, you think you might need the presence of a group to keep you from jumping my bones the second we're alone together. I understand.

*Mark looks up from his card game*

Well if you want Grease you need me too, since we haven't finished this game yet. I want to get something done anyway, so I may as well come. :classic:

Yeah, you can help keep her in line. :thumbup:

So yes, back to main street we go to get some fuel. Are all of us going to go or are some of us going to split off? If we are going to split off, I'd like to go to main street and I'd like to take Greaseman with me so that he can unlock the safe at the jail. We could take some of the others with us. I feel like I might need some protection from the others if Greaseman starts getting fresh with me.

I shall also come to this here mainstreet Miss Eleanor! I crave adventure after all this sittin', and besides I owe you a large debt!

I shall also come to this here mainstreet Miss Eleanor! I crave adventure after all this sittin', and besides I owe you a large debt!

Uh, hello? I'm back here! You're talking to Arin, you dimwit! I'm the blonde one, she's the brunette. :angry:

Okay, so first we go to the jail and see if we can break into the safe, and then we go get the barrel of fuel from the airport. Let's hustle, then!

Uh, hello? I'm back here! You're talking to Arin, you dimwit! I'm the blonde one, she's the brunette. :angry:

Okay, so first we go to the jail and see if we can break into the safe, and then we go get the barrel of fuel from the airport. Let's hustle, then!

I'm also the sane one. :tongue:

I'm also the sane one. :tongue:

And the licentious one. :hmpf_bad:

Cut me some slack will ya! I can't tell you girls apart when Miss Eleanor ain't angry!

*both leer at Austin*

Er, somethin' I said?

The "let's fuel and prime the Crocodile" group make it to the post office where they discovered the small barrel of fuel.

26.jpg

This fuel barrel is of the utmost importance. :sadnew: We must make sure that NOTHING happens to it on the way back.

This fuel barrel is of the utmost importance. :sadnew: We must make sure that NOTHING happens to it on the way back.

Axe at the ready, friend.

*Army mode*

Oorah!

Axe at the ready, friend.

*Army mode*

Oorah!

Where did you get an axe? :wacko:

How about carrying it between ourselves, at least until we find a wagon or something. There is enough of us that we can rotate when others get tired.

avsteve.jpg

Looks like we've found some fuel. How do you folks suggest we move it?

Let's just each grab a hold of it and carry it together. Or roll it if it's too heavy, the road is smooth enough for that.

Let's just each grab a hold of it and carry it together. Or roll it if it's too heavy, the road is smooth enough for that.

Remember, this is liquid in a barrel, which has been sitting here for (presumably) quite some time. The wood is likely to have rotted slightly and there are undoubtedly small gaps between each panel. I don't know if this top is very secure, either. I, personally, would not feel comfortable moving it into a different position. perhaps four of us should each hold it from the bottom and cycle the labor like Mayor Brown suggested?

The group lift and roll the fuel barrel along the street toward the Train Engine Shed. No contents are spilled. Reaching the Crocodile Engine, they lift the barrel upright popping off the lid -smells like diesel fuel.

avsteve.jpg

Now that we have some fuel, lets attempt to syphon it with this small hose (pulls hose out from under one of the sides of the Crocodile).

Sucking on the end of one hose with the other in the fuel container, the gas starts to enter the Crocodile's tank.

Blup...Blup...Blup... the contents in the container slowly drain into the tank.

avsteve.jpg

What I know about train repairs is that it will take a little time to get this engine primed, since it's been years since the loco has run.

I can't guarantee that we can get this thing started, but I'll try my best. Also, with just a small barrel of fuel, it won't get us very far if we can start it.

Does someone smell rain coming?

Does someone smell rain coming?

Oh this here ain't good news. I hate the rain, always was a bit alien ta me growin' up in Texas. I think now that we're gettin' hopefully ta the end of our journey our killer may try an' rise up ta stop us! No one wander off ya hear? This here is a very crucial moment an' I don't want ta end up like those other poor souls!

Can someone hand me that wrench? *point in general direction while head is in the engine*

I think I just might be able to get this thing working! :sweet: :thumbup:

CLANK!

CLANK!

CLANK!

oops... :oh:

Jesus, what now?! Can I say something like, "you fool, give that to me *fixes engine*," Alex?

avsteve.jpg

Oh CRAP! I think that was one too many clanks. I seem to have damaged the starter/speed regulator mechanism.

What does that mean you ask?

avdavid.jpg

It means that IF we get this loco started, we won't be able to control it; meaning one start and a constant speed.

avbrakes.jpg

You mean NO BRAKES?

avsteve.jpg

Minimal brakes :sad:

avlorraine.jpg

Is it "fixable"?

avsteve.jpg

Not in this crazy @$$ town. I'd need some old electrical parts off another Swiss Crocodile to fix it - you thought finding a Johnson Rod was tricky. Well, this is MUCH worse.