z_zadar

Coastal Gates in Zadar, 16th century, Historical MOC

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 91c

I've started a work on historical project, to show history of one of famous buildings in my hometown - Coastal gates, Porta terraferma at ZAdar, Croatia

phase 1 at year 1537 - before the construction of the new gates and walls:

1250291561m_SPLASH.jpg

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/144814

phase 2 at year 1540 - building in progress.

1249747970m_SPLASH.jpg

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/143089

Visit MOC pages for photos of details.

At the end of the story there should be as much as 9 stages, but after phase 3 (construction finished) there will not be many changes on the gates itself.

Thanks for your comments.

I have just returned from Croatia from a small villige 60km away from Zadar, which I visited too. So I'll keep watching your stages of coastal gates.

It looks really interesting right now....keep working ;-)

Edited by FlyChicken

I've just finished the model of Coastal Gates, Zadar, Croatia. They still need to be included in the MOC, showing them in historical ambient.

frontal view:

kv01.jpg

sideview:

kv02.jpg

sideview with a fool:

kv03.jpg

st. Marco's lion:

kv04.jpg

heraldics:

kv05.jpg

birdview:

kv06.jpg

Coastal Gates generations:

kv07.jpg

Real life photo:

kv-orig.jpg

You've got a really nice series of MOCs there, and the construction is consistently top-of-the-range. In particular, the white stone detailing is fantastic. The painted parts don't show up unless you know what you're looking for :thumbup:

What is the purpose of the smaller scale gates?

This probably belongs best in the Pirate MOC forum, given its nautical theme and time period :wink:

This is amazing. It really looks like all the details were carved in a block of LEGO :pir-tongue:

This probably belongs best in the Pirate MOC forum, given its nautical theme and time period :wink:

I'm happy for being obducted by Pirate theme I love pirates :pir-blush: , but the building hardly ever saw pirates because it's 2000 miles and hundreds of years away from golden pirate Caribbean era. Also the time span I'm trying to reproduce with these series of MOC's varies from 16th century to modern times.

Nut never mind, I will put a pirate or two to future Coastal gates MOC's, I enjoy in this theme :pir_laugh2:

This is really impressive. Great detail on the gate and its always a nice topic to build something from your hometown. I look forward to seeing the completed moc :thumbup:

This is a very nice creation z-zadar.

Those stages are looking really good. And as for the gate, normally I would like to see some darker coloured bricks amongst all of that white but this looks great nevertheless. The lion is my favorite detail. What part did you use for the wing? I don't recognise it and it looks really useful for one of my ideas for my own project.

I will be keeping an eye on this project :pir-wink:

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Errorist

What part did you use for the wing? I don't recognise it and it looks really useful for one of my ideas for my own project.

Unfortunately, wing had t o be customized. There are no white wing or white snakes in LEGO offer. This is the wign:

48284 Hippogriff 'Buckbeak' Wing 48284.gif

Customisation was done with spray-color.

Amazing! This looks very good :pir-classic: Great work on the winged-lion (or something like that) have you also made something on the other side of this building? And is there a reason for that joker standing there? :pir_laugh2:

It really looks like all the details were carved in a block of LEGO :pir-tongue:

Exactly what I was planning to say. :pir_laugh2:

Great creation, it reminds me on the roman empire somehow...

Finally! More Croatians!

Bravo! 1st rate! I was at this gate in July. Very well done!

Bog i Hrvati!

-Martin Super

It must be wonderful to live in a historical town like Zadar. I think it's the logical choice for you to recreate parts of your city with Lego. I very much like the gates and especially the ornaments you've added.

This brings back some good memories because I've spend the entire month of July in Croatia and stayed on week in Trogir (which is pretty close to Zadar).