Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

2006 Passenger Train 7897

More new pics:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=117709

So I assume there's four seperate sets, the Crocodile Train, the Crane Train, the Passeger Train and the Cargo Train.

Nice pics. I love the cargo wagon with the side-doors, I might buy one to add to my HP train and transport my soldiers :-D .

Definitively the best I have seen since the ones from the 90's (16 years later, guau :oD , well, at least the waiting has surprises) *minifig*

So I assume there's four seperate sets, the Crocodile Train, the Crane Train, the Passeger Train and the Cargo Train.

There are four sets, right:

tracks

passenger train

cargo train

;)

From this view, the front of the locomotive is at a different angle. You also get a better view of the passenger train. Also, in the middle of the base, there seems to be a chunk of brick...perhaps the remote compartment?

P.S. You can also see the all-plastic tracks...

they look fantastic!

not sure about the four different trains, tho.

the passenger train in the back is shorter than the other passenser trains...

i think the crane is a seperate set: just one wagon, no crocodile

then there is the cargo train, but they may be selling the loc as a seperate set as well?

they look fantastic!

then there is the cargo train, but they may be selling the loc as a seperate set as well?

There will be one cargo set (loco + crane + 3 waggons), one ICE set (2 locos, 1 waggon). They don't want 'system', they want to sell the box.

Looks great - I can't wait for the new trains to arrive - there must be a zillion "old" trains on sale within long. Wait I just bought the 4511 High Speed Train cheap before Xmas. I've finally accepted the "new" trains and now they change everything again... nevermind I'll buy some anyways :oD

KimT aka Soon To Be Poor Bastard

Trains look great! The new bridge seems to be the same in the new constrution truck.

bild3.jpg

they look fantastic!

There will be one cargo set (loco + crane + 3 waggons), one ICE set (2 locos, 1 waggon). They don't want 'system', they want to sell the box.

Thanks for the details. I'm surprised at the amount they're including in each set.

I thinks I figured out how this IR will work.Motors remain unchanged, but the new IR battery pack clips in to the electric stud of the motor. That's a very neat solution... meaning we can, if we build the pack into our existing trains and then use 9V wires, have IR control. And the motors are fully compatible with exisitng track... and you can do new circuits too ... no more short circuiting! YAY!

One word discribes these trains, AWESOME! I love the new trains. Do you think this is the entrie '06 train lineup or are we in for even more wonderful suprises? Oh and if you look up in the top right corner of the train page you can see a very cool blue 6 wide truck. This pic alone sells me the trains. And speaking of selling, does anyone know about how much these trains will be priced at?

LegoBMW

tracks are compatible, so everything's not changing ;)

It looks like the track color may be bley though.

But the cargo train is very nice. I like the engine, the box car, and esp. the crane car- reminds me a lot of 4552, Cargo Crane. And check out the blue truck. Looks like that may be part of one of the sets.

4552-1.jpg

WOW!!

I wish I could buy all of them! LOL |-D

Anyway, am I the only one that notice the passenger train doesn't have any doors *wacko* ?

It's kinda annoying for me but still looks good.

Oh and if Lego are listening, please release more "My Own Train" Series because I just love all of them.

They look ok, certainly better than their predecessors. But does anybody else feel like they're just missing something that the old 90's trains and other line of sets had? A certain quality, something I can't quite explain. Other than Star Wars and few other exceptions, the newer sets just don't seem to have that same quality to them IMO. Unlike in the 80's-90's when every set had that quality and feel to it.

That's just my two cents though.

They look ok, certainly better than their predecessors. But does anybody else feel like they're just missing something that the old 90's trains and other line of sets had? A certain quality, something I can't quite explain. Other than Star Wars and few other exceptions, the newer sets just don't seem to have that same quality to them IMO. Unlike in the 80's-90's when every set had that quality and feel to it.

Could just be nostalgia at work.... ;)

I feel the same way catch 22. i was born in 1990 and i was able to see how lego used to do things. All of the new sets just dont look as good as they did back then.

I'm hoping for bluetooth control of trains, for easy integration with the NXT. I imagine the train motor will be the same (for now) with an add-on bluetooth receiver attached to the studs normally used for attaching light bricks. A bluetooth receiver capable of driving old motors would be good for mindstorms users too.. this would allow one to drive old technic motors from the NXT as well.

I imagine that over time they would phase out the electrical contacts on the wheels (to save money) and possibly make other changes, but I'm hoping they start out by just using the existing motor.

Does anyone know if the crane wagon crane boom *wacko* extends farther than shown in the picture? I really hope so, if they don't extend farther than shown if would be sad, not to mention unrealistic.

I'm pretty sure it extends beyond that length. As with set 4552, the black (extenable) part of the boom is inside the yellow outer piece, making it possible to be extended further.

I'm pretty sure it extends beyond that length. As with set 4552, the black (extenable) part of the boom is inside the yellow outer piece, making it possible to be extended further.

No, the part used in new crane is not extenable.

Hello, I'm French, so sorry for my english.

Does anybody like the hight speed train and the cargo one of 2003?

Because they were my first trains and I find them beautiful. I know that they aren't perfect but they look better than the transalpin speed train and the passenger train before (a yellow and black one).

I don't know if I will buy the news ones, it depend on the price and the space I have.

Does TLC continue to send electric rails even if the new ones aren't electric?

No I don't think so. The new rails are compatible though. So new trains can use the "old" rails but unfortunately the old trains can't use the new rails - they're not power leading :|

KimT

Hello, I'm French, so sorry for my english.

Does anybody like the hight speed train and the cargo one of 2003?

Because they were my first trains and I find them beautiful. I know that they aren't perfect but they look better than the transalpin speed train and the passenger train before (a yellow and black one).

I don't know if I will buy the news ones, it depend on the price and the space I have.

Hi Alex. I have the Cargo Train and find it a very nice set. First, it's a complete set (I like the fact that it includes everything needed including a light and right point/switch). I esp. like the boxcar and the engine, and the grey and green color scheme. I don't have the high speed, however, that I'm not crazy about.

From what I heard, the new track is completely compatible with electric track but probably won't send an electric current without metal rails. I will probably buy the new cargo train though, simply for the rolling stock (cargo crane and box car(s). I'm not too crazy about an engine that needs 6 batteries though, so not sure if I will like this new "play train" style.

Looking forward to seeing the new set. I'm not real fond of the new passenger train though (once again), but the cargo should be pretty nice from the images.