Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

2006 Passenger Train 7897

The color scheme looks somewhat appealing. I would have to see the front of the train to determine if I would decide on buying it. I hope it isn't another one-piece chunk of plastic as in the High Speed Train...

I thought it was the prototype for the current green-stripped high speed train. I don't know of anyone remembers but before the sets came out, a lot of prototype pictures were revealed from Marz Distribution and the current green-stripped train was actually pictured very similar to the one pictured here. Also, the Cargo train had a long platform and a long gas wagon.

Yeah, I remember that. perhaps they used the prototype as a basis for this set.

This looks a lot like the german ICE train. Actually, it is almost completely alike. :o As a train fan, I think I'll definitly buy that one :-D

looks brilliant! i may become a train fan after all!

what about the electric system of these trains? wasn't TLC planning on changing that?

It's supposely remote-controled and has a battery pack instead of using the track as a way to power the engine. Some other features were supposely added but we didn't hear anything new on this for monthes now

I like the passenger train. Wonder what those windows are though...

Not a big fan of the cargo train, but then again, I never really was a train fan at all...

*wub* I'm so gonna buy these trains... wonder why they quit 12V :| Might be too expensive to buy a train and a speed regulator or something... 8-|

KimT

They quit the 12V system since european legislation didn't allow toys to have a higher voltage than 9v.

(The fact that this was a completely arbitrary number not connected to reality at all doesn't have anything to do with this, either)

They quit the 12V system since european legislation didn't allow toys to have a higher voltage than 9v.

(The fact that this was a completely arbitrary number not connected to reality at all doesn't have anything to do with this, either)

They should have kept to the 9V system then - LoL

KimT

I think it's 9V. Just a different way to use it. And the tracks are fully compatible with the current 9V ones, so there's no real problem :D

I'm more interested in seeing the whole cargo train, esp the rolling stock. The engine doesn't look like a crocodile as originally suspected from the small BrickLink image.

Sam: do you have a whole image of either train engine?

SQUEE new trains. The IR reciever looks subtle enough, more plane tops, green train doors, that sweet front piece, more trusses, interesting new motorized bogey, and decent-looking plastic track. And looking at the full sized posters, that's the most work I've seen put into them in a long time...kickin'.

-Stefan-

The cargo one looks quite better than the last ones they've gotten out for sale in previous years. But I am really expectin to see the new Passenger one, at least I hope it's better than the High Speed Train from 2003. :D

Wow. I'm not a train fan until now, but these look sweet! Totally unlike recent very sucky offerings.

I may have to add trains to my 2005 shopping list!

Good effort on the ICE. ICE MOCs have been around for quite some time but I like this original design. The cargo train doesn't really sweep me off my feet, except for the locomotive. Looks like a good old design (with "normal" doors).

I may have to add trains to my 2005 shopping list!

Wouldn't you be a bit late for that? ;)

I am so getting the passenger train :oD Finally a fast train with a fantastic design and a great colour scheme *wub*

Tks Bildur for posting the pics of the "crocodile" (?).

I think this train looks fantastic as well :oD I love the rail cars (the crans one is sweet, and the car transport is sweet). The engine is great looking too !!

Finally that bridge make some sense afterall :D

May 200 be the year of the trains ;)

*yoda*