9 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!

indexed.gif

No pictures of the box or anything here, because I couldn't bring myself to pay for this set on ebay! So, I ordered the parts via Bricklink for the Dropship and combined it with the AT-TE I received through an existing Brickmaster subscription.

Name: San Diego Comic Con 2009 Brickmaster Exclusive : Republic Dropship & AT-TE Mini

Theme: Star Wars Minis

Year: 2009

Pieces: errr ?

Minifigs: None

Price: $50 (if you were lucky enough to "win" the chance to buy one!)

First up, all the parts laid out in a nice and orderly fashion ... how organised!

3824034360_81d11c9c26.jpg

A couple of random parts in the build ...

3824034216_94b189205e.jpg

3823231329_60bd6a69ae.jpg

And here's the final build Dropship :

3823231539_d7a8a82805.jpg

And here's the Dropship carrying the AT-TE

3824035158_37b5d3b8eb.jpg

So there you have it. I'm glad I spent the time getting the instructions and working out the parts list. After a few Bricklink orders, I had all the bits I needed and I was away. It's a pretty good model once built and looks good as a display model.

It even inspired me to make a mini AT-OT companion model to go with it, which you can see if you click the picture below :

3824035866_fbd5c38099.jpg

The Ratings :

Playability/Swooshability : 9/10 (pretty swooshable, but the "dismount" is a bit fiddly and sometimes leaves bits of the dropship behind)

Design : 8/10 (Quite an accurate depiction, although as I said, bits get left behind on "dismount")

Price : 7/10 (if you buy just the parts or have them spare already) or 2/10 (if you buy the actual Brickmaster set!)

Overall : 8/10 (A few tiny flaws, but pretty good overall)

Edited by Big Pete
poll added / indexed

Looks like a good transformation into mini. Good thing you were able to get the pieces. So it holds the AT-OT? I would show that as a picture in this thread

So it holds the AT-OT? I would show that as a picture in this thread

I've edited the link to the AT-OT to be a picture of my MOC ... hope that helps!

Thank you for the review. The ebay price is crazy for the amount of pieces you get but hey all comic con sets are expensive. Your pictures are very clear and your information was nicely put. Good Job :thumbup:

While I have the actual set and an AT-TE, I'm still jealous. This set's really awesome and I love the mini AT-OT you made for it. Somehow I'll build that LAAT/C Mini, somehow! :tongue:

How can you give this a 6 on price. It should be like a 2. It is retarded expensive.

Price : 6/10 (far too expensive ... unless you buy the parts or have them spare already!)

How can you give this a 6 on price. It should be like a 2. It is retarded expensive.

Price : 6/10 (far too expensive ... unless you buy the parts or have them spare already!)

because I was technically reviewing the Drophip only and I bought the parts for it, which were not exactly expensive. I will edit it!