Sign in to follow this  
NewRight

TTCE: Sante Fe Freight Train

ENTERED

At nearly 36 studs this train is slightly larger than my previous train and have a much large feeling to it.

I want to make it longer before I'm done with it and I also want to add decals to the windscreen, along with its identification number and the large Sante Fe lettering.

I think it has a rather realistic appearance if I do say so myself.

Based On

CIMG9842-1.jpg

CIMG9846-1.jpg

See more on Flickr

Edited by TheBrickster

Nice MOC :classic:

But why say "possible TTCE entry"? I think it is good enough to add it as an entry, so go ahead.

Edited by aawsum

I still want to add stickers and I'm still debating whether or not I want to make it a little longer.

No problem for me, but if I understood correct then you can only enter new mocs, the question is if this is new, because you have shown it already

Or am I now nitpicking :devil:

If I'm correct then I think new refers to the train not being shown before the date that the contest thread was released.

It's a bit on the short side, but a little longer would be good. Foot placing like the BNSF GP-38 to make the Locomotive 8-wide would add to it, as the crew would use this to get from the end to the Cab in front. The top headlamp shouldn't stick out that far and should be embedded into the loco also like the BNSF. If you are going for 8-wide, then you should make the engine longer to get the proportions right. I hope to see what improvements come from this and good luck!

I like this NewRight. It's a shorter, more brick-built version of the Super Chief. Nice job on the yellow strips along the sides. Do you still have this constructed? If you just shared it for the first time here, you can enter it as a Category 2 entry.

I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't be changing this for a while (or at least before the contest) and have decided to enter it as is into Category Two.