Sign in to follow this  
Cooper

MOC: 2-10-4 Texas Style Monkey Motion WIP

traintech1.jpg

This steam engine is a WIP, using two Medium PF motors, the IR Sensor, and two switches (one to reverse the 2nd motor, the other as an extension chord from the PF IR Receiver to the PF Rechargeable Battery in the tender)

The PF features power the BBB Large Drivers. If anyone has thoughts on improving the traction of the BBB Large Drivers to put more power down I'd love to hear ideas.

The engine runs pretty well with the tender. It is also able to pull a couple of longer coaches (but that is about is).

3816774786_e86bd7c507.jpg

3816774828_6b4d8acc28.jpg

Very nice Coop. I like how you have the cut-away section to show off the PF system. Great train wheels! Are those from Big Ben's?

I like how you have the cut-away section to show off the PF system.

Thanks. Fitting all of that stuff in there and getting it to work was a bit of a challenge.

Are those from Big Ben's?

Yes, they are. The engine above uses the Large Drivers and Small Train Wheels.

Ref: for anyone wanting more info on the wheels: Big Ben Bricks.

I don't know much about trains, but I know that they're impressive and creepy and beautiful, and this one is no exception :)

Great job man, I love your Locomotive, I don't have any expirience of old trains construction, but after I look at the big ben's bricks, I want to construct one to, I never heard of about this wheels, and possibly I will have to buy a litles ones for me. Continues the good work. :thumbup:

Wow, very nice locomotive you got going there. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

The PF features power the BBB Large Drivers. If anyone has thoughts on improving the traction of the BBB Large Drivers to put more power down I'd love to hear ideas.

Try adding rubber bands around the wheels like the Emerald Night has. This will improve the traction between the wheels and the track to give you more pulling power.