Sign in to follow this  
Apache

Pirate Tic Tac Toe - Cheap Part Alert

I've been going through this thread over and over as the prices for TTT sets are getting quite cheap even on ebay - hence im still considering buying a couple. However i noticed alot of the focus is mainly on the red soldiers torsos/arms etc.

I was wondering how badly the admiral and pirate figures have been affected - could anyone show me some comparison shots (or just let me know if they are crap).... so i dont go and buy them with the blind hope that "maybe some of the other figs will be alright" - any feed back would be appreciated.

Cheers

Aquila D'oro

I've been going through this thread over and over as the prices for TTT sets are getting quite cheap even on ebay - hence im still considering buying a couple. However i noticed alot of the focus is mainly on the red soldiers torsos/arms etc.

I was wondering how badly the admiral and pirate figures have been affected - could anyone show me some comparison shots (or just let me know if they are crap).... so i dont go and buy them with the blind hope that "maybe some of the other figs will be alright" - any feed back would be appreciated.

Cheers

Aquila D'oro

The Pirates are not as bad as the Soldiers. (the hands are crap though)

Hi everyone, I'm from Singapore. I noticed even the legs also do have 1 difference bewteen the TTT and the SA. Look carefully on the "center vertical piece", which hold the legs together, you will noticed a horizontal line across it. But on the SA, you won't see this. This applies to the Chess set as well.

By the way, the imperial flagship will only comes in to my country in April and priced at SGD339.90.

Edited by buffy

This weekend past, me and my fiancee were at the Natick Collection Lego store in Mass, and she picked up a minifig three pack. One minifig she made was of a fireman (which didn't suffer from the cheap plastic), but the other two were Pirate women. Both torsos, one the black pirate woman the other a white Imperial maiden, were of the cheap plastic. The gold paint on the white torso is significantly duller. Both feature duller paints and the overall plastic just feels cheaper. The hands are harder to rotate wrist-wise.

She is a bit disapointed, since she was able to compare these with her other female pirate minifigs that are of the normal Lego quality.

Another odd thing, they have the white maid torso but no maiden bottom. How odd.

I know I'm the new guy, but could you maybe change the topic title to 'cheap plastic' or 'poor plastic'

I saw the title and thought you were cluing me into a great bargain, not a warning against poor materials.

Why does Lego have to go down the dark evil road of cheap/junky parts? :pir_bawling: I remember when Mega Bloks was making sets that were more detail, more interesting, and they had parts that were as high a quality as the old Lego sets. I got back into Lego because they were making better quality sets and now I find that they are cutting corners. Does anybody have a reason why Lego is doing this? :pir-sceptic:

Why does Lego have to go down the dark evil road of cheap/junky parts? :pir_bawling: I remember when Mega Bloks was making sets that were more detail, more interesting, and they had parts that were as high a quality as the old Lego sets. I got back into Lego because they were making better quality sets and now I find that they are cutting corners. Does anybody have a reason why Lego is doing this? :pir-sceptic:

To maximize profit...like every business.

Its all ok here guys, It is for Tic Tac Toe, and meant to be played with Tic Tac Toe, Not be used in a MOC. That's the way LEGO is probably looking at this, Its mainly for kids and they want to mass produce (?) This set, Probably for a long time.. Is this the same quality as the other Tic Tac Toe/Chess sets? Its just a TTT set, No need to wig out. LEGO Is still going to use its High Quality standards in normal good selling sets. If not, keel haul me. :pir-sad2:

To maximize profit...like every business.

In case you haven't noticed when Lego did this the last time it didn't help their bottom line much. When mega bloks started lowering their quality control the pieces wouldn't fit together and even the kids didn't buy them. I remember when Megabloks had a bigger section in the toy store than Lego and now it is the opposite because Lego is making better quality parts. So again, why would Lego do this. :pir-sceptic::pir-classic:

Its all ok here guys, It is for Tic Tac Toe, and meant to be played with Tic Tac Toe, Not be used in a MOC. That's the way LEGO is probably looking at this, Its mainly for kids and they want to mass produce (?) This set, Probably for a long time.. Is this the same quality as the other Tic Tac Toe/Chess sets? Its just a TTT set, No need to wig out. LEGO Is still going to use its High Quality standards in normal good selling sets. If not, keel haul me. :pir-sad2:

I've the chess set, and sadly, they are of the same quality as Tic Tac Toe.

LEGO Is still going to use its High Quality standards in normal good selling sets
ARe toy story sets not normal good selling sets?

I think that the whole appeal there was with LEGO board games was that you could also use the pieces for other things or replace the current pieces with other ones, or even modify them. It is also bad for image if they start to use this cheap plastic on things that are supposed to get sold outside their normal market.

Edited by vexorian