Sign in to follow this  
Paul cantu

Fort Aspiration

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 88a

This is my Redcoat fort for my port. I have been talking about building a port for a while but now have actually started its construction. The fort will sit on top of a mountain that overlooks the beachfront on one side and on the other side overlooks the harbor. I still need more Redcoats :pir-sceptic:

Fort Aspiration includes The Governor's Mansion, the port's jail, and the Commodore's office.

p8110001.jpg

p8110028.jpg

p8110011.jpg

p8110012.jpg

p8110015.jpg

p8110025.jpg

p8110030.jpg

p8110016.jpg

p8110020.jpg

p8110002.jpg

p8110003.jpg

More at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=396624 when public

Edited by SlyOwl

Real nice! I have always been a fan of the sloped walls!

-Super

Real nice! I have always been a fan of the sloped walls!

-Super

Oh what a fully armored fort !

I really like the inclinaison of the wall, the effect is far better than "normal" walls.

Great construction !

That's one mighty fort. I really like the design of the governor's mansion. Although the sloped walls are nice, I don't like the way they attach to the rest of the build. But then again building the walls entirely out of slopes requires many, many slopes. Can't you alternatively attach them using 1 x 2 hinges?

Although the sloped walls are nice, I don't like the way they attach to the rest of the build. But then again building the walls entirely out of slopes requires many, many slopes. Can't you alternatively attach them using 1 x 2 hinges?

Once I add the mountains and vegetation around the wall they will stay up better. I also built them in that way so I can easily remove them and maybe try different wall designs to see how they look.

Edited by Paul cantu

That's a fantastic Fort Paul. I like how you used LBaixinho's sloped wall technique from Forte Branco. I am doing the same thing with my Fort Monck. It turned out beautifully and has many similaries with the fort I am building right now. You have given me a few good idea's for my Fort. The only thing I did differently was I over hung the plates over the wall by one brick to give it a little different look but I still love the very clean feeling it has the way you've done it. Great job! All the details you have included are fantistic. It really has such a completed feel to it. Move vegitation is only going to add to the final product. Very impressive. I love forts!

That's a fantastic Fort Paul. I like how you used LBaixinho's sloped wall technique from Forte Branco. I am doing the same thing with my Fort Monck. It turned out beautifully and has many similaries with the fort I am building right now. You have given me a few good idea's for my Fort. The only thing I did differently was I over hung the plates over the wall by one brick to give it a little different look but I still love the very clean feeling it has the way you've done it. Great job! All the details you have included are fantistic. It really has such a completed feel to it. Move vegitation is only going to add to the final product. Very impressive. I love forts!

Thanks! I can't wait to see your fort! I would definately suggest putting some rocks or some bricks on the outer edge of the sloped walls because the walls slip out pretty easily.

That's a great fort you made there.

I really like the gatehouse, it stands out nicely! :thumbup:

I would like to see some more landscaping around it, are you planning on that by any chance?

That's a great fort you made there.

I really like the gatehouse, it stands out nicely! :thumbup:

I would like to see some more landscaping around it, are you planning on that by any chance?

The fort is going to be on top of a mountain covered with plants. I just don't have all the required pieces at this moment. I need to finish building my beachfront then I'll work on the mountain.

You can always just use a boatload of slopes too....

What is this referring to? If it is referring to the walls then yes that's true but by using the technique I chose you can get the pieces for a cheaper price, still have the same angle as the sloped walls, and add more details such as windows, vines, and so on to the walls.

I like your fort! The walls are really nice, as well the buildings within. I'm not too fond of the high tower though. It makes the strong looking fort a fragile look.

Also, the cannons on top have no space behind them, and when a cannon fires it rolls backwards. Not a big deal but it makes the fort wallgangway slightly cramped.

Otherwise, the gatehouse looks great! As well as some other buildings, great detail!

I think you've done a great job Paul! I'm looking forward to see more of you. :thumbup:

Nicely done! It certainly has a colonial look to it. Nice to see the standard flying high.

With all these forts, we redcoats must be doing pretty well.

ai ai. Nice fort. love the angled walls . but i think i would not have the house as a outer wall part. look like a weaker point that. use some laddermen and go in by the window or use cannons to knock the house down instead of the wall. but perhaps you have some sharp shooters on that part of the fort :pir_laugh2:

keep the flag high !!

I like your fort! The walls are really nice, as well the buildings within. I'm not too fond of the high tower though. It makes the strong looking fort a fragile look.

Also, the cannons on top have no space behind them, and when a cannon fires it rolls backwards. Not a big deal but it makes the fort wallgangway slightly cramped.

Otherwise, the gatehouse looks great! As well as some other buildings, great detail!

I think you've done a great job Paul! I'm looking forward to see more of you. :thumbup:

Thanks. I really appreciate the constructive criticism. I too thought that the tower looked a bit out of place and consulted my ever so helpful sister who said it looked "fine" so I left it. It originally was supposed to have small windows but I started to run low on gray bricks so that was the result. I think I am going to leave the tower but might add the smaller windows. I also noticed the cannon thing but left it alone (I don't know why). :pir-sceptic: