Sign in to follow this  
The Rancor

Disney's Cars Theme pic

EDIT: This picture just turned up on brickshelf which is actually a Megabloks version of what COULD be a new TLG licensed set! I can't believe some posted this on brickshelf labelling it as Megabloks. Oh, well, there's an Atlantis pic, so I'm sure someone will find a legit pic soon of TLG's (!!!) Cars sets. It's only a matter of time. BTW if this ios the first time you have read this thread, the theme is the license clash of Megabloks and Lego using the Duplo Cars theme as focus.

Edited by The Rancor

that's actually from the megablox cars theme.

Really? :hmpf: Before an epic fail shutdown...

Megabloks' big block things look exactly like Duplo and I expected elements like that to be in the new theme.

I searched for ages and just found the pic, because we are keen on seeing new 2010 pics.

Maybe if crossovers like this are possible, we might see Pirates of the Caribbean in the future from Lego.

But really, Megabloks sets already released, normal Cars licensed plastic playsets...What is TLG thinking? :sick::hmpf:

that's actually from the megablox cars theme.

Righto. I can't believe I'm about to do this, :cry_sad: but, here's the link to the set on M*g* Bl*ks. :sick:

Yeah, I've seen these so-called sets in stores. They're actually not bad in that they look very much like their movie counterparts. Not sure how exactly Lego is going to top that, I'm sure they will. :wink:

We can only hope that TLG do better and wipe this filth of the face of the earth Spyder! :hmpf_bad:

They obviously will, but it'll be interesting to see how they do it. :classic:

We can only hope that TLG do better and wipe this filth of the face of the earth Spyder! :hmpf_bad:

You kidding? Of course they will! Those M*g* Bl*ks sets had like 5 pieces each. It was pathetic and we know Lego will come through for us, because Lego has and will always be the best plastic brick out there. :sweet:

I can't believe some posted this on brickshelf.

Maybe it is because it is Brickshelf?

-Omi

Maybe it is because it is Brickshelf?

-Omi

You can't coun't megabloks as bricks or blocks anymore. All it is now is lumps of plastic that connect to other lumps of plastic to make an even bigger and uglier lump of plastic :wink:

Megablocks is basically lego for hamfisted people who can't see well.

I could have sworn that cars set was duplo because it looks just like it.

Edited by Black Rabbit

I could have sworn that cars set was duplo because it looks just like it.

Glad I'm not the only one :wink:

I'm sure that TLG will do better, but it's not as if I usually buy Duplo. It needs lots of playability to merit buying for younger relations as a present.

Edited by The Rancor

You can't coun't megabloks as bricks or blocks anymore.

Same can be said about Lego then.

-Omi

(This is directed primarily at Black Rabbit's post)

Oh please. Let's stop with the petty "Oh zounds, it's not the one we like best, so it's clearly the WORST THING EVER; let us all insult it mercilessly and pretend it is a degenerate stain upon the fabric of society!"

Goodness, just because we play with Lego bricks doesn't mean we can't act like adults.

Argh! I'm actually itching for a shutdown before this turns into a Megabloks major rant :hmpf:

We hate Megabloks here in general. It's simple, and only because we :wub: Lego instead.

Major hiccup on the topic front.

Edited by The Rancor

Argh! I'm actually itching for a shutdown before this turns into a Megabloks major rant :hmpf:

We hate Megabloks here in general. It's simple, and only because we :wub: Lego instead.

Major hiccup on the topic front.

You don't have to explain that to me - I can see that. Hence my groaning and asking if it would really be that difficult for us to act like adults instead.

(This is directed primarily at Black Rabbit's post)

it's not the one we like best, so it's clearly the WORST THING EVER;

Wait. Why'd you say "we like best"? I dislike all the clone brands. I like Lego the best, and nothing else. Plus according to you, if we all acted like grown-ups, then we would like M*g* Bl*ks? :wacko: Wouldn't you be mad if you invented something great, then I waited until the patent for it expired, and made the same thing, but of cheaper quality, and made money from your idea? It's what M*g* Bl*ks did.

Wait. Why'd you say "we like best"? I dislike all the clone brands. I like Lego the best, and nothing else. Plus according to you, if we all acted like grown-ups, then we would like M*g* Bl*ks? :wacko:

That is not at all what I am saying. What I am saying is that if you were acting like adults, you wouldn't be spouting such outlandishly, childishly hyperbolic vitriol and ire against something just because you like something else better.

That is not at all what I am saying. What I am saying is that if you were acting like adults, you wouldn't be spouting such outlandishly, childishly hyperbolic vitriol and ire against something just because you like something else better.

I see what you are saying. But still, I view Mega Bloks as a cheap rip-off. I think all clone brands give Lego a bad name as some people won't know how good Lego is because they go for the cheaper sets and buy clone brands instead. Believe me, Mega Bloks is cheap and crappy, I own some of them from a long time ago. Lego was the original, and for now, it's the best. :classic:

I see what you are saying. But still, I view Mega Bloks as a cheap rip-off. I think all clone brands give Lego a bad name as some people won't know how good Lego is because they go for the cheaper sets and buy clone brands instead. Believe me, Mega Bloks is cheap and crappy, I own some of them from a long time ago. Lego was the original, and for now, it's the best. :classic:

Little competition never hurts anyone.

Believe me, Mega Bloks is cheap and crappy, I own some of them from a long time ago.

I bought some expensive Mega Bloks and they weren't crappy. :)

Guess that goes against what you say.

-Omi

I bought some expensive Mega Bloks and they weren't crappy. :)

Guess that goes against what you say.

-Omi

I can never win with you guys. :hmpf::tongue:

Might I ask why you bought Mega Bloks?

Might I ask why you bought Mega Bloks?

Because I am pretty open minded and the Dragons theme was pretty badass.

-Omi

Because I am pretty open minded and the Dragons theme was pretty badass.

-Omi

Plus some of the most kickass minifigs ever.

Really though, I just want a Neo Shifter.

There are forums and sites out there for megablocks but both Eurobricks and Brickshelf are about LEGO!

We are here to discuss lego and related lego themes, m3g@b10ck$ should be discussed on sites where they're meant to be discussed. People come here for the real deal so we would apprieciate it if you keep them out of our lego community.

The reason they call it Brickshelf and not Legoshelf is because Lego is a trademarked product and they want us to respect that. Plus a million sites with the word Lego in the title give the impression of official offiliation with the company and confuse people.

Reaper052 :skull:

Edited by Reaper052

I shan't dispute that Lego products tend to be of a somewhat higher quality; I own both Lego sets and Mega Blocks sets so I can attest to the greater structural integrity of Lego bricks. I wouldn't call Mega Blocks "cheap and crappy," but they are perceptibly more fragile, yes. Of course, the advantage of that is that Mega Blocks are far less expensive that Legos, which puts them in a market for the less affluent. I'm not going to lie: my family was very poor during most of my childhood, and my parents could not afford to buy me many Lego sets aside from the smallest ones. However, a nice Mega Blocks spaceship full of colourful minifigs would be roughly the same price as a tiny little Lego space rover with one minifig - yes, they were of lesser quality, but the lower price point allowed a less-affluent child like myself to be able to have a great playing experience I would simply have been unable to have had I stuck with only Lego.

Anyway, I am not trying to launch into some kind of sob story or anything, and I am not even trying to 'defend' Mega Blocks, as it were. Merely, I simply do not understand why people who should nominally be responsible adults are acting in such a juvenile manner, spouting this intense, petty hatred against Mega Blocks. If you don't like them, would it really be that difficult to do it quietly like a mature person?