It is a portal to the legendary Cthuhlu. This looks very promising! Looks like it will be a great theme.

Are these sets available now?

Only in the USA, 2 months earlier than everywhere else, as usual :sceptic: (but not everywhere in the US yet)

you are looking at either

a) A shark statue

or

b) The shark warriors armed with tridents coming out of the depths.

No...it's the thing in the shadows behind all the shark warriors.

I'm thinking about heading over to my TRU to find some Atlantis sets. :sweet: I'm wondering if TRU has the impulse sets available. Correct me if wrong, all of these sets been found; 8056, 8058, and 8060.

I hope they don't adorn the two towers by slapping a couple of these sharks on them.

3440289156_f6e1a56e3a.jpg

I will likely buy it regardless, but I would prefer a BBB.

I hope they don't adorn the two towers by slapping a couple of these sharks on them.

3440289156_f6e1a56e3a.jpg

I will likely buy it regardless, but I would prefer a BBB.

I actually would prefer one of the old style shark figs. as well as some other underwater wildlife- like the manta ray, octopus and crabs

Turtle man and Crab man will be nice :thumbup:

That would be awesome! It would be cool if they made a shell "back pack" for the turtle man! and maybe claw minifig hands for the crab!

Only in the USA, 2 months earlier than everywhere else, as usual :sceptic: (but not everywhere in the US yet)

There are also some smaller sets now for sale by Vroom and Dreesman shops in the Netherlands. :wink:

Turtle man and Crab man will be nice :thumbup:

Yes!

That would be awesome! It would be cool if they made a shell "back pack" for the turtle man! and maybe claw minifig hands for the crab!

I'm all over that turtle backpack, but not sure they would make crab hands since minifigs already have crabhands :laugh:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Yes!

I'm all over that turtle backpack, but not sure they would make crab hands since minifigs already have crabhands :laugh:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Maybe they could make recolors of those half-arms from the Agents minifigs and have little crab-like claw attachments for them.

There are also some smaller sets now for sale by Vroom and Dreesman shops in the Netherlands. :wink:

In fact, ALL seven of the early 2010 Atlantis sets are now available at the Vroom & Dreesman shops (this is the same chain that had the Power Miners sets first, late 2008): I've seen 8056, 8057, 8058, 8059, 8060, 8061 and 8075 all in stock on shop floor.

I've only bought 8061 Gateway of the Squid so far (€39,99): haven't built it yet due to visiting Franz Ferdinand concert...

The Neptune Carrier (€59,99) looks nice too, probably worth getting.

Edited by Alldarker

They live in a suburb in my area and I've been talking to them in email and IM about where they found their new sets. I got them to scan the map so we can get a better look since the photos aren't too hot, and they were nice enough to IM me a few minutes ago with a message that they had done so. It's actually like 5 am here so I was surprised they were still up.

They've got some insane resolutions for the overall map and a closeup of the temple - 2900x2000.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44581321@N07/...57622846492590/

They asked me if it was a part of this pod ARG thing: http://www.bradfordrant.org/

I don't have the patience or time to play ARGs, even if they seem to be run by LEGO.

The BradfortRant thing / viral uses coördinates, that's true...

But these are strange... The longtitude and latitude coördinates point to a spot in the middel of mainland China (Wuhan province)!

If latitude is negative, then it would point to a location off the coast of Australia. If longtitude is negative, then the location would be several miles below Tucson, AZ...

And if both are negative, it would point to a spot in the middle of the South Pacific.

But in fact neither seem to be negative.

ETA (estimated time of arrival?) of 00.23.30 doesn't make much sense either...

Isn't that the spot where there are mysterious ancient ruins? Maybe the gate is to there, where the ancient atlantians fled?

Also, the ETA could be 23 minutes, 30 seconds till arival. Or when the gate may open?

But these are strange... The longtitude and latitude coördinates point to a spot in the middel of mainland China (Wuhan province)!

If latitude is negative, then it would point to a location off the coast of Australia. If longtitude is negative, then the location would be several miles below Tucson, AZ...

And if both are negative, it would point to a spot in the middle of the South Pacific.

You know on the front of the boxes there is some kind of ancient temple in the background, seeing as there is a light at the top and shark like things on the pillars that could be the shark temple?

You know on the front of the boxes there is some kind of ancient temple in the background, seeing as there is a light at the top and shark like things on the pillars that could be the shark temple?

Oh,yaeh,i think so too.But i rather see-turtle tower :classic:

I live in Tucson! Atlantis is just below me! I shall begin excavation immediately!

Just got 8060 at a Lego Store, they're stocking up on all the Lego Sets we've seen so far.

It's pretty neat, I like all the red, and the function uses a nice fusion of Technic and System. Definitely have some uses for those propellers. And the figs.

[-TA-]

Here is something to think about:

CopMike mentioned over in the embassy that there will be another non-City advent calendar in 2010 which will be available in the US, so I was thinking which theme it would be, and I think Atlantis makes the most sense. It's "the next big thing" for Lego in 2010, just like Pirates was last year, and Castle the year before. Plus there is enough diversity in the minifigs and sets for it to work, unlike Power Miners where all the figs basically look the same and where the sets are highly biased toward one of the factions. The only other possibility would be Space Police, but considering there are only two sets in the January wave of that theme, it looks like it wont be as big as Atlantis.

So what do you think a Atlantis advent calendar could include? :sweet:

CopMike mentioned over in the embassy that there will be another non-City advent calendar in 2010 which will be available in the US, so I was thinking which theme it would be, and I think Atlantis makes the most sense. It's "the next big thing" for Lego in 2010, just like Pirates was last year, and Castle the year before. Plus there is enough diversity in the minifigs and sets for it to work, unlike Power Miners where all the figs basically look the same and where the sets are highly biased toward one of the factions. The only other possibility would be Space Police, but considering there are only two sets in the January wave of that theme, it looks like it wont be as big as Atlantis.

Maybe some little scooters,christmas seaweed,cave,minifigs,altar,rocks,sea monsters and animals and maybe atlantis statues? :classic:

Hopefully that will be true (or we might finally get a Star Wars advent calendar :laugh:)!

I think that an Atlantis advent calendar will include non-holiday things like rocks, tridents, diver equipment, one of each of the non-human minifigs plus two or more divers, some small diving and mining vehicles, and some mini models like a mini squid or fish.

If this is true then my budget will be a bit better as I won't be buying any Atlantis sets except for the impulses!

Edited by ILikePi