Fair enough. :classic: Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you, even though I used the M-word. I was trying to be sarcastic in order to show how much you were exaggerating by saying "Lego products are crap". If you would have said that you only meant the designs, we would have never had this misunderstanding. :sadnew:

And trust me, I'm 21.

It's all good. :) It's not all the designs, just a lot of them recently, and more so in what we have seen 2010. I think the camper and tow truck are superb designs, just to name a few. Megabloks... sheesh... my cousin got a set years ago for Christmas, it was a T-Rex, the head wouldn't connect to the body, my family called and they said "It's not supposed to". :hmpf: A building block company where the blocks aren't build-able.

The red has started to brown on me, but I'm loving the minifigures, so they did something really well. :tongue:

So who thinks there should be a walrus figure? They are aquatic after all, and everyone loves anthropomorphised walruses!

Except that walruses don't live at the bottom of the ocean. :wacko: It's like saying that humans are aquatic creatures because we can swim and dive. :tongue:

But I do wonder if there are more "Davy Jones' crew" minifigs in this theme besides Mr. Shark, Mr. Manta Ray and King Octopus?

I'd like an eel man.

Seconded, his head could just be an extremely cumbersome and impractical eel :laugh:

Also, having seen better pics, the new diving gear is amazing! And the torso and leg prints are fantastic!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Loving what I've seen so far!

But I'm a bit worried about the octopuss guy - about how the minifig torso attaches to the tentacle bottom half...I hope the bottom half doesn't just have normal studs on it, like we get for, say, the dresses for female minifigs - I'd rather it have the "pegs" that go into the torso, like we get on the hips for normal minifig legs.

I think having that extra stability would make a good fig great.

I hate attaching torsos to standard studs. Its fine for display, but for play value it's just too flimsy.

And call me stupid if you must, but I really for the life of me can't work out the price range for these sets by looking at them - the smallest set, for example looks too big for an impulse, but too small for the average £4 set....

This is the first underwater theme I've liked for a LONG while - since Mission Deep Sea, actually.

Will/Rocketbilly

But I do wonder if there are more "Davy Jones' crew" minifigs in this theme besides Mr. Shark, Mr. Manta Ray and King Octopus?

In neptunes sub there is some sort of weird black creature! But I cannot see it very well. :sceptic:

The minifigs are nice, but it seems the sweeter ones (shark, manta) only come in the bigger sets. No good.

For my taste it looks like the vehicles are a bit too much action oritented, not minding the underwater element too much. Aqua Raiders also had a few weird things, but the submarine and the base were at least a bit realistic when it came to the underwater element. Atlantis could be in space as well it seems so far. It is very weird, but I guess it is supposed to be, ain't it? Looking forward for the final or official pics.

The bigger red sub looks like a version of the Slave 1 - a bit.

EDIT: Why is it's name Neptuns Sub? Aren't the humans in the red vehicles?

Edited by Zzz

Atlantis photos)

8060 - Turbojet :

New monster - Shark-man :

New colour-keys :

New diver :

New helmet :

8061 - Gigantic Shark :

New monster - Octopus :

8057 - Underwater Scooter :

8061 - Octopus Gate :

Door-Key Mechanism :

Trap feauture :

Edited by ForceMaster

Thanks for the new pics, ForceMaster!

The squid king is amazing - a great figure, and much more versatile than I thought it would be!

Svelte, I also like this monster and new head system "head + "helmet", which has appeared for the first time at Skull Twins in SPIII. :classic:

Wow, the scared face on that guy is brilliant! Looks like an AFOL that didn't have enough money for a set. :laugh:

I was a bit sceptic first, but now i gotta say, i really start to like this theme, the color scheme works very well for me, and the figs are just amazing! I think this will be one of the best things regarding lego in 2010. :thumbup:

The theme is looking good :thumbup: , but i hate to be the one that says it but it looks like the divers have sticker bodies instead of printed bodies (as seen here) :sad: .

cb

Don't worry, its just preliminary sets...look, there is a lot of new parts made from foam (heads), like the previous years... ;]

The theme is looking good :thumbup: , but i hate to be the one that says it but it looks like the divers have sticker bodies instead of printed bodies (as seen here) :sad:.

cb

As lordofdragons said they will get rid of the stickers. LEGO will never use stickers for torsos of minifigures that are in a mainstream theme, just in factory sets and themes.

this theme actually looks a lot more decent than pawer miners ever did.

the only set i dont like up to now is the ruins one. it just looks kinda empty and simple to me..

i really like the red subs!

Don't worry, its just preliminary sets...look, there is a lot of new parts made from foam (heads), like the previous years... ;]

Exactly, remember the SP3 prototypes? They had the exact same sticker pieces, the real thing will look smoother/better.

And that Squid-King. Wow, just wow, it is absolutely fantastic!

This is turning out to be my favorite Lego line next to SP3. I'll soooo be getting all of these to add to my collection.

That new head on the diver would be a perfect sig-fig head for me, just please make it in black!

Like others have said I'm really warming up to the figures in this theme, but the vehicles and the one set so far have been really underwhelming. I'll probably pass on most of the sets unless I see an impulse I like (and try to get the figs for a decent price on Bricklink).

Cthulhu has risen! The world will now be plunged into madness and chaos! Arrrgh!

x_799d2347.jpg

Seriously ForceMaster I cannot thank you enough for these great pics! The figs are great on both sides, I'll make great use of the diver gears. The monsters are even better, and words cannot describe my love for the Cthulhu helmet and mask and minifig face :wub:

The underwater scooter I'll echo as a great looking set, I love the fact that I get two more grapple hook pieces.

Atlantis is a surefire hit for me!

Batbrick Away! :devil: