Is the portal guard keychain just like the figure? And is the chain easily detachable? And also if you remove the chain can you take off his helmet? Thanks in advance. :classic:

That one with 898 pieces was good and

Gateway of the Squid.

Most of the first sets were small and bad.

I disagree- the smaller sets had some of the best new parts without being uber-expensive. Monster Crab Clash was a very cool set with a sturdy build.

Is the portal guard keychain just like the figure? And is the chain easily detachable? And also if you remove the chain can you take off his helmet? Thanks in advance. :classic:

No, the helmet has part of the fin missing where the chain comes out. You can detach the chain, but you wont be able to take off any of the parts unless you remove the screw as well. It's tough, but it's possible. The helmet is not glued, so if you do that, then yes, you can take it off, but it will look weird with the hole in the fin. I think the head and shoulder pads aren't glued either, but I'm not sure. I have gotten the keychain but haven't tried to remove it yet. I can share some pics when I get around to it if you like.

I can share some pics when I get around to it if you like.

That would be great! :sweet: Thanks in advance.

Seeing as the 2011 rumours have begun, I am unpinning this thread. Ok guys?

A little late to the party, but after some debating and watching some reviews on youtube, I decided to get some smaller Atlantis sets to test the waters(get it! bu-dum bum ching) and I love them! I got the wreck raider, crab attack, small bagged set from the Target haloween stuff, and the seabed scavenger. I absolutely love the scavenger! Time to move on to some of the mediumand bigger sets i guess!

Today I bought and (with my twin brother) built the Atlantis Exploration HQ. I've taken pictures to use in a proper review, but one highlight I'd like to share right off the bat: The trident in this set is a new mold for the summer sets. It is slightly different in shape than the one from the first wave of Atlantis (the chief difference is a circular indentation on either side of the place where the tines join with the handle), but more importantly it is a newer, much more resilient plastic than the previous, which was subject to chipping when put in a minifig's hand. Its texture is also more reflective, making it more impressive visually to boot.

Figured people would be happy to hear that. :grin:

Cool. I've always liked that set, I'd love to see another review.

I picked up the Undersea Explorer and HQ at traget in the last few wekks with the sale. Both are absolutely fantastic! Just gotta get the neptune carrier and I;ll be done til the new stuff!

I have picked up the Wreck Raider and Seabed Scavenger so far, love the look of them both. Now I need something for them to fight/run away from.

What do people think about the Atlantis guardians? I have my eye on Gateway of the Squid as it seems pretty cheap for the size of the box and amount of bricks. Also I do have a squidman figure from the activity books so I know how cool he is.

I have picked up the Wreck Raider and Seabed Scavenger so far, love the look of them both. Now I need something for them to fight/run away from.

What do people think about the Atlantis guardians? I have my eye on Gateway of the Squid as it seems pretty cheap for the size of the box and amount of bricks. Also I do have a squidman figure from the activity books so I know how cool he is.

My feelings on the Atlantis guardians is varied. The best one for its price is definitely Monster Crab Clash. The giant squid in Gateway of the Squid is OK, but not nearly as gorgeous as the one from the Aqua Raiders theme, but it's still OK. The shark guardian is better than I originally anticipated (I don't own it, but my younger brother does). Scorpion also looks cool, but I don't own it so can't say for sure.

The little manta ray from the Neptune Carrier set is also pretty cool, but honestly if you buy the Neptune Carrier you'll be buying it for the submarine.

I personally dont care much for the guardian sets, but the shadow snapper is sweet as hell. the serpend that comes with the undersea explorer is wicked too.

Yeah the Neptune Carrier is a possible Xmas present at the moment. That or the Exploration HQ.

I was looking at the bigger end of the guardians, I think the crab is a bit small but might pick it up later. I think it's between the squid and the scorpion and they are both the same price at the moment, meaning the Gateway set is much better value.

Yeah the Neptune Carrier is a possible Xmas present at the moment. That or the Exploration HQ.

I was looking at the bigger end of the guardians, I think the crab is a bit small but might pick it up later. I think it's between the squid and the scorpion and they are both the same price at the moment, meaning the Gateway set is much better value.

Like I said...Shadow Snapper. Buy it now!

I own the Deep Sea Striker (the 'scorpion'), and tt's quite cool. I like it a bit more than the squid. The leg thing is annoying, but you can change them out into a good configuration. :thumbup:

I got Gateway of the Squid, and built it last night/this morning. I thought it was a very interesting build, but no idea why they used elastic bands for the gate opening as it's a bit rubbish and doesn't work too well. The temple bit looks pretty cool though and it was interesting to make some "scenery" after focusing on vehicles since getting back into Lego.

The squid is suitably large and evil-looking, and I love the white octopus thing too. They will do well against my deep sea team!

The Shadow Snapper looks like a good versus set but it's very expensive in TRU UK. I did get to see the Guardian of the Deep assembled in a see-through box and thought it did look good so that's probably my next guardian.

I have really really disliked the Atlantis team. My 4.5 year old son have asked me to buy sets for him a few times.

Anyway in a local store had a 50% of on 3 sets 8057, 8059 and 8058. So he did pick the 8059 and 8058. And WOW he have played with them alot this week. More then any other themes he got.

I got to say, it doesnt break easy when he playes with it (city themes breaks all the time...) and he really enjoys it.

great theme for kids! (And now for me also i guess since i can buy more and blame him...)