Prices for the upcoming sets from an Italian online store:

8077 Quartier generale mobile (Mobile HQ) = 49.99

8076 Il re scorpione (The scorpion king ?!?!?!?!?) = 19.99

8078 Il portale di Atlantis (Atlantis' gate) = 89.99

Hahah This bios are a lot more funny than PM bios!

So "Mr C'thulu" is not the king! There are a lot of them like shark warriors and manta warriors!

The yellow fishie made me lol so hard! :laugh:

Hahah This bios are a lot more funny than PM bios!

So "Mr C'thulu" is not the king! There are a lot of them like shark warriors and manta warriors!

The yellow fishie made me lol so hard! :laugh:

Why you are thought,that he was king?He has a crown or something else?

I like the clown fish,thought :laugh:

In the Atlantis map-there are Shark Temple(shark warriors),Squid Gate(squid warriors),seaweed fields(manta warriors) and a volcano(scorpion-lobster,maybe?).Maybe lego will do a lot of rocks with seaweed and a small volcano as limited sets?

I just realized that you could buy the Atlantis Wreck Raider and the Manta warrior impulse and get the same exact (probably even better, not crappy quality) figures AND the bricks or you could buy that magnet set and pay more for bad quality...

I wonder when TLG will finally upload the instructions for all the new sets. They used to be online already weeks before the sets came out, unfortunately it seems now to be the other way round :sceptic:

I got my lego catalog today and started cracking up when I read the description! It actually calls it a leviathan! :laugh:

Covered in armored spikes and bristling with razor-sharp claws and teeth, the ferocious, amphibious Shadow Snapper is a deep-sea diver’s worst nightmare! A super-fast combat sub with dual flick-launching torpedoes is the Deep Salvage Crew diver’s only chance to get past this lurking leviathan and retrieve the yellow Atlantis treasure key…but will even this high-speed sub be quick enough for him to escape with the prize? Includes deep-sea diver minifigure.

I just realized that you could buy the Atlantis Wreck Raider and the Manta warrior impulse and get the same exact (probably even better, not crappy quality) figures AND the bricks or you could buy that magnet set and pay more for bad quality...

Are the magnets ever crappy quality? I've never heard that before. I have an Exo-Force magnet set that looks about the same as this ATLANTIS one, and the minifigs in it aren't crappy quality-- they're indistinguishable from the regular minifigures you find in sets, other than the obvious tiny magnets pressed into the legs. I wouldn't understand why that would have changed, since unlike the pens and such, the magnets are manufactured in-house by LEGO.

Are the magnets ever crappy quality? I've never heard that before. I have an Exo-Force magnet set that looks about the same as this ATLANTIS one, and the minifigs in it aren't crappy quality-- they're indistinguishable from the regular minifigures you find in sets, other than the obvious tiny magnets pressed into the legs. I wouldn't understand why that would have changed, since unlike the pens and such, the magnets are manufactured in-house by LEGO.

If you look around you will see many topics on this issue. Check out Pirates for example for a few threads. There are also reported issues with the SW magnet sets and Castle battlepacks. I have personally seen these for myself and for that reason have stopped buying magnet sets/ preassembled figs of any kind.

Between the production of Exo-Force and the launch of the new magnet backs at the start of 2009 (The SW ones were the first to show these issues) LEGO's production based moved.

Just because something looks a certain way on S@H doesn't mean it looks the same in person.

The microsite has been updated! Check out the character bios; they're quite funny.

Thanks for the news Oky! I probably wouldn't have bothered to look too closely otherwise :laugh:

If you look around you will see many topics on this issue. Check out Pirates for example for a few threads. There are also reported issues with the SW magnet sets and Castle battlepacks. I have personally seen these for myself and for that reason have stopped buying magnet sets/ preassembled figs of any kind.

Between the production of Exo-Force and the launch of the new magnet backs at the start of 2009 (The SW ones were the first to show these issues) LEGO's production based moved.

Just because something looks a certain way on S@H doesn't mean it looks the same in person.

Thanks for the news Oky! I probably wouldn't have bothered to look too closely otherwise :laugh:

I can't find any Pirates threads on the topic, but then I just joined and not much of my previous "lurking" was in the Pirates forum. It's a real pity that the magnet sets don't have the same quality as regular figs anymore, but then I was never one who used them for army building, so it shouldn't affect me too much.

He'll never be in a battle pack, I believe he is a one off character. I hope we get Turtle Monsters. :devil:

Actually he's going to be in the new shark temple set coming up.

Actually he's going to be in the new shark temple set coming up.

Actually, I don't think it's exactly a shark temple. It might have a giant shark head on the front, but I don't think we can say it's a temple yet until the sets themselves come out and the story is updated.

That got me thinking. If it's a portal, then it's supposed to lead somewhere, in this case presumably Atlantis. Maybe we'll see a large set as a follow-up.

Actually, I don't think it's exactly a shark temple. It might have a giant shark head on the front, but I don't think we can say it's a temple yet until the sets themselves come out and the story is updated.

That got me thinking. If it's a portal, then it's supposed to lead somewhere, in this case presumably Atlantis. Maybe we'll see a large set as a follow-up.

Some of the promotional stuff on the Atlantis website (like the bios) has called it "Shark Castle". And I think some of the leaked stuff called it an "Atlantis Portal", although I might not be remembering. It probably leads to Atlantis itself, although that makes you wonder what Atlantis will be like, and whether the line will continue into 2011 for an adventure within Atlantis itself. What would Atlantis be like, if this place isn't the city itself? Makes you wonder.

Some of the promotional stuff on the Atlantis website (like the bios) has called it "Shark Castle". And I think some of the leaked stuff called it an "Atlantis Portal", although I might not be remembering. It probably leads to Atlantis itself, although that makes you wonder what Atlantis will be like, and whether the line will continue into 2011 for an adventure within Atlantis itself. What would Atlantis be like, if this place isn't the city itself? Makes you wonder.

The set itself is called "Portal of Atlantis". Since the set hasn't been referenced in the story yet, it might not be the castle, but seeing how there's a giant shark head on the front, maybe it's part of it.

My guesses are that story-wise, it's activated by the five treasure keys (you can see them on the large ring-like object, which is probably the outside of the portal), and the portal takes them to a new environment, maybe Atlantis, or something else.

Three Atlantis promo sets instructions are available in lego.com

30040 Octopus with treasure ring

30040.jpg

Instruction:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4589284.pdf

30041 Piranha

30041.jpg

Instruction:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4589285.pdf

30042 Mini Sub

30042.jpg

Instruction:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4589286.pdf

Also with other Atlantis sets instruction including 8056-8061, 8072, 8073, 8075, 8079 and 20013.

The little sub presented will be included in Polish mCartoon Network Magazine! yay!

Hey... Why rings looks so small in this promos??

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Thanks for the pics!

I like all of these promos better than most of the official sets :grin:, even the Impulse ones :thumbup:

Has anyone noticed the Portal of Atlantis in the background of the piranha and octopus sets? You can make out the black ring on the top, and you can see the two mounted sharks on pillars (I think they are pillars, anyway) as in the set.

Has anyone noticed the Portal of Atlantis in the background of the piranha and octopus sets? You can make out the black ring on the top, and you can see the two mounted sharks on pillars (I think they are pillars, anyway) as in the set.

Are these promo sets expected to be part of holiday releases at Target like the Star Wars and Power Miners 2009 sets?

Ooh, these look great! Thanks for the find whung!

It looks like the prices of the trans-red and trans-dark blue rings are going to go down a bit on BrickLink. :laugh:

Are these promo sets expected to be part of holiday releases at Target like the Star Wars and Power Miners 2009 sets?
Unfortunately it doesn't look like so - usually on the instructions it says "sign up for the LEGO Club using source code EAS10" or something like that. But it does look like the Star Wars minis are the US Easter Target sets!

I sure hope so I want to get my hands on the mini sub and piranha! :grin: