This theme is really weak

previous aquatic lined have always had some appeal but Atlantis looks very uninspired, is this really all they could come up with?

Why is it uninspired? I think the delightful sleekness and bubbliness of the vehicles is brilliant. Many of the sea creatures, like the manta and the Shadow Snapper, also are very clever. If you're going to bash a theme, at least tell what it is you dislike about it.

This theme is really weak

previous aquatic lined have always had some appeal but Atlantis looks very uninspired, is this really all they could come up with?

Then don't buy it. I don't get that. I don't like Star Wars (for the most part) or Bionicle, but I leave those areas alone. You save on money. I think the last Aqua Raider sets were better, but Atlantis is still better than Hydronauts or whatever from the late 90s.

I just bought the gateway of the squid and neptune carrier, and I already have the monster crab clash, guardian of the deep and typhoon turbo sub so I now have all 5 of the atlantis rings!

There might be a new treasure key in the Deep Sea Striker. It's green, but with a different print on it. It could simply be the current green key (with a manta ray on it), but the shape of the main body on the print doesn't really fit, unless my eyes are playing up. Instead of the print being wider at the bottom, it seems like it's wider at the top. I'm not completely sure if it is a new key, though. If it is, it's probably going to be changed to a different colour or something.

There might be a new treasure key in the Deep Sea Striker. It's green, but with a different print on it. It could simply be the current green key (with a manta ray on it), but the shape of the main body on the print doesn't really fit, unless my eyes are playing up. Instead of the print being wider at the bottom, it seems like it's wider at the top. I'm not completely sure if it is a new key, though. If it is, it's probably going to be changed to a different colour or something.

I doubt there'd be a new one-- the Atlantis portal only has spaces for five keys. It's possible that the summer prelim image predates even the finalized winter sets, and it's just a prototype version of one of the existing keys.

I doubt there'd be a new one-- the Atlantis portal only has spaces for five keys. It's possible that the summer prelim image predates even the finalized winter sets, and it's just a prototype version of one of the existing keys.

That's most likely true. If it is a new key, then the set might be limited edition or something.

Um.... I made this forum to chat about Lego Atlantis and I don't know where to put it so I thought I should post a link here here

i was watching T.V. this morning and saw commercials for Lego Atlantis and toy story sets :sweet:

Good for you! :thumbup:

Edited by The crazy one

i was watching T.V. this morning and saw commercials for Lego Atlantis and toy story sets :sweet:

What were the adverts like?

Atlantis website is finally updated. Some nice stuff there; go check it out!

I ordered 5 manta warriors. What are the chances of them making a minifig pack of the Atlantis aquatic minifigs? I want one of the octopus man but its currently too expensive.

I ordered 5 manta warriors. What are the chances of them making a minifig pack of the Atlantis aquatic minifigs? I want one of the octopus man but its currently too expensive.

He'll never be in a battle pack, I believe he is a one off character. I hope we get Turtle Monsters. :devil:

I hope we get Turtle Monsters. :devil:

Maybe somewhere in 2011 we will get crab and turtle warriors as minifigures;giant manta ray as defender;cave,tower and seaweed fields as "playsets" :classic:

Or maybe divers will get into the portal and get to the deeeeeeepest place of the sea;get new costumes(i don't know how,but they will get them),because of the high pressure;get new vehicles and "fight" with strange deep sea creatures? :sceptic:Maybe.

Edited by MantaMan

He'll never be in a battle pack, I believe he is a one off character.

I agree, though I figure it's because he's a "larger" minifigure that they put into larger sets as a selling point. Having him in a battle pack would kill some of the incentive.

Not necessarily, they do sometimes make "major" minifigs like this easier to get in a later set. Dr. Inferno, for example, was at first only available in the huge Agents truck set, and was then rereleased in the rather more affordable robot attack set.

Not necessarily, they do sometimes make "major" minifigs like this easier to get in a later set. Dr. Inferno, for example, was at first only available in the huge Agents truck set, and was then rereleased in the rather more affordable robot attack set.

I didn't mean in terms of story, I meant in terms of size and awesomeness.

On brickset I saw that there is a magnet set listed, including manta, shark and a diver (If I remember correctly).

Atlantis Magnet set

Edited by Front

I like the Shadow Snapper. I usually don't like the large monsters, but I love the turtle thing. :wub: Sort of like a cross between a snapping turtle and a porcupine, though.

Are you guys sure that that's a scorpion? I tought it's a lobster. Anyhoo, do you think the divers have different diving gear? The fig in the Striker set looks very dark. Or is this a new sea creature?

Seeing as scorpions don't live underwater... I would say you are right. :tongue:

Although, looking at it... it does look like a scorpion.

I like the Shadow Snapper. I usually don't like the large monsters, but I love the turtle thing. :wub: Sort of like a cross between a snapping turtle and a porcupine, though.

Agreed. It's most certainly the Atlantis set I will be getting.