That image is awesome and definitely hyping me for a fullblown Atlantis set. If there is one, it had better be tan too, or someone is going down! :skull:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well if you already know what all is there for that amount of time its not BRAND new now is it? :tongue:

Edited by RocketClone

Squid King looks ordinary red there - he/she/it seemed dark red from the pics.

Boo!

They look a bit to colorful when you see them like this :sceptic: , I also thought it would be dark red.

the Inventor

Maybe the contrast is all whacked, it's so hard to tell. Here's the pic I was thinking of:

3979235411_a20823f0c4.jpg

Here's one focusing just on the Squid. On the pic's Flickr page it says FINAL design..

4173068491_27a32a1f6b.jpg

Also, I can't help but ask, (This is directed to Front) why does he have grey hands? It looks like he's wearing gloves..

Here's one focusing just on the Squid. On the pic's Flickr page it says FINAL design..

4173068491_27a32a1f6b.jpg

Also, I can't help but ask, (This is directed to Front) why does he have grey hands? It looks like he's wearing gloves..

As the owner of 8061 'Gateway of the Squid' since a couple of weeks (!) I can absolutely guarantee that the Squid King is dark red and not regular red. Svelte's picture is the accurate one.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the color of the hands are (I'm at work right now), but they are probably dark gray as depicted in Svelte's picture. I believe Lego has cut down the amount of colors minifig hands are available in: dark red is probably not one of the available colors.

I believe Lego has cut down the amount of colors minifig hands are available in: dark red is probably not one of the available colors.

Interesting; I didn't know that, but it makes sense. Thanks for the info, Alldarker!

I don't think we've seen this pic before, so....

OMG!

4173066905_3316b7735a.jpg

Oh, man I'm dumping Power Miners, now I'm thinking of getting Atlantis to replace them and only because of these minifigs, they look AWESOME !!!! :grin:

Rock on 2010 I say !!!!! :grin:

As the owner of 8061 'Gateway of the Squid' since a couple of weeks (!) I can absolutely guarantee that the Squid King is dark red and not regular red. Svelte's picture is the accurate one.

Oh, thank you so much, I was getting worried. Not that red isn't good, but dark red just adds a shade (get it?) of menace and ickyness to it.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Oh, thank you so much, I was getting worried. Not that red isn't good, but dark red just adds a shade (get it?) of menace and ickyness to it.

Totally agreed this fig looks great in dred. :sweet:

Are his … uh… "legs" rubber or solid? They look bent in those pics, and I'd like to know if that's because it's flexible or because it's molded that way.

Are his … uh… "legs" rubber or solid? They look bent in those pics, and I'd like to know if that's because it's flexible or because it's molded that way.

The squid warrior's octopus "arms" for legs are molded with an upturn to them. They are also made with the same slightly flexible rubber type as the heads or the original octopus.

Wow! fantastic figs. Can't wait to get my hands on some Atlantis sets!

One question regarding the Squid guy, though...how do his "legs" attach to his body? Do they attach via normal studs (like on bricks) or do the attach via the "Pegs" we get on normal Minifig legs?

Will/Rocketbilly

One question regarding the Squid guy, though...how do his "legs" attach to his body? Do they attach via normal studs (like on bricks) or do the attach via the "Pegs" we get on normal Minifig legs?

Will/Rocketbilly

Normal minifig leg pegs. The pegs themselves are made of the normal plastic and are attached to the rubbery legs with what appears to be a couple of locking wedges.

Is it possible to get those pegs out of the rubbery socket somehow? Might be useful for some unconventional minifig customization...

:thumbdown: the squidman in red makes me shudder but the squidman in "dred" (as computerbug says) looks awesome I can not wait untill i get all the sets :devil: . but unfortanatly my lego buget is always low :cry_sad::blush:

Well i was talking about the sets, over here we've had the Atlantis sets for over a month now.

Really? Hello, nothing at all from 2010 here in Europe, so yes, it IS a brand new theme! :sweet:

I'm glad that the squid king (that's what I choose to call him) is in dark red, because it looks so much more likely in real life than that bright red. I do love the detailing on all the Atlantean minifigs though from that (not final!) pic. I can't wait until the sets come out although I'm still not too keen on the three wheeler.