Thanks very much for the links! I really like the look of the large set that isn't a vehicles, from what I can see it has some great grave-yard like pieces in cool colors. The tiny diver set is also a great impulse and cheap way to get the awesome helmet. As for the vehicles and Atlantis creature/minifigures, I'll have to wait for better pictures to tell. Right now the vehicles just look a bit too large and red to me, and the Atlantis minifigures look way weird. That shark piece might make a great new Viktor Krum, though.

To see some pictures of Atlantis serie, start seeing with

this first picture

on my Brickshelf, and continue to next...

EDIT : Legomilk was bit faster, so just info, that you can see some more new 2010 sets in same folder.. :classic:

Edited by Kanal-K1

A big thank you to Kanal-K1, you have totally lifted my mood tonite (after the bad news about Pirates). I'm not overly keen on the big red vehicle sets, although I do like the Small Red Impulse Set...

But I am really into the smaller black sets, one looks like an excellent submarine and the other like some sort of squid creature. Also the big set with what i presume are the Atlantis ruins looks intresting...

But the MiniFigs?

Wow!

I absolutley love the Shark-Man Minifig (pic5), I also really like, who I presume is the Atlantean Figure (pic4). The human diver in the Impulse Set is great, a very clear picture.

For me the Shark-Man is just so...

Shark Like

I am giving this theme a big thumbs up. Great.

How long untill February?

Edited by mikey

Wow... the theme is trash. :laugh:

Not a single mermaid! Glad they have sharkman, but not a single mermaid!

However there is at least some good in them, the small sets look nice, and the minifigures look nice, so that's something. I think the little kids might like them, I have no clue.

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

Wow... the theme is trash. :laugh:

Not a single mermaid! Glad they have sharkman, but not a single mermaid!

However there is at least some good in them, the small sets look nice, and the minifigures look nice, so that's something. I think the little kids might like them, I have no clue.

I agree on every single word you said. Small sets look like AquaRaiders leftovers, large sets look like minifig versions of Bionicle vehicles.

Figs look good, though.

SHARK-MEN

SHARK-MEN!!!!!!

SHARK MEN

Ok, so I am getting this theme too (please forgive me bank balance, but I should be getting a raise soon anyway... ) next year gets better and better!

Ooh, the Atlanteans are quite cute, I must say. Mr. Shark and Mr. Ray... :laugh: I think I see a few more special figs in the set pics as well. Too bad the Atlanteans turned out to be the bad guys after all, but I'll be most likely getting the "underwater palace" set, though.

Heh, so now we can say with certainty that this theme is Aquaraiders meets Power Miners meets Space Police. :grin:

The minifigs are great and it's always good to have more colored transparent cockpits available, but the actual sets look lousy. That's pretty much what I was expecting though.

Edited by CP5670

Ouch! Another serious strike at my already hurt LEGO heart :cry_sad:

What's up with TLG? No Pirates, no IJ (probably) and instead we getting this crap?! I guess the good years is over...

I really don't like these sets. Big, red technique vehicles with huge engines and a colour scheme that is just boring. And I don't even like the minifigs that many others seems to do, they just looks weird to me. Of course it might be some nice elements that can be useful but that certainly isn't enough for me to buy any of these sets. I'll pass on this theme, just as I did with Power Miners. :wink:

Most of the rest of the sets look better than that initial model we saw, but until we get detailed pics, piece counts + prices, I don't want to make any final judgments.

The squid gate has exceeded my expectations! I counted with three squids! And probably at least 3 minifigs! :sweet: Definitely good as parts packs too I am loving all of the sets except the turbojet is lacking a little. :sceptic: You guys complain to much first it's to much like PM and now it's to much like AR! Will you guys ever be happy? :laugh:

Wow, this is interesting. I was expexting a bunch of tan and light blue building with heiroglyphs on every wall, but I guess this will do.

If nothing else, the figs will definitely be a useful addition to MOCs.

We should propably be seeing Prince of Persia prelims soon then...

Thanks for uploading those pictures, Kanal-K1!

The minifigures look nice and detailed, but the trident looks like a piece that Mega Bloks would make. :sick:

The sets look a bit like the Aqua Raiders sets - one huge thing with some minifigures attacking it. I don't know what to think right now, so I'll wait for more pictures.

I don't understand why LEGO would decide to discontinue the Pirates theme, and start making this new, weird one, though...

I'm actually liking what I'm seeing. :classic: The two large subs look rather cool and remind of themes like Hydronauts. It's a shame that the ruins set isn't the largest of the line, but it looks nice nevertheless. The shark looks just like a black version of the Aquaraiders one, so that one isn't anything special. The impulse sets are quite neat though, and I'll be sure to get the Turbojet for the fig. I'm also happy to see that the fish heads aren't head molds, but head gear. The heads underneath look pretty cool and useful. :thumbup: However, due to all the irresistible licensed sets next year, I'll probably miss out on most of this theme. :sadnew:

I must agree, though, that it is rather strange that TLC cancels the well-selling Pirate line for a theme that has resemblance to a theme that didn't sell so well not all that long ago. :sceptic:

Yeesh, I'm not sure what everyone's problem with this is. I see a great color scheme, some awesome figs (and a new face! :oh: Haven't seen one of those in a while).

This looks like a great theme. Can't wait to get better pics. :tongue:

a new face! :oh: Haven't seen one of those in a while

Er... Have you heard of a little theme called Power Miners? :tongue: There's not one old face in that theme, and that means something, because all heads are double sided. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Er... Have you heard of a little theme called Power Miners? :tongue: There's not one old face in that theme, and that means something, because all heads are double sided. :wink:

True, true. I should've been more specific- the PM faces all have dirt decals and such to make them look grimy. I've been looking forward to faces that have been usable as everyday faces (I'm not a fan of fleshie, either) so there aren't many to choose from. There were some good ones in Pirates (rest in peace), but surprisingly nothing in Space Police. I'm just glad to get as many usable heads as I can.

I could be wrong about the Atlantis face, however.

Ok, so now the Shark-Men FTW has worn off (they rock, now I don't need to get a Victor Crumb from bricklink!) the sets all look pretty cool. The ruins are a little small but thats ok and means they won't cost too much. The diving gear is exciting and the humaniod sea creatures a nice addition to the variety of figures Lego have produced. The tridents look cool (are you aware that so called "clone-brands" produce more detailed minifig accessories than Lego? ) and a useful part for a Neptune minifigure to boot. I like the variety in set sizes, which means that there will be a good selection of prices and a higher chance of them turning up on the highstreet and in supermarkets. The new uniforms and creature parts are always welcome.

My theory of the three year rule seems to be correct too. It's nice too see that there will be a creative Lego own theme next year (apart from the usual city sets) what with all the lisenced themes next year.

well i dont hate it as much as power miners..

the design seems a lot better and so do the minifigs.

although it seems to use a lot of huge (<insert that tiresome argument>) pieces on those subs..

i have mixed fillings about this,

lego seems to be doing the same idea over and over again..nothing new on the perspective

power miners have the same idea

and so did exo force

and so did mars mission

and the same idea in space police.

monsters/aliens/robots vs human

big machines huge pieces

i hope the castle line is good this year cause i can find nothing i really love up to now..

It's a shame that the ruins set isn't the largest of the line, but it looks nice nevertheless.
The ruins are a little small but thats ok and means they won't cost too much.

Look at this picture, here it looks like the ruins are the biggest set.