Definately a unique vehicle with 3 wheels and arms with saws attached to the wheels (yes they are "only here for treasure" :tongue: )The atlantians (at least thats what i assume they are) look very cool, but if this is another theme where the lego adventuring guys are looking for crystals i will kill myself! In every theme now it is legomen stealing cyrstals like mars mission,power miners, rock raiders,pirates (although pirates is true to real life) etc. But i think we shouldn't say the theme is terrible based on one vehicle.

I think just about any theme that contains crystals basically had guys looking for them. :tongue: They at least had a decent explanation in the original 1995 Aquazone line, where the sides fought over the hydrolator crystals because they were the only source of oxygen and were needed for survival.

Ahem:

"Wah Wah Wah. Lego hasn't made a theme precisely like the Lego I had as a child, before my decades spanning gap in playing and buying (only better and much more like I remember it). It is an outrage that Lego is trying 'new' things that appeal to children of all people because ~(insert anecdotal evidence of one child not liking something about Lego that Lego markets towards them)~. I am thus dismissing an entire product line based on a blurry, thumbnail sized preliminary picture that was quite likely stolen from confidential sources and leaked onto the internet."

/End Sarcasm

Quoted for Awesome.

Also I look forward to any new weapons and minifig pieces that I can use.

-omi

You mean recently fired after he leaked this stuff (I kid, I kid....I hope). :tongue:

In his defense, he didn't leak anything - he just commented on a leaked picture, saying that the sets are awesome, and that he's going to buy every one of them. :)

:alien:He he, wheels under water :laugh:

Can any one at tlg spell (school boy error)?!.

For years afol and kids alike have made under water moc's to follow the basic laws of physics.

Wheels don’t work! propellers and fins do!.

I hope this set doesn’t accurately depict the standard of the Atlantis vehicle line.

If it does I hope any buildings will look as good on the bottom of my fish tank as my other mco's lol :cry_happy:

:alien: He he, wheels under water :laugh:

Can any one at tlg spell (school boy error)?!.

There were vehicles with wheels in the original Aquazone theme as well, but nobody complained about them. Why now?

This set is called the Sand Cutter, so it was obviously designed to get around at the bottom of the sea. Not sure why you would build such a vehicle, but that's just how it is.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the other sets wont have wheels.

The arms on the Aquazone sets were futurish realistic, they were futuristic and fun and never seen before. 14 years later there are 1,000 new pieces and yet all the sets still look the same.

Also if the guy/gal who works at LEGO went "Yeah I know every, the sets are all garbage, but please buy them anyways! i won't be through!", how long do you think he will work at LEGO? lol

The theme might still be nice, I'm saying this one set is bad.

I´m looking forward to see this new theme, I think it will have interesting pieces and new cool minifigs :sweet:!

I know children today suck, but new theme should mean do new things not just new/different colors.
Also why would LEGO be showing people new sets that don't come out for a few more months? LEGO is insanely paraniod about things like that.
Man, you really need to re-think some of your posting style :hmpf_bad:! Today´s children suck? Why should´t LEGO (and what is LEGO/TLG if not people - it´s not a artificial intelligence) show people new sets before they´re released? I´ve seen stuff way before it´s released and so have lots of other people. The same happens in any company.
Ahem:

"Wah Wah Wah. Lego hasn't made a theme precisely like the Lego I had as a child, before my decades spanning gap in playing and buying (only better and much more like I remember it). It is an outrage that Lego is trying 'new' things that appeal to children of all people because ~(insert anecdotal evidence of one child not liking something about Lego that Lego markets towards them)~. I am thus dismissing an entire product line based on a blurry, thumbnail sized preliminary picture that was quite likely stolen from confidential sources and leaked onto the internet."

/End Sarcasm

:wub::wub::wub: - I love you Peppermint! On-the-spot comment :thumbup:!

I´m really fed up with all those comments on how bad everything new are :hmpf: ! Just look at the amount of new sets being released each year, take 2008 for example. Compare those with for example 1977. Of course some sets/a lot of sets could be even better designed but there´s always the price/selling point to watch for a company such TLG. But we´re Afol´s and often have the parts/$$$ to make them the way we want.

Everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion on the sets, what I really mean is that everytime we get news of new stuff people ALWAYS start complaining about how crappy the sets are! If you really mislike Lego so much - choose another interest/hobby! TLG is a company - they are doing this to make $$$ - but at the same time TLG is one of the best companys (IMO) in the world to have a dialog with it´s end users.

End of blowing of steam - back to staying on target!

Just think back to the first comments on the Power Miners line last year (which also started with commenting on blurry preliminary pictures). There was a lot of criticism from AFOLs back then, but now a big group likes Power Miners and its lime color scheme which was despised by many back then. As I said before: let's just wait for the final pictures.

Well hey, the opinion of Agents was far from high and it was the best theme of last year and has a pretty decent second wave. (In my opinion anyway. I do have a box from S@H of Agents2.0 sets at my feet)

And thank you CopMike, I do get so vexed when people forget that those pictures are far from quality.

Can I join this CopMike/Peppermint team?

It seems that more often than not, members on here totally trash new themes or sets. Sure, I myself say when I don't like something, but not if I don't have support for my argument. Just the other day, I made a detailed post in the Ben 10 thread saying how I don't think the Ben 10 liscense is the best idea in the world. :sceptic: But those were reasons that were unrelated to Lego's side of the deal.

This is a completely new original theme from Lego. Atlantis is quite clearly a fantasy theme, and I think its totally rediculous how people are here saying that it isn't realistic. :tongue: I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but I never thought that Lego's main priority was realism, I don't see square, block legged people walking down my street...

Sure, nothings perfect, but there's no reason for anyone not to embrace new Lego concepts, unless they have legitimate reason not to. I swear some Lego fans aren't going to be happy, unless they walk into the store and see classic town, space or castle sets on the shelf. Times change, and so do the interests of children, whom many of AFOL's forget are Lego's #1 priority. TLC has test groups of kids to determine which themes and products will sell best. While AFOL's account for a percentage of Lego sales, their main target is the kids. We get our fair share of adult targeted sets, so I wouldn't complain about everything not striking your fancy.

And for those of you saying that its a Power Miners clone, maybe it is. I personally like the PM sets, and some of you clearly don't. Perhaps this was Lego's attempt at releasing those styled sets to appeal to everyone.

And we have only seen one tiny, blurry picture and some of you are completely dismissing this new theme. Just wait, we will have pictures of the entire theme soon enough... :classic:

-darthperson

I'm looking forward to seeing more. I think Power Miners is a great theme even if I am not interested in buying them myself. As a kid I would have loved them (and indeed they have appeal to me now too - just not as much as other "more important" themes). I'm guessing so far from the one tiny picture we've seen that this new theme may have similar appeal but it will be interesting to see what special items it brings.

I think this theme receives significantly less flak than Power Miners in the same phase of its life. Though, admittedly PM had really crappy leaked photos. What I like in those recent themes is the multi level marketing and appeal - for example two small things were the factors that made me buy PM sets - the movies with the designers on their website which presented them in a fun and innovative way and the combo models. One such similar thing which seems to be an additional attraction for me in the Atlantis line are those 3D glasses which will be in some of the sets. I guess they will be of the red/blue glasses type (I believe the other technologies are much more expensive).

Ahem:

/End Sarcasm

I also wish a lot of these AFOLs just remove their nostalgia goggles. A lot of these guys seem to REALLY hate change or something new.

I also wish a lot of these AFOLs just remove their nostalgia goggles. A lot of these guys seem to REALLY hate change or something new.

Once again a lot of us aren't making fun of the theme but the one set.

And I for one would love something new, as is this is a Power Miner set in red! How is that new?! :hmpf:

One such similar thing which seems to be an additional attraction for me in the Atlantis line are those 3D glasses which will be in some of the sets. I guess they will be of the red/blue glasses type (I believe the other technologies are much more expensive).

3D glasses? Maybe TLG are remembering the startegy for Alpha Team's Arctic theme (red lenses for revealing secret patterns)

Once again a lot of us aren't making fun of the theme but the one set.

I was just complaining about this one set. I'll wait for finalized pics before I rant 100%( :tongue: ), I'm sure TLG wouldn't be dumb enough to give all the vehicles wheels.

And I for one would love something new, as is this is a Power Miner set in red! How is that new?!

That's exactly what I thought, LOL! Power Miners minus lime green isn't really new, is it?

But I would agree with Peppermint/Copmike/Darthperson that people always hate prelim pics. :laugh:

This prelim isn't great, but looking back on this lastest wave of set's prelims look alot like the offical set not including figs. When you look at January's Indy sets they have changed alot. I don't get TOD's short Round, they already gave up one! :pir-laugh: Lego is unpredictable. The one thing I hate is how much people rant about the figs. I find them quite entertaining. :laugh:

Edited by JCC1004

this reminds me of when we first saw pics of the power miners and hated them..

then most of you loved it (i didnt)

every year lego makes a theme like this..and i never buy a single set..

but thats ok.. its time to save some money anyway.

You know, in ten years time the AFOLs that are kids now will remember these themes fondly and MOC them "neo" style...

Power Miners, Jack Stone and 4 Juniors will be nostalgic 'greats' , just like with Fabuland, classic space and other "classic" themes now.

I sit and fondly remember Rock Raiders and Res-Q because they were must have themes in my mind. I wasn't born when Fabuland, Space and Pirates were in shops. Kids don't know that these themes used to exist unless they have an older sibling that kept their Lego and even if they do encounter the unique figures or elements of old themes, they have no idea what they are (I have some Fabuland parts I never had a clue about until I joined Eurobricks).

So there we go.

-On Topic-

I think the minifig looks really good. I hope we get some proper promotional pictures or toy fair pictures soon.

I like the concept for the theme, but I'm not much into the red color scheme. It's just too early for me to be kissing away the oodles of lime parts of Power Miners.

Hmm, I have to admit that based on the image we currently have this set looks pretty lackluster. I'll have to wait for some clearer images before I pass judgement though.

Maybe this theme will feature two factions of humans? One group who are allied with the Atlantians and another evil group who are out to steal all the crystals or something.