Not much to say about this, but pointing out that it doesn't look shopped. At all. I'd suggest glasses.

What it does look like though, is ugly. :tongue: It better bring some good pieces to our lives!

P.S. This is what you guys asked for in that "Lego direction topic," when you wanted more original themes! This is what you get! :laugh:

I agree about how this could be just another PM set with a new color scheme, i was realy hoping for some black and yellow submarines as the aqua raiders were. As for the minifigs, im hoping for double printed torsos and possibly printed legs as it seems a lot of the newer theams are doing this :thumbup: But for now i will not judge this, as before the power miners came out i hated them but after getting my hands on one i wound up getting all but three of em.......

P.S. The power miners are not all that bad, they are keeping crystals away from the monsters so they cant destroy the earth from the inside out. sure they throw dynamite at em but in videos ive never seen that realy hurt them they just keep coming back for more. And besides hwo says they would starve to death? i mean why cant they eat regular rocks for food and crystals for power?

Don't blow it up so much, Striker!

Now we can see the 'Confidential' watermark which means it will get taken down :laugh:

Too late now! Let's just keep on talking and hope noone notices :look:

*whistles*

It seemed someone did notice. :tongue:

Just want to let you people know that, discussion is allowed, but refrain from posting images (deeplink) that is preliminary with a huge confidential stamp waving in front of you.

Thanks!

You know what i just realized?

7772-01-06_lobster_strike_riesenhummer.jpg

Plus This

7694-1.jpg

Equals This

(i removed the image) Well the picture we are talking about.

Anyone else notice that? :oh:

Edited by MrTools

Mr Tools, that is hilarious, but even photoshopped confidential images are not allowed!

You can re-edit your post with deeplinks though :wink:

Mr Tools, that is hilarious, but even photoshopped confidential images are not allowed!

You can re-edit your post with deeplinks though :wink:

Yeah forgot about that i was posting when the little notice was posted (just removed the picture) :blush:

Anyone else notice that? :oh:

Yes, we all noticed that the Sand Cutter is a trike with claws and a saw added to it. But I think that this is actually more part of the equation for 8056 - Monster Crab Encounter. :wink:

I have an elementary school cousin who is in Lego's "target age" and he shares most of the views of afols on these action-themes. He points out the flick-fire missiles in the pirate sets and complains about the color scheme of power miners. And I didn't point them out to him ahead of time. I really think lego needs to understand their audience better. The only reason things like power miners sell better than themes like town or castle is because that is what is advertised on tv, and as a result what parents see.

I don't see why lego is making another power miner theme when we have no word on whether castle or pirates is continueing next year. Personally I am afraid to see the evergreen themes fall back into obscurity.

Reaper052

but I guess I was living in la-la land :hmpf:

Lollipop, lollipop, oh, lolli-lolli-lollipop! :laugh:

I know children today suck,

I take that as an insult! :angry:

:laugh:

I'll remove my images.

Like Power Miners I'm most likely going to skip this theme, but I'll try to keep an open mind until I see some of the other sets.

Atlantis has some awesome potential, but so far it's just not cutting it for me. :sceptic:

It could be that the PM found a new threat underthe sea and got rid of the rock monsters.

It could be that the PM found a new threat underthe sea and got rid of the rock monsters.

Well then why would there be another wave of power miners sets coming? :hmpf: And it was clearly stated in the description that they are treasure hunters.

The conclusions AFOLs jump to in these speculation threads always seem to be more entertaining than what is eventually released. Still, I'm looking forward to see how this new line turns out.

Apparently some guy on flickr says that he's seen the entire line and says it is nothing like power miners and that the sets are great and he's going to buy all of them the first day they come out! So that's good news! :sweet: And I quote exactly "Wait for more pics. "Power Miners Under the Sea" isn't really the best description for it. It's better. (And I LOVE power miners, so that should tell you something)"

Edited by computerbug

Ahem:

"Wah Wah Wah. Lego hasn't made a theme precisely like the Lego I had as a child, before my decades spanning gap in playing and buying (only better and much more like I remember it). It is an outrage that Lego is trying 'new' things that appeal to children of all people because ~(insert anecdotal evidence of one child not liking something about Lego that Lego markets towards them)~. I am thus dismissing an entire product line based on a blurry, thumbnail sized preliminary picture that was quite likely stolen from confidential sources and leaked onto the internet."

/End Sarcasm

Apparently some guy on flickr says that he's seen the entire line and says it is nothing like power miners and that the sets are great and he's going to buy all of them the first day they come out! So that's good news! :sweet: And I quote exactly "Wait for more pics. "Power Miners Under the Sea" isn't really the best description for it. It's better. (And I LOVE power miners, so that should tell you something)"

That's what one guy thinks. It's clear at least this one set looks just like Power Miners in a different color.

Also why would LEGO be showing people new sets that don't come out for a few more months? LEGO is insanely paraniod about things like that.

That's what one guy thinks. It's clear at least this one set looks just like Power Miners in a different color.

Also why would LEGO be showing people new sets that don't come out for a few more months? LEGO is insanely paraniod about things like that.

Well then how would we get any leaked pics at all if nobody ever saw them? :tongue:

Could also be the other way round: the pic that has surfaced right now could be a preliminary design and the actual line will be everything you've always wanted to see in an underwater theme. I'm starting to see a patterns: it always starts with one blurry pic, people speculating, enhancing parts of the imagine, then someone has seen the pics, others don't believe, etc. If I recall correctly, the next thing up is blurry mobile-phone pics of pages of the retailers' catalog, which also contains preliminary designs sometimes, so that should be good for another round of speculation. Ah, good times coming up. :grin:

Well then how would we get any leaked pics at all if nobody ever saw them? :tongue:

This leaked picture is like 4 square cm. People are claiming that they have seen nice pictures and blah blah of the sets. I too have seen all the sets! They are awesome! The stuff is red and the minifigures will look like aliens! All that is true, but I can say that without ever looking at the theme because LEGO doesn't have human minifigures fight other true LEGO humans.

Taking into all the 'Power Miners is racist/Mars Mission is racist' stuff, this theme looks to be pretty morally ambiguous - the humans have the usual 'evil' colors, and the Atlanteans have the usual 'good' colors, but naturally the humans'll be the heroes.

I really hope it's not PM and anyway I never pay any attention to those themes so how should I know?

This leaked picture is like 4 square cm. People are claiming that they have seen nice pictures and blah blah of the sets. I too have seen all the sets! They are awesome! The stuff is red and the minifigures will look like aliens! All that is true, but I can say that without ever looking at the theme because LEGO doesn't have human minifigures fight other true LEGO humans.

The person in question was recently hired as a master model builder and probably has, at the very least, seen the prelim sets. He's not the sort of guy to go running around lying about stuff.

The person in question was recently hired as a master model builder and probably has, at the very least, seen the prelim sets. He's not the sort of guy to go running around lying about stuff.

You mean recently fired after he leaked this stuff (I kid, I kid....I hope). :tongue:

I'm not going get my hopes up for this theme, maybe that way I can think it's better than it actually is when we finally see some high-res shots.