Could somebody still translate 8061?

The English translation for 8061 would be something along the lines of "Squid Gate".

Hope that helps, Spyder. :wink:

Also, this really looks shopped.

First you say it is shooped, then you say it's really shopped. So which is it? :tongue: But really, how does it look shopped? It looks perfectly genuine to me. einsteinonthebeach confirms they are real, and hopefully the figs will be awesome.

I'm confused, is 8061 Titan Fish, or Squid Gate? :wacko:

Edited by Spyder

"Tintenfisch" is the German word for Squid and "Tor" means Gate. :thumbup:

Therefore the second option is right.

It might be too early to judge, but I'm not impressed :sceptic: This looks like underwater power miners.

Seriously, I am so sick of those gigantic wheels.

First you say it is shooped, then you say it's really shopped. So which is it? :tongue: But really, how does it look shopped? It looks perfectly genuine to me. einsteinonthebeach confirms they are real, and hopefully the figs will be awesome.

Your avatar looks shopped.

I was just asking you an honest question, How does the set look shopped? As for my avatar, you can take that up with Hound Knight. :tongue:

I was just asking you an honest question, How does the set look shopped? As for my avatar, you can take that up with Hound Knight. :tongue:

That smiley looks shopped.

"Stay on Target!"

(Always wanted to steal this line :tongue: )

I seriously think we shouldn't discuss who or what looks shopped, the new theme "Atlantis" should be the subject. :thumbup:

From a first glance I have to say it really bears to much resemblance to Power Miners, let's hope there will be some diversity in the sets and the figures are, as einsteinonthebeach stated, awesome. If not, I guess this theme won't stay to long. :sceptic:

I seriously think we shouldn't discuss who or what looks shopped, the new theme "Atlantis" should be the subject. :thumbup:

I know, that's why I asked him why the Atlantis set looked shopped to him. :wink:

Anyways, as already mentioned, I don't find much appeal so far to this line. The minifigs can save it, but they would have to be absolutely amazing figs, and the rest of the sets would have to be good for me to buy it. If this is how the rest of the line is, then TLC lost a potential buyer. Besides, my wallet is gonna be hurting enough after seeing the 2010 lineup for Star Wars.

It looks rather good, especially the minifigure. I can't wait for the minifigures. This theme excites me, Atlantis! :grin:

But it's better to wait for some official pictures to make my thoughts about this.

So can an ambassador confirm whether this is real or not? And when do you think these will start hitting stores?

Reaper052 :skull:

And, once again, LEGO is probably recycling parts, such as the Power Miners wheels.

I don't think they "recycle" them. From things I have read, I know LEGO keeps quite a close eye on sales, so as not to overproduce sets and therefore parts (this was one of the factors of their 2003 crisis). So my guess is that those gigantic Power Miners wheels were produced in the desired quantity for the Power Miners with a small margin of error. However, they are also trying to keep the number of different parts in production at the same time, below a certain number - 6000-7000 and I think that includes color variations of the same parts. So their designers have to work with the current palette which happens to include the big wheels, the saw blade and others. That explains why we see them again. Unfortunately, they are good in small quantities, but become irritating in large. On the other side, kids seem to like them, judging from the popularity of the Power Miners sets, so we can't really blame LEGO for using them in a line targeted almost exclusively at kids.

I hope the small sets are nice, bigger sets are usually harder to make appealing to both kids and adults.

I want to say "Hydronauts" as those visors came along in the second wave of underwater themes I remember from my very-little-only-just-allowed-Lego-System Childhood.

I would like a larger picture until I pass judgement beyond: Underwater = Good.

I hope the Altantean side gets good representation (unlike the rock monsters), based on the translated set names it sounds like that may be the case. :classic: As for the PM wheels - it's possible that as prelim pics they just used whatever wheels were on hand and will be replacing the wheels in the final versions. But more likely this is what we're getting. The color scheme boggles me, red, black and trans lime green? Really? I was with it until the trans-lime-green. Why not trans-red? It's been a while since we've gotten nice big trans-red pieces. Well it's hard to tell much from prelim pictures so I'll wait till we have something more substantial to really lay down judgment. :tongue: Right now Ill go with cautious optimism.

I would like a larger picture until I pass judgement beyond: Underwater = Good.

That too :grin:

Edited by fallentomato

Also, this really looks shopped.

They're real.

That smiley looks shopped.

Really, exx. :hmpf:

And the set I've seen so far looks rather <insert that tiresome argument> with the big PM wheels. Hopefully the rest of the sets won't have these wheels on every vehicle.

Why couldn't Atlantis be a new castle sub-theme? It would have been better than a rehash of power miners/ aqua-raiders. The castle theme is dieing and putting it underwater would have been a great way to reinvigorate it with new ideas. But this is just terrible, underwater set should never have wheels! :sick: I hope to see some castle like structures with the "atlanteans" but if they live in sumberines and spaceships of any kind then I have no intention of buying any of this garbage. :thumbdown:

At least I can save money for the Toy story and Pirates sets I was planning to buy, but that is the only bright side I can find. :cry_sad:

Reaper052 :skull:

I was hoping for something better than this but I think I'll wait until we have clear pics. I for one want an underwater city with mermaids that the good guys protect.

Edit: Where are the minifigs that everyone is talking about?

Edited by Tom Bricks

It's hard to say much from that one picture, but that set just looks like Power Miners in new colors.

It would be great to see a return of 1990s style Aquazone, but I doubt that's what this theme will be.

Hmm from this picture you cant really tell if a set is good or not but i'm really not that excited.

Looks too PowerMinerish :D

But hey, i'm still getting a few sets. I guess :tongue:

Say, is that a minifig holding the trident? Probably one of the Atlantean baddies.

*sigh* Expect more dissection peoples.

Good to see that there's actual minifigs in the sets, rather than some brick-built taller figures. And the merfolk are apparently blue, and not green like the few earlier merpeople minifigs (in Pirates and HP).

Say, is that a minifig holding the trident? Probably one of the Atlantean baddies.

*sigh* Expect more dissection peoples.

I have a hunch that the Atlantians are the good guys, and whoever command those vehicles are intruders, disturbing the peace of the coral reefs and the lodgings of the merfolk. At least I hope this is the case, because I really couldn't sympathize with a faction that trashes the delicate ecosystems at the bottom of the ocean. :angry:

So yeah, go fish-people! :grin:

I messed around with the pixels, and made it a tad bigger.

Good job, Striker! :thumbup:

I can see the minifig a little better now but I will need some better pictures before I can judge it properly.

The vehicle on the other hand is clearly visible and IMO absolutely hideous. :thumbdown:

Big no-no from me and it doesn't matter how good the minifigs will be - I can't justify to buy such awful set just to get 1 good minifig. I think we have enough big, unrealistic vehicles already in PM, SP3 and SW - therefore no need of jet another similar theme.

I was really hoping for something better than this, like a combination of the old Divers and Adventurers theme :sceptic:

Well well, I guess I will be focusing on other themes in 2010.

I have a hunch that the Atlantians are the good guys, and whoever command those vehicles are intruders, disturbing the peace of the coral reefs and the lodgings of the merfolk. At least I hope this is the case, because I really couldn't sympathize with a faction that trashes the delicate ecosystems at the bottom of the ocean. default_angry.gif

So yeah, go fish-people! default_laugh2.gif

I fear this will be just like the Power Miners theme with human heroes plundering the locals of their resources :hmpf:

It looks to me as if the Atlanteans are guarding some sort of special coins/treasure. You can clearly see by the symbol on the box and the item the merman is holding that it is some sort of special treasure which the merpeople want to protect. I could be wrong though. The vehicle, as Etzel said, is 'hideous' and I certainly wouldn't buy this set unless it was £15 at the most. The massive wheels lok pretty ugly but some of the greebles look nice.