RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

Ugh, my stomach flipped-flopped. While sad that it is said to be ending, at least I'll save money and make my parents happy.

I'll still MOC though.

I AM THE HARBINGER OF D00M.

I've just returned from the office.

I bring bad news.

BIONICLE truly ends. There will be no more sets after Stars, and the line WILL BE REPLACED by something similar under another title. Even status of the next movie is uncertain now. And, be sure, I'm not talking about Ben10 now. Catalogue clearly talks about "the end of saga".

Sadly we weren't allowed to make any photos, but the 2010 catalogue looks really nice. Prototype Piraka doesn't have a smile.

Either that's true, ot that's a clever misinformation (is it the right word?) from TLC.

I'm going to work with the audio record I made there right now, so stay tuned for other bits of information.

2 Questions:

We will get the replacement theme in summer?

Will the replacement theme be using the same template for the figures and realease? E.G: Technic based body ( Like we had in Bionicle, just with different armour ), 6 sets at a time, titans etc.

I am sad to see this go, but, not surprised in truth. Atleast the replacement is similar. :cry_happy: I'm actually looking foward to a new start.

Oh no, whats going to happen to BZPower?

Edited by The crazy one

I'll never get my Mata green set. ;_;

Well, this is rather sad. Whatever comes next will be fascinating to see. But just a few months ago we expected tons of glorious canisters with new colors, build, new titans and vehicles... 2009 really sent our expectations soaring.

This is kinda sudden. I'm disheartened that we've seen the last sets of this glorious line. =/

-Ikk

2 Questions:

We will get the replacement theme in summer?

Will the replacement theme be using the same template for the figures and realease? E.G: Technic based body ( Like we had in Bionicle, just with different armour ), 6 sets at a time, titans etc.

I am sad to see this go, but, not surprised in truth. Atleast the replacement is similar. :cry_happy: I'm actually looking foward to a new start.

Oh no, whats going to happen to BZPower?

I'd be glad to answer these questions, if anyone knew the answer ><

The point is I was told only this:

There'll be a replacement.

It'll be similar to BIONICLE (in terms of being action figures, I guess).

Nothing else is known currently, but I believe it's gonna be released in summer.

And nothing's gonna happen with BZP or any other fan site. Harry Potter fans (as much as I hate it, though...) are still alive, aren't they?

Edited by Tyranide

I'd be glad to answer these questions, if anyone knew the answer ><

The point is I was told only this:

There'll be a replacement.

It'll be similar to BIONICLE (in terms of being action figures, I guess).

Nothing else is known currently, but I believe it's gonna be released in summer.

And nothing's gonna happen with BZP or any other fan site. Harry Potter fans (as much as I hate it, though...) are still alive, aren't they?

I suppose. :tongue:

That's good I guess, atleast the replacement line follows the same lines.

There will be no more sets after Stars

Ho ho ho, I love being right.

But of all the times, I wish I was wrong. :cry_sad:

Don't get your hopes up for the replacement. Probably something similar to Ben 10.

Eh, probably for the best anyways. Do you want another year of Inika builds?

No, just two special editions of Makuta and Mata Nui. :sceptic:

...And nothing's gonna happen with BZP...

I'm thinking that whatever replaces Bionicle will be what BzPower's new focus will be...

Well, this news really is a bummer... The story is really underdeveloped too. Or to be more precise, the story is much less hyped. The epic feeling of 2008 with all the CGI movies and the 3 min. retrospective, was really one where you felt things were coming to an end. 2009 felt like a fresh start. I expected 5 or more years completely rebooting BIONICLE on Bara Magna. Instead we got one year, set on Bara Magna, but still alot of the story was set in the MU. Now it suddenly ends with only a few small sets we already have and a story that is nowhere near an end, the past few months really feel very rushed to me. So sad a great toyline like BIONICLE has to end like this. =(

I'm thinking that whatever replaces Bionicle will be what BzPower's new focus will be...

Maybe, maybe not. You have to remember, BZPower has built up quite the following over the years... there's a lot of people who won't want to let go that easily. Plus, Greg even threw out the possibility of continuing the story there (he said 'if it ended'), so I'd think the majority of the focus would still be Bionicle. Though I'll be waiting to see the reaction when Greg finally confirms it...

And, to Kuzc050's point - this year really does feel tacked on now. Once again, Greg mentioned that next year was supposed to be Valley of the Maze Stuff, so you know they condensed everything again... my question is, what caused it to implode like this? I was - we were - under the impression that it was one of the best selling lines for the company. I'd bet $100 that, if decline is the reason, it started with the Phantoka. Why? Just a feeling.

Still, as everyone's said, it's sad to see it go. Bionicle's been a big part of my life for what seems like forever; not anticipating new sets, and not anticipating new storyline, is depressing indeed. It may have really started to unravel as of late, but it was still Bionicle. And now, that's gone...

Like I said - now we just wait and see how they do with the replacement. Assuming it's a company concept, that is.

Well, that solves my problem of where to keep putting my sets. But way to go out with no bang at all.

Well, that solves my problem of where to keep putting my sets. But way to go out with no bang at all.

That's how Lego lines tend to end; not with a bang, but a whimper...

what ? Bionicle ending ? Really ? I'm not sure.

I'll take a break from news discussions, see you in half a year.

Moc on ! Bionicle is ON.

I'm not dissappointed to hear this. I've officialy run out of room for any more Bionicle (but I still have room for Star Wars Lego), I can't spend another dime on these things, and following the story at this point is a hopeless endeavour.

But...

I still dont understand why Lego would drop one of their biggest cash cows. It does not seem like good business to me.

Unless...

Unless there is a chance that this is just a scam to trick fans and build interest.

Unless...

Unless there is a chance that this is just a scam to trick fans and build interest.

You mean that maybe Lego is doing that so..

The people that doesn't want BIONICLE to end begin to buy alot more to "up" the sales so that can give Bionicle a "chance" to follow up with story?

You mean that maybe Lego is doing that so..

The people that doesn't want BIONICLE to end begin to buy alot more to "up" the sales so that can give Bionicle a "chance" to follow up with story?

As much as I hate to say it, at this point, I wouldn't rule it out... though, I can tell you right now, just because it's 'ending' doesn't mean I'm going to buy more or less. I've bought all the sets I wanted this year; and wasn't planning on getting any of the Stars, so things remain unchanged for me.

At least, I hope that's not the case...

I AM THE HARBINGER OF D00M.

I've just returned from the office.

I bring bad news.

BIONICLE truly ends. There will be no more sets after Stars, and the line WILL BE REPLACED by something similar under another title. Even status of the next movie is uncertain now. And, be sure, I'm not talking about Ben10 now. Catalogue clearly talks about "the end of saga".

Sadly we weren't allowed to make any photos, but the 2010 catalogue looks really nice. Prototype Piraka doesn't have a smile.

Either that's true, ot that's a clever misinformation (is it the right word?) from TLC.

I'm going to work with the audio record I made there right now, so stay tuned for other bits of information.

I don't know who you are or what your source is. But all the LEGO employees I've talked to haven't said Bionicle is ending. Generally they imply the exact opposite.

I don't know who you are or what your source is. But all the LEGO employees I've talked to haven't said Bionicle is ending. Generally they imply the exact opposite.

You just made my day. :tongue: I hope that's true.

Well, I think we should just see what happens. They aren't going to let it out, so we should just sit tight and hope for the best.

I have no idea to believe. :wacko:

Howsabouts we wait for next year to actually get here before we start getting really into this stuff? There are statements and evidence both ways, and it's kinda confusing.

I hope what Black Six said is true. Shame or none, my life is almost dedicated to BIONICLE. I could say I'm even partially obssessed. Maybe the orginal idea was to use a metaphor or hyperbole to bring cash in, but decided to scrap the idea altogether. Maybe it's just BIONICLE with a different name.

Either way, I sincerely hope it will not end. A replacement line probably couldn't beat it...

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

This is sad, but not unexpected.

I just hope that the replacement series is unlicensed, and if Greg's still in charge, maybe he can throw in a tenuous connection. If it's a line with a spacey theme, maybe a star-chart with Spherus Magna labeled on it, or something to that effect. Just so that we can feel a bit more at home.

Either way, I sincerely hope it will not end. A replacement line probably couldn't beat it...

-ZotS

It isn't that the line won't be able to beat the sets, it's that it won't be able to beat the nostalgia...

First when it seemed like Bionicle was ending I was like wheeeeeeeeeeee. Don't get me wrong, I love Bionicle. That's why I want it to end... it's just a convoluted mess. Bara Magna was promising, then it just made things even more muddled.

Now it sounds like it isn't ending, and I'm like waaaaht sadface.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what goes down next year. Hopefully an actual reboot, instead of what happened to Bara Magna.

~Bunda

We can't really confirm if there are no BIONICLE 2010 summer sets.

Let's wait until a real epic confirmation or until febreaury. where at least in the Toyfair we confirm if there are summer sets or not...and maybe IF a 2010 movie is in the making we will see a teaser like the 2009 toyfair