RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

Dudes, if I wanted a giant, planet-sized robo fight, I'd get Chouginga GL. This is not the case.

Mata Nui vs. Makuta will probably be a takeover-from-the-inside thing, with the prototype GS being torn to pieces while the inhabitants enter Teridax-Nui.

Edited by Zip

Dudes, if I wanted a giant, planet-sized robo fight, I'd get Chouginga GL. This is not the case.

Mata Nui vs. Makuta will probably be a takeover-from-the-inside thing, with the prototype GS being torn to pieces while the inhabitants enter Teridax-Nui.

What will Mata Nui do when the battle is over? Just walk the earth body carcass for all his days?

Well, i suppose he'll have no more aim that to secure the universe that is inside him, that's all.

and i'm happy to see that some members are fans of TTGL, that awesome anime.

the list is not fake. search Google images for bionicle stars. also, in the newest bionicle comic it has a picture of the tahu 2010 set.

the list is not fake. search Google images for bionicle stars. also, in the newest bionicle comic it has a picture of the tahu 2010 set.

Welcome to EB! :classic:

Our discussion here has moved on since we discovered the list, but I don't blame you for not reading through the last 103 pages to catch up. Currently we're discussing the story of 2010, and whether Michael Bay would be a good thing for BIONICLE. :wacko:

"Unless scientists discovered protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."

We've seen enough example of protodermis getting bashed up to know roughly how bash-resistant protodermis is, so it would be against all the logic we've built up about protodermis if it turns out that it actually becomes thousands of times stronger when made into the shape of a giant metal robot. Even Protosteel doesn't come near the strength that would be needed.

Welcome to EB! :classic:

Our discussion here has moved on since we discovered the list, but I don't blame you for not reading through the last 103 pages to catch up. Currently we're discussing the story of 2010, and whether Michael Bay would be a good thing for BIONICLE. :wacko:

We've seen enough example of protodermis getting bashed up to know roughly how bash-resistant protodermis is, so it would be against all the logic we've built up about protodermis if it turns out that it actually becomes thousands of times stronger when made into the shape of a giant metal robot. Even Protosteel doesn't come near the strength that would be needed.

Has giant robot man been said to be Protodermis? He could be some new thingy...

There can always be the "OMG NOW THERE'S AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL MATERIAL" explanation involved =P

Bleach managed to pull that off for what, five extra seasons?

~cap'n

There can always be the "OMG NOW THERE'S AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL MATERIAL" explanation involved =P

Bleach managed to pull that off for what, five extra seasons?

~cap'n

True, as long as it's revealed in a believable way. At the least, it would be odd that the GBs discovered/made enough of a super-strong metal over 100,000 years ago to make a planet-sized robot and it's prototype, yet the material has never appeared and been used elsewhere. :sceptic:

True, as long as it's revealed in a believable way. At the least, it would be odd that the GBs discovered/made enough of a super-strong metal over 100,000 years ago to make a planet-sized robot and it's prototype, yet the material has never appeared and been used elsewhere. :sceptic:

Is anything in Bionicle really believable? I mean, we all know its fake.

Maybe they made the prototype in protodermis, but it crushed under its own weight (What's the status of the prototype? I don't really follow the story, aside from the comics.) They later found a pool of a mysterious boiling liquid, and upon the liquids cooling it turned out to be a new substance?

I don't know, but Greg is bound to think something up...

Is anything in Bionicle really believable? I mean, we all know its fake.

Maybe they made the prototype in protodermis, but it crushed under its own weight (What's the status of the prototype? I don't really follow the story, aside from the comics.) They later found a pool of a mysterious boiling liquid, and upon the liquids cooling it turned out to be a new substance?

I don't know, but Greg is bound to think something up...

Well, according to Mata Nui's Guide To Bara Magna, the prototype robot has been powered up by a power source found in the Valley of the Maze, and Mata Nui now possesses it. And no doubt Click and Kiina are really sad about it. Today, a Scarabax beetle lost its owner, and a female Glatorian lost her crush.

Well whatever MN's body is made out of has to have been able to survive an enormous crash onto Aqua Magna, no?

Not to mention just to hold itself up…

I AM THE HARBINGER OF D00M.

I've just returned from the office.

I bring bad news.

BIONICLE truly ends. There will be no more sets after Stars, and the line WILL BE REPLACED by something similar under another title. Even status of the next movie is uncertain now. And, be sure, I'm not talking about Ben10 now. Catalogue clearly talks about "the end of saga".

Sadly we weren't allowed to make any photos, but the 2010 catalogue looks really nice. Prototype Piraka doesn't have a smile.

Either that's true, ot that's a clever misinformation (is it the right word?) from TLC.

I'm going to work with the audio record I made there right now, so stay tuned for other bits of information.

Edited by Tyranide

I bring bad news.

BIONICLE truly ends. There will be no more sets after Stars, and the line WILL BE REPLACED by something similar under another title. Even status of the next movie is uncertain now. And, be sure, I'm not talking about Ben10 new. Catalogue clearly talks about "the end of saga".

Sadly we weren't allowed to make any photos, but the 2010 catalogue looks really nice. Prototype Piraka doesn't have a smile.

Either that's true, ot that's a clever misinformation (is it the right word?) from TLC.

I'm going to work with the audio record I made there right now, so stay tuned for other bits of information.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bring bad news.

BIONICLE truly ends. There will be no more sets after Stars, and the line WILL BE REPLACED by something similar under another title. Even status of the next movie is uncertain now. And, be sure, I'm not talking about Ben10 new. Catalogue clearly talks about "the end of saga".

I'm ok with that, as long as it gets replaced.

The comics cost extra money, money we pay for in the sets. Also, TLC won't have to add the canisters "for nostalgic purposes" or whatever they're calling it nowadays...

I'm guessing that the movie was a bust, considering the fact that it was on TV a month after it came out.

Edited by Artahn

I bring bad news.

BIONICLE truly ends. There will be no more sets after Stars, and the line WILL BE REPLACED by something similar under another title. Even status of the next movie is uncertain now. And, be sure, I'm not talking about Ben10 now. Catalogue clearly talks about "the end of saga".

I'm really disappointed that Bionicle ends without canisters, :,(

I'm really disappointed that Bionicle ends without canisters, :,(

Eh, probably for the best anyways. Do you want another year of Inika builds?

I bring bad news.

well crap, I was really hoping for a good ACTUAL mata nui set, I mean the titan robot thingy.

but whaaatever.. less money needing to be spent I guess.

also, first post. teehee

well crap, I was really hoping for a good ACTUAL mata nui set, I mean the titan robot thingy.

but whaaatever.. less money needing to be spent I guess.

also, first post. teehee

That's until you see the replacement line. XD

I dunno... while it's certainly interesting that it's ending, I'm more concerned about what'll be in it's place than anything else. Assuming they keep some of the basic building components, this could finally mean new Torsos! Limbs! Heads/Masks! Weapons! With much more variety than in past years, anyways...

The only other thing I'm really hoping for is that, if all this is true, they keep the stories separate. I don't want this to start getting so convoluted like Bionicle did this year; with the Bara Magna tie-in and all that... really, it's a fresh start. There's a boatload of potential; maybe even the possibility of a focus on higher age groups, we'll have to see.

(Feel free to shoot me for my noobish optimism)

I dunno... while it's certainly interesting that it's ending, I'm more concerned about what'll be in it's place than anything else. Assuming they keep some of the basic building components, this could finally mean new Torsos! Limbs! Heads/Masks! Weapons! With much more variety than in past years, anyways...

The only other thing I'm really hoping for is that, if all this is true, they keep the stories separate. I don't want this to start getting so convoluted like Bionicle did this year; with the Bara Magna tie-in and all that... really, it's a fresh start. There's a boatload of potential; maybe even the possibility of a focus on higher age groups, we'll have to see.

Actually your "noobish" optimism makes me happy

We got a new body piece, remember? In 2007...

The body couldn't be used creatively and was ditched with the Piraka body.

I just hope the sets have fewer specialized pieces. My favorite piece by far is the T-bar (used on Hydraxon as knuckles). They need to make more pieces that alter the way things connect, not what connects to them. (the Legends double socket is a step in the right direction.)

We got a new body piece, remember? In 2007...

The body couldn't be used creatively and was ditched with the Piraka body.

I just hope the sets have fewer specialized pieces. My favorite piece by far is the T-bar (used on Hydraxon as knuckles). They need to make more pieces that alter the way things connect, not what connects to them. (the Legends double socket is a step in the right direction.)

The T-bar is a pneumatics piece from TECHNIC, but I get your point. IMO it's better without so many new connection pieces, because although they're useful in actual sets, they reduce creativity needed for making particular shapes in MOCs.

I bring bad news.

The 2010 ending thing is still a letdown, but considering you're source is still the same as the other sources, I'll reserve my ultimate judgment of lost hope.

Hey Tyranide. How the background of the Stars look?

Essentially the same as on their small poster. Something brown and rocky.