RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

I knew this would happen :cry_sad: , but I like the sound of this new theme, I just hope the more flexible figure isn't a form of the Ben 10 sets, as customising and mocing would be near impossible. :hmpf_bad: Though, it hopefully won't be.

I am glad that the story will probabley continue, as without figures, we can get a really much better take on Bionicle, without everyone complaining about the sets. :tongue:

I think that Bara Magna was a wasted oppotunity though. We could have had one more year on it atleast. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by The crazy one

Well I hope this clears up the Ben10 confusion BZP got tangled in. This Flexible Building System... I think I know what that means! :look:

MWAHAHAHAHA

*ahem*

Sorry.

Now I can focus on something else at last...

That's quite literately the second thing I thought after seeing this news. :tongue:

I have to say though, that I will still pick up more sets here and there. (Can't wait to see this "flexible" line, sounds somewhat interesting.)

Damn. The only reason I hate that is because I wanted some new summer sets. Now I have to rely on MOCs alone for my 2010 installment of the Bara Magna Chronicles-my BM epic.

Oh well. I don't get sets anyway. As long as the story goes on.

That is so depressing that they actually confirmed it...

...I can still hear Front saying that Stars are actually the least exciting sets next year...

is it possible that you meant the new theme Front?

He said, if I recall correctly, that Tahu, Gresh, Skrall, and Takanuva were the least exciting sets for 2010.

This was before we saw Zirahk and Nektann.

That's what I think he meant, but I may be wrong.

Also, I'm fairly happy about this news. It gives the BIONICLE story a chance to flourish and make a new line as well.

-Mesonak

Great! Now I will no longer have to wonder about where to keep putting my sets, the story will finally not be restricted by sets anymore and I can FINALLY pester Greg into making a serial focussed solely on Toa Ignika.

I never thought I'd be this excited hearing this news. Bionicle without the sets and media swarm is a bit upsetting, but it's also Bionicle off the chains, which is probably the most healthy option for the story. 1) From here, anything could happen to the story beyond just continuing without set restrictions (must... not... relate to Star Trek again...) and 2) assuming this new line receives the same amount of investment, we have something of a Bionicle 2 to follow in addition. I suppose it's a bit optimistic to think that some big producer would come along and pick up the franchise with Greg in tow, but having seen praise for the universe from screenwriters and people outside the community, as well as the pitch for a theatrical film Lego turned down a few years ago, I wouldn't rule it out.

Well, I'd rather have it put down than be tortured for another year or more. Atleast the story can only go uphill from here.

"The LEGO Group will debut a new, more flexible buildable figure property created by the same people who brought you BIONICLE. At the same time, we are also expanding the category to appeal to a younger audience through an established third-party property, starting in January"

This quote makes me fear that this new line uses the same or simmilar pieces to ben 10.

Well, I'd rather have it put down than be tortured for another year or more. Atleast the story can only go uphill from here.

"The LEGO Group will debut a new, more flexible buildable figure property created by the same people who brought you BIONICLE. At the same time, we are also expanding the category to appeal to a younger audience through an established third-party property, starting in January"

This quote makes me fear that this new line uses the same or simmilar pieces to ben 10.

That's exactly what I said. If it does happen, I think I might cry....

Not sure if you guys have seen them all yet, but here are all of the Bionicle Stars together, found at TRU:

4132522170_f273b8da59.jpg

Sans Gresh. :sceptic:

For those who have seen the Stars in store, what is the most of one set you've seen? It seems like the Stars come in smaller packs than the standard 6 per box...

I saw Tahu and Takanuva. There were two of each, and they were both on the bottom shelf way in the back. I'm gonna return tommorow to hopefully get one or two more.

In other news, since Bionicle is ending (setwise), I decided to finally get two old sets I greatly wanted. I joined Bionicle in very late 2003, so I never got any of the Mata, Bohrok (normal and Kal), or Nuva. Over the years I got two of the Bohrok as gifts, as well ordered three of the Nuva (Tahu, Pohatu, Onua), and two of the Mata (Gali, Onua) off Amazon.

I decided to finally Lewa and Tahu Mata (Lewa was $30, Tahu was $45). Getting them new would've been way too expensive (Lewa is $60, Tahu is $125), so I got them in "Like New" condition. They're both from the same Amazon seller, so hopefully that should turn out well.

Edited by Vezon

Sans Gresh. :sceptic:

For those who have seen the Stars in store, what is the most of one set you've seen? It seems like the Stars come in smaller packs than the standard 6 per box...

Sorry, I didn't know (I don't like Bionicle, but I took this picture because I like helping the Eurobricks community :classic:).

According to my picture, I saw three Skrall, Tahus and Pirakas, two Takanuvas and Rahkshis, and no Greshes.

For anyone in Chicago area, I found all six Stars at the LEGO Store in Woodfield Mall - they got a bunch in on Monday. I can't speak for the rest of the brand stores, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're turning up in those too.

Gresh and Skrall have appeared on toysrus.ca

Here are the product descriptions for Gresh:

Now a veteran Glatorian, Gresh is ready to make new allies and fight new foes to keep his people free. Gifted with elemental power by Mata Nui, he will use the skills he learned in the arena and in battle with Skrall to fight off the armies of Makuta.

And Skrall:

Although driven from their city, Skrall warriors are ready to ally with the evil Makuta to try to seize Bara Magna for themselves. Wielding the power of shadow, this fighter is a match even for the mighty Takanuva.

Edited by Vezon

Gresh and Skrall have appeared on toysrus.ca

Here are the product descriptions for Gresh:

Now a veteran Glatorian, Gresh is ready to make new allies and fight new foes to keep his people free. Gifted with elemental power by Mata Nui, he will use the skills he learned in the arena and in battle with Skrall to fight off the armies of Makuta.

And Skrall:

Although driven from their city, Skrall warriors are ready to ally with the evil Makuta to try to seize Bara Magna for themselves. Wielding the power of shadow, this fighter is a match even for the mighty Takanuva.

Skrall get shadow powers? Now that's interesting.

Oh yeah, a certain news that everyone should know by now: no more sets will be made after the Stars. Story will continue, but set won't.

So Gresh is a veteran, and Skrall have shadow powers.

That's so awesome I'm tearing up.

-Mesonak

Well, I can truthfully say I'm sorry to hear this. I have always loved Bionicle, its story, its sets, and everything about it- I'll be truly sorry to see it go. Fortunately, we will see the story flourish hopefully for years after- and maybe it will earn a place in some of the greater franchises of its time as well as a solid place in the halls of sci-fi glory. However, it won't be the same without being able to hold the physical representations of characters- I dare to say that it was the original visuals- Tahu surfing on a rock in molten lava, Pohatu kicking a stone in a dynamic pose, Kopaka standing lonely and stalwart on an icy peak, Gali hanging from a cliff over watery depths, Lewa swinging on a vine in the jungle, and Onua clawing his way through another tunnel- indeed, the visuals were what sparked my initial interest- not the story. The story, I came to love... the sets have always been dear to me. I hope that the new, articulated line is able to present such exciting visuals as the original Bionicle sets did, and I will attempt its story, I suppose. As long as it's pieces are compatible with the old Bionicle sets, which I have no doubt they will be, and they continue on a vein of unique, new ideas (moving away from masks and entering a new and more interesting design style), I will continue to buy them. Perhaps they will simply be a continuation of the line I have loved for the past ten years of my life to me, no matter what new title they bear.

Bionicle, you are my childhood. You will be remembered.

Flexible =/= Ben ten. If they're replacing the line with Ben 10 I'm going to get drunk

Flexible = sets completely made out of bubble gum with names like flexruxy and stretchorolz.

The question is WHY are they actually going to stop the line?

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox