RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

On the bright side, at least they didn't do a Vahki star set.

I think GregF may have quit the story team had they done that.

Anyone else think they should have replaced Vezok with Hahli Mahri? Would've loved some chibi angelic cupid wings.

He has the Nuva shoulder armor in white.

That's only new to BIONICLE, but it's been in other sets. I've got a couple of them.

End of the week an no catalog? Bummer. I know Tyranide is looking for it, and so are a few other members, so it must be super elusive this year.

Greg didn't like the Vahki? I thought they were some of the coolest villains we've had. Despite being part of the clone set period...

I'm kinda dissappointed there isn't anything from the Metru Nui arc actually, even if the sets back then weren't all that great overall. But the good thing about Stars for the first half of the year is that there won't be as big a cluster of characters for the next movie to work with.

He has the Nuva shoulder armor in white.

... As well as white Av-Matoran legs. And new white armor. And new white feet. So people complaining about Taka just because he has "no new pieces" should instead look at Skrall, who only has the dual colored Av-Toran arms and Kopaka sword. I love Taka, he's actually one of my favorites.

And Greg hated the Vahki, as they had no personality.

... As well as white Av-Matoran legs. And new white armor. And new white feet. So people complaining about Taka just because he has "no new pieces" should instead look at Skrall, who only has the dual colored Av-Toran arms and Kopaka sword. I love Taka, he's actually one of my favorites.

Well said, but Skrall has the new feet too, and Taka's pieces are still comparatively more boring than all the other new sets, except possibly Vezok, depending on how you feel about the new Piraka spine.

Well said, but Skrall has the new feet too, and Taka's pieces are still comparatively more boring than all the other new sets, except possibly Vezok, depending on how you feel about the new Piraka spine.

Oh right I did forget about the feet :) I thought Skrall had the Phantoran claws when I typed that up xD

Dunno, I personally have no White Nuva armor, and does anyone know what are at the ends of the Hewkii blades? Are they normal axles? He also has those sweet feet and armor in useful colors.

Vezok seems way too weak. I mean really? His weapon sucks/sucked, I don't like his spine, and frankly, he isn't looking to good.

And what does Skrall have, other than the sexy recolor blade? =/

And man, Phantoka, I barely remember that name for a reason. ._.

[-TA-]

Dunno, I personally have no White Nuva armor, and does anyone know what are at the ends of the Hewkii blades? Are they normal axles? He also has those sweet feet and armor in useful colors.

Vezok seems way too weak. I mean really? His weapon sucks/sucked, I don't like his spine, and frankly, he isn't looking to good.

And what does Skrall have, other than the sexy recolor blade? =/

And man, Phantoka, I barely remember that name for a reason. ._.

[-TA-]

I think it's either the axle used in Zamor launchers, or the axle used along with a piston for Titan limb supports. Most likely the latter.

In the actual photos, Skrall seems to be taking advantage of some lovely black/lime marbles Av-arms. The lime double connectors for the should armour are also in a new colour, which I welcome. :classic:

They weren't really supposed to though. They were meant to be this cold, ruthless and alien-like being that you couldn't decipher and really had to watch yourself around.

Now I wish we had a Vahki in the Stars lineup.

If it means we get someone fresh to write, then I'm with you.

At the risk of throwing all canon and characters we love out the window? There are always small things that can be disliked about Greg, but overall, he's done great for BIONICLE, has worked hard to please us older fans on multiple occasions, and respects the original characters. For the duration of MU related storyline, I definitely want Greg to stay, rather than risking someone else who could do much worse stuff than anything that he's done.

On the flip-side though, if BIONICLE starts a fresh saga completely unrelated to the MU, I wouldn't mind a different main writer to introduce a new style, like how the comic illustrators change frequently with their own styles. The only problem is that BIONICLE story will never be quite what we'd like it to be, because it's written with the constraint that an 8 year old must be able to follow it.

Not necessarily. Stories written for 8 year olds can still be interesting without being complicated (silent rebuttal to an argument about TLR's story). Plus, we get a fair ammount of violent content from the story serials and, formerly, the books. I personally find Greg can still write a good plot twist like when

Mazeka chooses Teridax at the end of Brothers in Arms.

Not necessarily. Stories written for 8 year olds can still be interesting without being complicated (silent rebuttal to an argument about TLR's story). Plus, we get a fair ammount of violent content from the story serials and, formerly, the books. I personally find Greg can still write a good plot twist like when

Mazeka chooses Teridax at the end of Brothers in Arms.

True, but so many great story possibilities have been left because kids supposedly wouldn't be able to cope. One of the main ones that comes to mind for me is all the limitations but on Elemental powers, simply because it would be getting "too scientific". :hmpf_bad:

True, but so many great story possibilities have been left because kids supposedly wouldn't be able to cope. One of the main ones that comes to mind for me is all the limitations but on Elemental powers, simply because it would be getting "too scientific". :hmpf_bad:

Not quite sure what you mean. Like limitations on powers other than elemental?

I was thinking more like the storyline for each year as a whole. Like the idea in 2006 with the desperate villagers getting screwed over by a Skakdi gang. It was just interesting to see how the Piraka took advantage of their disguise. You wanted to know what they would do to the villagers and whether they would get the Ignika, who would rebel and when, and when would the implied arriving group of heroes come and set everything right.

As far as violence goes, I would agree with you that kids could probably cope with a lot more than they're exposed to. Though I wouldn't argue the violence level in Bionicle should actually be increased (but at the same time, I'm never one to complain when it is :tongue:) Lego gets a fair bit of criticism for Bionicle's violence, but the truth is there's pretty much no stopping boys from getting into that sort of thing anyway. I've seen a fair few stop motion videos made by the younger fans where Toa get their heads cut off, some with play-doh blood if I remember. These were being made long before things like beheading and dismemberment started getting referenced in the story.

I think Greg is great for BIONICLE. He truly does think in a comic book mind, his narrations are great, and some of the plot twists are very good. You have to remember, the story is written by the story team, Greg only presents it in a readable format. If theam says no elemental powers, then Greg can't write about elemental powers.

Typo on my part, should be all the limitations put on Elemental powers. :blush: Many potential things that a Toa of Magnetism or Electricity could do have been turned down because kids wouldn't understand it. However, Greg has introduced many complicated powers for Kanohi, such as Clairvoyance and Psychometry, so I often find myself thinking that the Kid-can't-follow-it is just an excuse for convenience.

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Typo on my part, should be all the limitations put on Elemental powers. :blush: Many potential things that a Toa of Magnetism or Electricity could do have been turned down because kids wouldn't understand it. However, Greg has introduced many complicated powers for Kanohi, such as Clairvoyance and Psychometry, so I often find myself thinking that the Kid-can't-follow-it is just an excuse for convenience.

Yeah, I asked himif a vahi could warp space while it warps time, or if could create gravity. But - that really is

a hard concept.

They weren't really supposed to though. They were meant to be this cold, ruthless and alien-like being that you couldn't decipher and really had to watch yourself around.

This. Duh. And just about every single villian canister before the Piraka had no personality.

Save the Kal.

They were also really cool designs.

This. Duh. And just about every single villian canister before the Piraka had no personality.

Save the Kal.

They were also really cool designs.

The Vahki were the worst, the others were more like insects, the Vahki were like bad robots. I wish the Vahki had a "queen" that acted like Braniac from Superman.

The Vahki were the worst, the others were more like insects, the Vahki were like bad robots. I wish the Vahki had a "queen" that acted like Braniac from Superman.

I personally would have wanted Bohrok.

But oh well.

I really don't understand what's with all the Greg bashing. I think Greg's a really good writer, and that he has done so much for we as BIONICLE fans to enjoy the story so much more than we would if any other writer was doing the story. Not only that, but he lets the fans interact with the story in endless ways. I don't see anything bad about him, his style of writing, his 'limitations' (Which would probably be worse if we had a different writer because LEGO would keep a bigger eye on them.), or any other complaint you guys have about him.