RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

Hm, the strange part is still the large large gap of set numbers.

I can't think of much of an explanation, other than the fact that the remaining 4 711X and 2 713X are small sets and they're going to be released in the Summer,

Which means [if it's true], we could see all these Gold Recolors [And Mask!] for another Character. :3

EDIT: @3DB: Yea I see the difference, didn't realize Peeron doesn't acknowledge them though.

[-TA-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

Also, Bricklink is generally more accurate than Peeron, and Bricklink acknowledges plenty of different silvers. :classic:

Only Pearl Light Grey, Flat Silver and Metallic Silver. :P

Which people seem to mix whatever silver in there, cuz "new" silver is in all 3 categories as well as "old" silver. And even Lego parts that are Silver painted.

So silver is silver. :P

-Omi

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait HEY

Since we have only blue and brown/yellow sets left to see, and there was neither a yellow Rahkshi or Piraka, that means...

We'll get a brown set.

:'D

-Ikk

Could be a yellow Rahkshi? I forget its power.

Hmm, a Brown Rahkshi would be cool, but a blue Piraka would mean Vezok. Which makes me mildly sad because I was hoping for Vezon, not his former self/half.

(And I don't think Avak was enough of a character to justify a rerelease of. :/)

The Piraka should be Zaktan. ;_;

They are recoloring THREE of my favorite blades, too. Kopaka's, Skrall's, and Ackar's flame :D

Silver Kopaka blade (not the pearly shade from 2006 on) came out in a technic set a long time ago, and Tuma had green Skrall blades. The Ackar flame is new, though...

New feet/armor looks good.

Tahu having an Av Matoran head does NOT.

So long as they don't try to make these canon and there's still the regular line up, they look fine to me. I'll probably grab a few, as I kinda like Agori, and these look like they have more nice pieces for just a bit higher price.

~Bunda

Silver Kopaka blade (not the pearly shade from 2006 on) came out in a technic set a long time ago, and Tuma had green Skrall blades. The Ackar flame is new, though...

So the Kopaka blade is technically new, but I'm dropping the silver argument for now. It's hard to tell with the Ackar blade though, because LEGO likes to stylize the colours of the box art to make the product look cooler. Would be good if it is though. :classic:

So they're real?

Damn, I was kinda hoping they weren't. No offense, but I don't really like them.

Ditto

Bionicle has just lost a fan...but only for 2010 :wink:

Ditto

Bionicle has just lost a fan...but only for 2010 :wink:

... because they released sets you didn't like? There ARE going to be other, much better, sets (probably). I still think these aren't related to storyline, so I don't see any reason to dislike BIONICLE because of it.

anyways, I'll leave Bionicle for a while...

If your leaving just because you don't like four smaller sets that seem to be part of a commemerative series thats just silly. We don't even know if they're a part of the main line or just some special sets like the toa haga were.

To be honest I like them and if they're the less exiting sets of next year it sounds like the 2010 line is going to be sweet.

Edited by Harfo

anyways, I'll leave Bionicle for a while...

Umm, you know these are only six likely promotional sets that probably have nothing to do with actual story, right? The actual sets are evidently going to be better, according to Front. SO I don't think you should give up on BIONICLE just because four promotional sets don't fit your fancy . . .

While Chibi-Takanuva is very cute, I'd prefer a canister set. I've been so excited when I first saw the 2010 set list, and now I'm a little disappointed that Takanuva is also chibi-ized. Still, what happened to his Power Lance? Why 2 swords?

And Chibi-Gresh looks horrible. Why can't they keep his original helmet? Why going all lime, and no blend?

Edited by Phantoka Kopaka Nuva

Silver is Silver when it comes to Lego. Gold is a different story.

-Omi

Silvers are definitely different in some years. Thok's silver is waaay to pearly for my tastes, and it doesn't mix well with the other silvers I have.

Silver Kopaka blade (not the pearly shade from 2006 on) came out in a technic set a long time ago, and Tuma had green Skrall blades.

Isn't the Kopaka blade black, though?

Edited by Bfahome

Silvers are definitely different in some years. Thok's silver is waaay to pearly for my tastes, and it doesn't mix well with the other silvers I have.

Keep in mind though, that this is the same for other colors as well. Red today doesn't look like the red of yesteryear.

-Omi

It's pretty obvious what they are doing. BIONICLE was started in 2000 in Europe, and they are staying true to that release date. Therefore, these characters are the 10th anniversary re-releases; The best of the characters from 2001-2009. That explains the "Stars" label and the characters used.

I am guessing the actual 2010 characters will show up in the Summer, for the movie so there aren't an overwhelming amount of characters.

So... I don't mind these at all.

Tahu is AWESOME. He stays completley true to his original form, and the mask is very nostalgic. This really reminds me of Tahu, just better looking.

Takanuva is okay. I wish there was some gold, but silver works. Good to see a re-release mask.

Skrall is meh. Looks like a mini version of this years, which is fine. Colours are a bit weird.

Gresh is sweet. Again, it looks mini in a good way.

If they are doing small sets for the 10th anniversary, I wonder what the canister sets are...

-ZotS (By the way, this post was pretty much all copy-paste from BZP :tongue: )

It's pretty obvious what they are doing. BIONICLE was started in 2000 in Europe, and they are staying true to that release date.

Bionicle started in late Winter 2000 for the year 2001.

These Star sets, while most likely being released this year, is for 2010 and not 2009. Using your logic, they would be 2009 sets.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Keep in mind though, that this is the same for other colors as well. Red today doesn't look like the red of yesteryear.

-Omi

There's a difference between inconsistent plastic quality and a colour that's changed slighty and has stayed changed. But seeing as this debate isn't going anywhere, I guess the best thing to do will be to wait until the set comes out, then get comparison photos.

Isn't the Kopaka blade black, though?

Darn LEGO and they're misleadingly shiny box-art. I think you're right there, and now there's just one more reason for me to get the Skrall. :hmpf_bad:

I'm really pleased if that's a black Kopaka blade - All I need now is some black Pohatu feet and Lewa's Ax in black and then I'll finally be able to MOC the Toa Mata vs. their shadow selves. :classic:

All of these guys are cool, but Tahu is just plain incredible. Plain and simple.

And remember this isn't really a small version of him, since the Av-Matoran body is barely shorter than the Toa Mata. This set's actually an upgrade over the Mata and Nuva versions due to the improved hip and shoulder articulation, as well as the moving neck.

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a Bionicle set before.

And none of those Gears!

Simply put, Gears pretty much were only good with two or more people, trying to bash each other's masks off.

When posing or just playing, they were a nuisance.

7 Points of Articulation -> 9 Points.

Still hate those awkward Avtoran limbs, and especially that stupid Av-toran head.

It sticks out way too far. ._.

I think I'll just put a socket on a Mata Head and use that for Tahu.

[-TA-]

I have definitely had a change of heart on these. The gimmick is better, the sets look better, and Taka returns, even if in silver. I will never judge sets on prelims again. Thanks Tillius for those pics since my computer can't save target's.

EDIT: Also, does the sneak peak in the TLR magazine deal with "Bionicle Stars" or something not yet seen?

Edited by The Nightwing Reborn