Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

At a point of view it had looked like heads. After looking at it closer it was 2x2 bricks.

Don't you think it would be a little violent if there were skewered heads in a kids film? Lol! :laugh:

In the meantime, I'm so excited to see how Toy Story 3 ends!! :laugh:

i agree.. can't wait to watch the movie.....

u guys think TLG should make a sub theme in Buzz lightyear of space command and maybe Woody and his round up.....

what about chances of getting a slinky, mr. & mrs. Potato head figs? that would be a treat having the whole gang of minifigs! :D

Have we heard a price piont on the Pizza Planet Truck yet? That and Lotso's Dump Truck are the only TS3 sets I'm sure I'm buying...although I'll probably end up with more than that. Anyway. Any ideas on the price?

what about chances of getting a slinky, mr. & mrs. Potato head figs? that would be a treat having the whole gang of minifigs! :D

Slim to none. :sceptic: Since they are property of other toy companies (Hasbro for the Potato heads, maybe the same for Slinky?) it would be surprising to see them in Lego form.

Slim to none. :sceptic: Since they are property of other toy companies (Hasbro for the Potato heads, maybe the same for Slinky?) it would be surprising to see them in Lego form.

The only one they could make would be Bo peep. I dont think she was part of a toy company. I remember that pixar said they had a hard time having the potato head company to allow there toy to be in the film. So i guess there definatley wont be a potato head figure. :sceptic: Did anyone notice if Bo peep is in Toy Story 3.

Twitch's eyes need sanding.... Too pointy...

Lol, they are a bit. But I think that's just for the toy effect.

In the meantime, I'm so excited to see how Toy Story 3 ends!! :laugh:

Yeah, me too. Apparently it's a tear-jerker. I also can't wait to see the short that comes with it, "Night and Day"! Sounds like a brilliant piece of art! :sweet:

The dirty versions of Buzz and Lotso are nice, but I don't share that enthusiasm with the new Jessie minifig, as I won't get the regular version.

Really? Even though she's not my favorite character or minifig, I'm loving that cute sad expression on her face! :wub: It's too bad for you though. Maybe she'll appear again, maybe even in a magnet set together with the Prospector (and maybe an army man?).

I just realised the garbage truck is quite nice by itself. Might be able to fit in with City sets.

Good luck trying to fit an over 10 wide truck into a City. :tongue:

Don't you think it would be a little violent if there were skewered heads in a kids film? Lol! :laugh:

Who ever said anything about skewered heads? :wacko: But yeah, that would be pretty weird.

u guys think TLG should make a sub theme in Buzz lightyear of space command and maybe Woody and his round up.....

Absolutely! :sweet: I have many ideas for possible sets, but even though the Star Command spaceship can already be considered a set from that show, there's no way they are going to make set of a show from a few years ago. As for Woody's Roundup, I think the set we have now already encompasses everything we've seen from that show, hence the name of the set, so I wouldn't expect anything else from it.

As YG-49 said, they're slim. If we would have ever gotten a Potato head or slinky, I would have expected them to be in the Pizz Planet truck set. But then again, that set is already packed with figs, so who knows. I'm still hoping they'll make an Andy's Room set with all the figs in it, but maybe that will remain a dream. We'll see.

Twitch's eyes need sanding.... Too pointy...

Well, looking at the 3D model of Twitch, his eyes are actually pretty pointy. I bet they look better from other angles.

Have we heard a price piont on the Pizza Planet Truck yet? That and Lotso's Dump Truck are the only TS3 sets I'm sure I'm buying...although I'll probably end up with more than that. Anyway. Any ideas on the price?

Nope. We don't have much info on that set yet. Maybe it's some kind of exclusive? I'm guessing it'll be $30-40.

To infinity and beyond! :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Who ever said anything about skewered heads? :wacko: But yeah, that would be pretty weird.

I presumed they would be, seen as Lotso is the villian. :tongue: Pardon my gruesome sense of humor.

Really? Even though she's not my favorite character or minifig, I'm loving that cute sad expression on her face! :wub: It's too bad for you though. Maybe she'll appear again, maybe even in a magnet set together with the Prospector (and maybe an army man?).

The main issue I have is not having the original to go with the variation. It's not much of a problem, but it would look odd.

On the other hand, that raises another question. Maybe we will get the normal versions in that set too? Because if, for example, the characters had escaped because there's a feature that allows you to do that (there almost undoubtably is one), they would look strange if they're still unhappy. Just following a typical kid's reaction after playing with the set...

Maybe we will get the normal versions in that set too? Because if, for example, the characters had escaped because there's a feature that allows you to do that (there almost undoubtably is one), they would look strange if they're still unhappy. Just following a typical kid's reaction after playing with the set...

If that was the case, they would be featured at the top of the box. :wink: Besides, even if they escape, they'll still be dirty, and probably still pissed off at whoever threw them into the dumpster. :tongue:

After seeing that video I must confess he does look good with that head. It also opened up a new possibility.... Retractable wings! :wub:

Hmm, I'm with Delta 38 on the Jessie issue, I think it's fantastic that Lego are doing variations on the minifigs but I was hoping for a generic Jessie. No biggie, I'll take a sad one if I have to. I already have regular Buzz so I'm delighted I won't have two identical ones.

I'm not as keen on the dirt printing as most of you seem to be. And I love the Twitch minifig. I know he's way out of proportion with the movie character but I'd prefer if they stick to the standard Legoman design where possible. The extra-tall minifigs already being used for some Toy Story characters are something I hope doesn't become too common.

Pretty much every new image of these sets makes me want them even more.

If that was the case, they would be featured at the top of the box. :wink: Besides, even if they escape, they'll still be dirty, and probably still pissed off at whoever threw them into the dumpster. :tongue:

Well, good point. Specifically, I meant they may include alternate heads instead of the actual minifig.

Something tells me Twitch threw them in there...

EDIT: after looking at the image again, I realised the garbage truck set is supposedly limited edition. I hope I can find it.

Which reminds me, Twitch's head looks a lot like something I know, but I can't put my finger on what it is...

SECOND EDIT: it's also supposedly limited edition in America. That means it's possibly widely available here.

Edited by Delta 38

Something tells me Twitch threw them in there...

Well, the set description says it was both Lotso and Twitch, but it's kind of puzzling why Lotso would get thrown in the back too. Perhaps to make sure they don't escape? I guess we'll have to watch the movie to find out.

EDIT: after looking at the image again, I realised the garbage truck set is supposedly limited edition. I hope I can find it.

Which reminds me, Twitch's head looks a lot like something I know, but I can't put my finger on what it is...

SECOND EDIT: it's also supposedly limited edition in America. That means it's possibly widely available here.

It's a TRU exclusive, so if you have a TRU near you, you shouldn't have a problem finding it. Plus it will always be available on S@H. :wink:

I don't know if this has been seen or posted yet, but there's a cleaner and larger image of the garbage truck set on Brickset. Image:

7599-1.jpg

I don't know if this has been seen or posted yet, but there's a cleaner and larger image of the garbage truck set on Brickset. Image:

*snip*

Oky Wan already made a gigantic, higher resolution version of that box art a couple of pages back (it's cleaner and larger than Brickset's picture). :wink:
Ladies and Gentletoys, I present to you a hi-res version of the box art, assembled from screenshots of the zoom-in feature on the TRU page of the set by yours truly! :sweet:

EDIT: Images in quotes turned into links

Edited by ILikePi

7599-1.jpg

Is it just me, or does that bear look evil? And the insect man, oh my gosh, the fun you could have with him... :oh:

Is it just me, or does that bear look evil?

Sigh, I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

Yes, that bear is evil. According to the set description (which can be found in the first post), he's the one holding them captive in the garbage truck.

Seriously guys, it's not that hard to read back a page or two.

And where is Svelte? Perhaps if the first post would be kept up to date, we wouldn't have discuss old news over and over again. So, if you're reading this, Svelte, please help us out!

And the insect man, oh my gosh, the fun you could have with him... :oh:

:look: Looking at your avatar, I can only imagine what kind of fun that would be... :tongue:

Oh, you Batheads are all the same! :tongue: Haha, just kidding; those are some great ideas. Batbrick, may I suggest using an army men head?

Already way ahead of you on that front Oky :tongue:

But is it just me, or does Lotso look like a badguy for some reason?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Oky Wan already made a gigantic, higher resolution version of that box art a couple of pages back (it's cleaner and larger than Brickset's picture). :wink:

Whoops! Must've missed that.

I'm fairly sure Twitch's wings won't be retractable. Buzz's wings weren't (although you could simply remove them, but that still looks a bit funny).

I got my first made in China minifigures the other day! Even if the quality is improved, it still bugs me to think that it's not exactly the same as we used to have. That's a pity, because I got that set specifically for the Zurg minifig... :sceptic:

The theme still hasn't drawn me in, and this certainly wouldn't be the thing to do it, but I can't help but love the Duplo western train on Whung's Brickshelf. All of those train parts are taken straight out of my childhood.

Great find! The sets are looking even cooler, and I love those minifigs in the dump truck set! It looks like Chunk's face can be rolled up and down, so he might have an angry face as well as a smiling one!

The purple octopus doesn't seem like a minifig with what seems to be only two pieces, but his facial expression looks nice and it's always good to get more parts in purple. :thumbup:

The driver minifig's face looks really weird - hopefully it'll look better when the designs are finalized. :look:

Great find indeed! You've done your name justice once more, just2good! :grin: Funny how all the TS sets seem to debut in California. :wacko:

Anyway, I was browsing the Lego section of Kmart's website because of their buy-3-get-one-free sale, and to my surprise, they had Lotso's Dump Truck listed (out of stock of course). It has a new pic of the set where you can see the Stretch and Chunk figs quite clearly. I've made a screencap for you guys. Just click the pic below to get to the page.

4480860732_13114c31d8_o.jpg

But more importantly, I found a pic of what appears to be an Alien Claw Machine set! :cry_happy: It looks awesome and I can't wait for it to come out! I can't post it because it's preliminary, so here a link instead: Clicky!