Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

fbtb is reporting that Build-A-Zurg is a store exclusive, which fits with the lack of images and sightings.
Thanks for posting that Svelte! I can't believe that I completely missed it when scanning FBTB's front page! :grin:

It's interesting how it only has 118 pieces, though. It seemed like a lot more.

Also, it's odd how only Construct-A-Zurg is an exclusive set for the January 2010 wave. Perhaps it's because of the large amount of purple pieces? :look:

EDIT: Ah, after looking at the first page, it does seem to have many larger pieces (including some Bionicle ones, the half cylinders, and the big cape).

Edited by ILikePi

Hey, Disney just had the Toy Story 3 set pics removed from my Flickr photostream, so don't look for them there.

Edited by Sir Dano

Disney has canned the photos - well it must be the work of that purple teddy bear ! :devil:

Construct-A-Buzz looks quite good, a few stickers but they are needed - one has his name on it. :classic:

It does look like Buzz in the flesh so to speak and the best thing is one little green dude with three eyes - sweet ! :sweet:

Hey, Disney just had the Toy Story 3 set pics removed from my Flickr photostream, so don't look for them there.

Disney did it? Not Lego? Guess we weren't supposed to know there's a trash compactor scene....

...except that we've had the set names for months now....

I think that Disney is trying to hide Lotso's role as the villain. All the topics about him being one were deleted from the pixar planet forums for I'm assuming the same reason.

Reaper052 :skull:

Yup I found the picks on a flickr account but I'm not sure if it's safe to post a link due to the fact that I don't want him to get into trouble. :wink:

Anyone that knows what an 'internet' is should now be able to find the pics :wink:

Please be advised that the first post will NOT contain working links to those prelims from now on. So if you have them saved, don't delete them as I won't be updating until we get 'official' pics.

Guess we weren't supposed to know there's a trash compactor scene....

Well, you can't always tell from the sets what the movie will be like. Just look at the Indy 'River Chase' set from KOTCS :laugh:

Thanks Rick! It always seemed odd to me that there are only 3 sets in the Duplo run...

Your right 'Svelte' since there is none so far for a particular builder or little tank engine I would expect at least five.

5657 has Jessie and Bullseye

5658 has Buzz with a pick up truck

5659 has Woody with the toy train

Far right corner of that Flickr picture you can clearly see another Disney theme, a Duplo set containing one Lightning McQueen.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Toy Story sets are now available from Argos in the UK.

Managed to pick up Woody and Buzz to the Rescue and Army Men on Patrol today. They're not in the catalogue yet, but they are available online, and you can obtain the 7 digit Argos code online and order in store, or reserve online.

Seems as though they have the whole first wave in stock.

Sweet! They're on argos.ie too! I'll be heading in that way tomorrow or Monday so I'll try and get some. Thanks for the heads up!

Build-a-Buzz is 26.99, Zurg is 27.99. Wonder why. Army Men is 13.99, around the same as Star Wars BPs. RC is 20.49 and still the priority.

Edited by Dunjohn

According to Brickset (which has not even highlighted this news on its front page), there will be 2 more Toy Story sets coming in 2010:

7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue

7599 Garbage Truck Getaway

No picture or further information is available at the moment. I don't know the original source of information either.

By the way, I just found out this is my 100th post which just made me become a Citizen in EB... :classic:

Edited by Alywin

Thanks for the info, Alywin! :thumbup: I wouldn't be surprised if these turn out true, considering 3 is an odd number of sets for a summer release. 7598 is probably the scene from TS2 where Buzz, Ham, Rex, Slinky, and Mr. Potatohead follow Al to the airport, so if there is any chance we get a Potatohead fig this year, this is it, but I'm not holding my breath. And 7599 is probably from a scene from TS3 which follows right after the recently released clip where

Buzz and the toys get thrown out in a trash bag with a garbage truck closing in on Andy's house.

I just wonder why we have seen pics of the previously known sets, but not of these...

Am I the only one who finds the idea of LEGO Toy Story ridiculous?

Not to mention, I think they're overdoing it with all those new licensed themes...

No, but that doesn't mean that everyone comes here to rant about it. If you don't like licensed themes, you should stay out of the Licensed forum because you're not going to make any friends that way. Just a friendly advice.

Woohoo, I hit Argos today and got RC and the giant Buzz. I'm even more disappointed with Buzz now: I knew about the lack of knees and elbows, but I didn't realize he had restrictive ankles and a loose waist. There are virtually no good poses he can pull off. This is gonna take some thinking.

Delighted with RC, though. It's small but very nice-looking, and comes with the two most important figs. It's a shame they're made of cheaper plastic; that plus the high level of detail and non-regular connectors on Buzz's equipment, plus Woody's taller design, means they almost don't feel like Legomen.

Build-a-Zurg was out of stock.

Edited by Dunjohn

I spotted a single copy of 7591 Construct-a-Zurg at Walmart today:

4220596883_cde203a92b.jpg

4221366942_4d92b5a3ae.jpg

There was also one copy of Army Men on Patrol, one of Construct-a-Buzz, one of Buzz's Star Command Spaceship, and a couple of 'Woody's Roundup!'s.

I also checked another Walmart, but they had none of the 2010 sets. :look:

Am I the only one who finds the idea of LEGO Toy Story ridiculous?

Not to mention, I think they're overdoing it with all those new licensed themes...

BOO! :tongue:

It's not really ideal, but it's given us new pieces and at least it's not as bad as Ben 10! :laugh: And what's wrong with the POP liscense?

Picked up the RC set from Argos- really great little set- couldn't resist this shot :wink:

4222164355_84332e2acc_b.jpg

^^^^ "No Buzz, I am your father!"