Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

' LEGO could make a lot more sets from the movie ' - well you're right 'just2good', in fact for the other two films as well. Now this sound like another perfect contest idea, classic scenes from TS movies eh ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I like the idea of that contest!

Oh and does the twitchs head in any way resemble greedo from STARWARS head?

And completely off topic 1000th post of this thread

Edited by BrickClick

Interesting I wonder if they will use Tom Hanks and Tim Allen for this short film ?

It would take more than a short film for Lego to produce any more sets, but it would be nice ! :sweet:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Interesting I wonder if they will use Tom Hanks and Tim Allen for this short film ?

It would take more than a short film for Lego to produce any more sets, but it would be nice ! :sweet:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

True, but on the other hand, this isn't a throwaway flash-in-the-pan movie licence like Prince of Persia or Speed Racer, the Toy Story licence itself has proven profitability and durability. TLG might not need a movie out there in the public eye to shift units.

True, but on the other hand, this isn't a throwaway flash-in-the-pan movie licence like Prince of Persia or Speed Racer, the Toy Story licence itself has proven profitability and durability. TLG might not need a movie out there in the public eye to shift units.

...And true again.

It's been quite a long while since I last saw a Toy Story movie, but I'm sure there are one or two things they could create sets out of...

On another topic, I got an interesting bonus with my Garbage Truck Getaway set, Buzz's legs (standard version, not dirty version like the set has).

Too bad they didnt include a sid minifigure with the garbage truck set since he appeared in the third film. I hope the promo sets comes out in a wider availability soon. It might be like the power miner promos that were released in october.

LegoGalactus

Having not seen the film yet, let me guess Sid drives the garbage truck right ?

So how about Al from Al's Toy Barn from TS2 eh ?

That's the other minifig that could be done - both Sid and Al.

Too bad they didnt include a sid minifigure with the garbage truck set since he appeared in the third film.

Ghaah! My eyes! The film's still new out, we haven't all seen it!

Ghaah! My eyes! The film's still new out, we haven't all seen it!

Don't worry, he's not giving anything away. It's just a little background cameo appearance, and doesn't effect the story at all. I don't think he even says anything.

Having seen the new movie, I really want to buy a set for the figures, I'm just not sure which one to get yet. I like trains, so maybe the western on. And that Pizza Planet Truck is a must have...

Man, I hope this theme doesn't die. I would love to see more sets.

I just saw the movie and i was very good, one of the best movies i have seen in a while. However

while I was watching there were times I remembered what Lego sets have been released that ruined a lot of the suprize, mainly the trash compactor. I realy wish they waited to release that one.....

If you have seen the movie you will know what i am talking about.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOVIE DO NOT READ THE SPOILER I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. :wink:

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOVIE DO NOT READ THE SPOILER I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. :wink:

You didn't ruin anything more than the set did! :laugh:

I really loved this movie. I think that Toy Story will continue to be relevant for years to come, with merchandise continuing to be sold. That's what happened after Toy Story 2 was released, and hopefully happen again. Hopefully this will mean more sets. :classic:

After seeing the movie, I really wish we could get all the major characters we haven't gotten, mainly the Potato Heads, Slinky, Barbie and Ken. I know it's highly unlikely considering the licensing involved.

But com'on. How awesome would a Ken's Dream House set be? :laugh:

Sorry if this is old news but I was just at toys r us (US) and almost all toy story sets were 20% off.

But com'on. How awesome would a Ken's Dream House set be? :laugh:

Well you could always MOC one if you like, I see an idea for a contest brewing, eh ? :grin:

I have noticed sales of TS sets have been slow, even the green army men with the great MOC'ing potential, well I say now the movie starts on the 24th (same day as a major toy sale begins - what timing eh ?) soon here in Oz that might change.

Let's hope Lego doesn't do a Batman to this theme, and can it too early !

Having seen the new movie, I really want to buy a set for the figures, I'm just not sure which one to get yet. I like trains, so maybe the western on. And that Pizza Planet Truck is a must have...

I think the best combo set to get most of the protagonists is Woody's Round-Up (Woody, Jessie, and Bulls-eye) + the Pizza Planet Truck (Buzz, Rex, Hamm, LGM).

Yeah that's my plan too, now that I can't afford the train. It also means I'll get my first baddie (Stinky Pete).

I think the best combo set to get most of the protagonists is Woody's Round-Up (Woody, Jessie, and Bulls-eye) + the Pizza Planet Truck (Buzz, Rex, Hamm, LGM).

Currently, those are the only and final two Toy Story sets on my list (although I haven't seen the Pizza Planet truck set around anywhere yet). And yes, I am getting those for those exact reasons.

Speaking of the Pizza Planet Truck, I keep seeing a car which resembles it. It is a yellow Toyota with the white rear part, and I believe that is the actual car which the Pizza Planet version is based on. I've tried getting photos of it, but it's quite hard to find a specific car...

Instructions of 30072 Woody's Camp Out and another new promo 30073 Buzz's Mini Ship

are uploaded in LEGO.com. This may answer some people's question on the log chair in 30072. :classic:

30072 Woody's Camp Out

30072.jpg

Instruction Link

30073 Buzz's Mini Ship

30073.jpg

Instruction Link

Instructions of 30072 Woody's Camp Out and another new promo 30073 Buzz's Mini Ship

are uploaded in LEGO.com. This may answer some people's question on the log chair in 30072. :classic:

Thanks whung for the instructions. :sweet:

A Buzz promo! I knew it! :cry_happy: The ship itself is pretty neat too, even better than the one from the Alien promo. Now if only we could actually buy these! :sing:

Too bad they didnt include a sid minifigure with the garbage truck set since he appeared in the third film. I hope the promo sets comes out in a wider availability soon. It might be like the power miner promos that were released in october.

That wouldn't make any sense at all since he's not only just a cameo role, but also a human. What sense would it make to have a human in the same scale as the toys? If anything, it would have to be a Scala or Technic fig, but still, that would be one of the last characters we would ever see in a set.

Thanks for that link though! :thumbup: Now I can look out for those easter eggs when I finally watch the movie! However, now I'm sad that they didn't include that neat Cars reference in the Western Train set. :sceptic: Oh well.

Man, I hope this theme doesn't die. I would love to see more sets.

Those are definitely some excellent sets! :thumbup: But KielDaMan is right that the Round Up would be a cheaper solution which would give you the Prospector as well.

I couldn't agree more! :sweet:

How awesome would a Ken's Dream House set be? :laugh:

:oh: *notes on To-Moc list* Looks like I'll have to bricklink some purple slopes. :grin:

I see an idea for a contest brewing, eh ? :grin:

Yes! A TS contest would toyriffic! :sweet: I personally still think POP month should have been TS month, but oh well. :sadnew:

Well, there's the Buzz impulse that I was expecting.

Or promo. It doesn't really matter as bagged impulses don't come out over here (at least, I haven't seen any).

If that's a printed piece in the impulse, it may be of some use...

I'm pretty sure it's printed since it's the same pieces as one used on Build-A-Buzz's arm, and the instructions don't ask you to apply any stickers.

Guess you could say that Buzz's ship is much better armed than the little alien's, hyuk hyuk hyuk!

Okay, two things - 1. How long before the Woody and Buzz mini sets command a high price on BL or ebay ? :grin:

2. Woody just sits on that log seat, plus the ship for Buzz has no weapons, well I guess he does have a built in laser ! :wink:

Who is going to have these 'co-promotion' bags and when ?

30072 Woody's Camp Out

30073 Buzz's Mini Ship

Yay! Another Toy Story "set"! I have to say, 30073 isn't the my favorite TS promotion, but it's not a bad one.

Cool promos, but Buzz's is too similar to the Alien one. At least now we get cheap ways to get these guys.