Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Only 11 days left till the film comes out. I hope the film is as good as the sets.

Im crossing my fingers for a third wave of sets.

LegoGalactus

(1)Only 11 days left till the film comes out. I hope the film is as good as the sets.

(2)I'm crossing my fingers for a third wave of sets.

LegoGalactus

(1) Woohoo! I'm seeing it at midnight! :classic:

(2) Me too! It has so much potential! :cry_happy:

NEW SET!

30072 Woody's Campfire

*snip*

say whaaaaaa?

Where are they going to sell this?

Need sausage! Need Sausage!

Edited by Forresto

A Licenced Impulse? :wacko: I hope that Buzz gets one too. Hopefully its available everywhere but since its in a polybag I doubt it.

Looks nice and I hope they continue to do these polybags of cool characters for a while. This one seems to have quite a few great parts aswell which is always nice to get.

A Licenced Impulse? :wacko:

There is the alien polybag as well :wink:

NEW SET!

30072 Woody's Campfire

4688814891_6cac156b30.jpg

What a great parts pack! Damn why this promos are never availble in Poland :(

EDIT: I think this promo will be avilable in cinemas...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

A Licenced Impulse? :wacko: I hope that Buzz gets one too. Hopefully its available everywhere but since its in a polybag I doubt it.

Looks more like a promotion to me. Well, I haven't seen any bagged impulses here...

It's a bit funny that it's licensed. The strange thing though is that it's not a LGM or army man, it's Woody. There is significantly less of a motive to get more than one, and it's also odd considering Woody is a major character and there's only one.

Great. Another hard to find promo to hunt. :hmpf_bad: A pretty neat one though. But still not as good as the other two IMO. And I agree, if we get a promo with Woody, we should get one with Buzz too!

Is it just me or does it look like Woody's sitting in a wheel chair? :tongue:

Polybagged promo sets from licensed themes aren't really unheard of; there's been a slew of Star Wars ones, after all.

I believe the "wheelchair" is meant to be either a log or a rolled-up sleeping bag / knapsack. Either way, it works for me. This looks like a great promo, even if it won't be strictly "necessary."

:classic:

NEW SET!

30072 Woody's Campfire

Ooohh! :sweet: Why can't we get this one with the Tesco bananas? :grin:

Any ideas on how they built the log/chair? Could it be a couple of these in reddish brown: 2444.png

say whaaaaaa?

Where are they going to sell this?

Need sausage! Need Sausage!

Kinda funny how many people only have sausage on their mind (get it?). :laugh:

Polybagged promo sets from licensed themes aren't really unheard of; there's been a slew of Star Wars ones, after all.

I think SW and Licensed are considered two separate things on here. :wink: And in that context, this is indeed something new.

This looks like a great promo, even if it won't be strictly "necessary."

Technically, no Lego is "strictly necessary". :tongue:

Ooohh! :sweet: Why can't we get this one with the Tesco bananas? :grin:

At least you can one of the promos! :hmpf_bad:

Any ideas on how they built the log/chair? Could it be a couple of these in reddish brown: 2444.png

Yeah, probably those on an upside-down 2x4 tile.

I don't Lego make some small lincensed models about 6.99 price?

I don't know what currency that is, but I'd say they're 4.99 USD at the most.

I think SW and Licensed are considered two separate things on here. :wink: And in that context, this is indeed something new.

Well, Star Wars really differs from other licenses only in that it's massively popular on an ongoing basis, and has been around a good decade now (!) with lots of sets; it's just a particularly prosperous, "evergreen" licensed theme (I presume that if any one other licensed theme were around as long as SW and had a comparable number of releases and fans, it'd have its own separate forum here too, right?).

Anyway, my point is simply that the existence of SW polybagged promos shows TLG isn't inherently against the idea of doing such sets for licensed themes.

Technically, no Lego is "strictly necessary". :tongue:

Blasphemy!

:tongue::wink:

I don't know what currency that is, but I'd say they're 4.99 USD at the most.

Indeed, the last several I've seen IRL have all been sold at Target for $2.99 to $3.99 USD. I'm hopeful these Toy Story promos appear there (does anyone know if they will, or indeed will get any kind of US release?).

Indeed, the last several I've seen IRL have all been sold at Target for $2.99 to $3.99 USD. I'm hopeful these Toy Story promos appear there (does anyone know if they will, or indeed will get any kind of US release?).

During a holiday like Halloween or Easter at Target. That's were I've seen polybags in the past.

It's not a bad promo set though I don't think it's anything to write home about, I'd much rather a Buzz one to be honest, I'm just not a huge Woody fan

During a holiday like Halloween or Easter at Target. That's were I've seen polybags in the past.

Yes, that seems to be a constant - though I also noticed just a week or so ago that they've got an Atlantis polybag now, at least at one of the two Targets near me. It's a little promo set of a squid-like thing, and it's right up by the registers.

Only 11 days left till the film comes out. I hope the film is as good as the sets.

I have every confidence it'll be wonderful; Pixar has shown an unswerving commitment to doing great work. At this point I'd follow them to the ends of the earth.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

NEW SET!

30072 Woody's Campfire

4688814891_6cac156b30.jpg

I can't figure out how the log is constructed.

I have every confidence it'll be wonderful; Pixar has shown an unswerving commitment to doing great work. At this point I'd follow them to the ends of the earth.

Hear, hear! :thumbup:

I can't figure out how the log is constructed.

Check the last page.

Yay 2 more days.

I guess the reason Bo peep and wheezy weren't in any sets in the second wave is since they only appear in flashbacks for the film. I hope there is a third wave that includes them both.

LegoGalactus

Hear, hear! :thumbup:

Check the last page.

Hmm, I don't think so. Woody would need to be perfectly balanced on the runner and he looks pretty stable. As well as that, the gap he's sitting in looks wider than his legs, and what what really got me wondering was why the two round 2x4 bricks were facing the same way.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a 1x2x2 panel, but I'm still not sure.

Oh man, am I overthinking stuff tonight.

Edited by Dunjohn

7789 Lotso’s Dump Truck ($19.99 USD)

4364118587_913ea5b4eb_o.jpg

Uhm... is there a YELLOW construction helmet in this set? As I recall, that otherwise super-common piece has been released in yellow colour last time more than 30 years ago. :classic:

(A little off topic)

I saw Toy Story 3 at midnight yesterday, and I have to say, it IS the best movie ever! :thumbup::cry_happy: It was sad, yet funny and nostalgic. LEGO could make a lot more sets from the movie. :classic:

' LEGO could make a lot more sets from the movie ' - well you're right 'just2good', in fact for the other two films as well. Now this sound like another perfect contest idea, classic scenes from TS movies eh ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: