Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

New clear LEGO TS3 Garbage Truck Getaway pictures (clear not like the ones from 3/15/10)!

Mini figs (Jessie has a new sad face and Buzz has an angry face):

4441289737_41859e66ca_o.jpg

Twitch Close up:

4441290103_630151f591_o.jpg

Just box:

4442172040_967365bac6_o.jpg

Photo set of them (with more pictures):

7599 TS3

Ask me if you want more of 7599's box pictures.

Edited by just2good

Wow, thanks for those pics! You truly are just too good. :grin: It looks like Twitch has indeed some Geonosian-style wings. They look white, but I hope they are transparent. :sweet: His eyes look a little pointy though... oh well.

And apparently the truck is in fact 10-wide! :oh3: Not sure if that's a good thing, considering it will be too big to integrate into City, but since I don't collect City, I don't really care. It looks like it has a new 10-wide windscreen! This should be useful. :thumbup:

By the way, why did you block out the web address of where you got that pic? :look:

Edit: OMG! I just noticed that the figs have dirt and different facial expression prints!!! :wub:

@ just2good: Do you think you could get us hi-res pics of any of the other sets? :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Wow, thanks for those pics! (2) You truly are just too good. :grin: It looks like Twitch has indeed some Geonosian-style wings. They look white, (3)but I hope they are transparent. :sweet: His eyes look a little pointy though... oh well.

And apparently the truck is in fact 10-wide! :oh3: Not sure if that's a good thing, considering it will be too big to integrate into City, but since I don't collect City, I don't really care. It looks like it has a new 10-wide windscreen! This should be useful. :thumbup:

(1) By the way, why did you block out the web address of where you got that pic? :look:

(1) Ya. It was on TRU, but it got removed I blocked it so Disney won't completely destroy it, but I can PM you it. :wink::tongue:

(2) Thats why I choose the username! :grin:

(3) It would be awesome if they were transparent!!! :oh::sweet:

Anyone notice the orange hands? :thumbup: But it seems they are a different shade of orange don't you think? Anyways, Toy Story seems to be an excellent theme! :thumbup: Those dirt on the figs are :wub: .

Edited by Jar Jar

Ladies and Gentletoys, I present to you a hi-res version of the box art, assembled from screenshots of the zoom-in feature on the TRU page of the set by yours truly! :sweet:

4442648784_d312666855.jpg

twitch.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Great find just2good, and thanks sooo much for the box art stitching endeavor, Oky Wan! (Now you know how tedious it is :laugh:)

Twitch looks very cool, and I love how the minifigs have different expressions and dirt printings on them! :wub:

Unfortunately it means I won't be able to get the "regular" versions of the minifigs, but I don't care since it's excellent that TLG would actually go to the extent of making the minifigs look as close to what they probably will look like in the upcoming movie. :sweet:

Oh, and by the way, the price of the set is $44.99 USD according to TRU. Not really sure if it's that good of a deal, but I'll wait for more pictures or a review before making up my mind. There's so many amazing sets coming out this year! :thumbup:

Anyone notice the orange hands? :thumbup: But it seems they are a different shade of orange don't you think? Anyways, Toy Story seems to be an excellent theme! :thumbup: Those dirt on the figs are :wub: .
It's probably just the lighting - I compared the green to my Squidman minifig and my brick separator, and my minifig and brick separator are both much darker than the green in the picture. :wink:

thanks sooo much for the box art stitching endeavor, Oky Wan! (Now you know how tedious it is :laugh:)

Boy, do I! :hmpf: Especially when you're a short-sighted perfectionist like me.

Hopefully I'll get one of those neat tags in return.

:grin:

Oh, and by the way, the price of the set is $44.99 USD according to TRU. Not really sure if it's that good of a deal, but I'll wait for more pictures or a review before making up my mind. There's so many amazing sets coming out this year! :thumbup:

I bet (or hope) that's just the TRU mark-up because previous info told us that it would be $40. :sceptic:

And don't worry, as soon as I can get my hands on this beauty, I will get it and review it! :wink:

seems like there will be 2 kinds of buzz in this theme.. :D normal buzz and dirty buzz! :D oh boy...

The new expressions and mud spots look sweet! Im glad the minifigs are getting some really great variations in this theme

The garbage truck looks like a good set but I'm actually disappointed with the twitch figure. I was hoping it would be a new body mold like for lotso or chunk but he looks disproportionate as a minifig.

Thanks Oky, great looking stuff here. Love the dark green on the truck and that Alien toy fig is wonderful! I could easily paint the yellow part of that torso red and use it to make the martian Manhunter from DC! That's right, no matter the set, I'll find a way to comics convert it :tongue:

Still, not a whole lot intriguing about the rest of it for me, so it seems I'll be passing this up unless it is at a bargain price, which is doubtful.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

twitch.jpg

Thanks, oky, for the pics! ) :classic::thumbup:

Now that's one nice headpiece! That would work greatly for THE BATMAN-style Killer Moth. From that one and only more or less good episode of the show about Team Penguin! ) :tongue:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

seems like there will be 2 kinds of buzz in this theme.. :D normal buzz and dirty buzz! :D oh boy...

Three if you count the one from the magnet set with green instead of lime printing. :wink:

The garbage truck looks like a good set but I'm actually disappointed with the twitch figure. I was hoping it would be a new body mold like for lotso or chunk but he looks disproportionate as a minifig.

I can't really agree; I really like the look of him, and his parts are much more reusable this way.

I could easily paint the yellow part of that torso red and use it to make the martian Manhunter from DC! That's right, no matter the set, I'll find a way to comics convert it :tongue:
Now that's one nice headpiece! That would work greatly for THE BATMAN-style Killer Moth.

Oh, you Batheads are all the same! :tongue: Haha, just kidding; those are some great ideas. Batbrick, may I suggest using an army men head?

Wow thats epic box stiching... :wink::oh:

Oh yea and Oky... I'm gonna reveiw it first once I get it!!! :P

Thanks.

We'll see about that! :devil:

Wow! I very like the dump truck, but why are "toys are so big"?

I think that has been discussed to death by now. The real question is "why is the truck so small?"; and the answer, I believe, is cost and playability. :wink:

Does anyone know if woody has a sad expression in the alien trash compactor?

Oh, that would be great! :cry_happy: Same goes for Hamm! I'm having my fingers crossed!

The 10-wide "model team" windscreen isn't totally new, just a new color of a part that hasn't been seen in a while. (3x10x3 windscreen on bricklink)

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I had a feeling it wasn't all that new.

Hmm...Bossk head on Twitch body= Lizard! :sweet:

That wouldn't work since Bossk is sand green. Besides, isn't Bossk lizzard enough? :tongue:

@Svelte: How about another update of the first post? Would be great if you could deeplink the new set pics.

To infinity and beyond! :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I noticed that Lego never had put arm printing for a laser for Buzz. The details on all of the figures make up for it. Is it me or does Lotso dump truck now has heads instead of 2x2 bricks? :wacko:

I noticed that Lego never had put arm printing for a laser for Buzz.

Well, arm prints are very, very rare in general, so that's no surprise to me. It's probably good this way because otherwise even more people would argue that they are too accurate. :hmpf:

Is it me or does Lotso dump truck now has heads instead of 2x2 bricks? :wacko:

Based on what picture? :look: In the latest one we got, it clearly looks like 2x2s to me.

That wouldn't work since Bossk is sand green. Besides, isn't Bossk lizzard enough? :tongue:

I suppose you're right. :tongue:

Anyway, these pictures (thanks for taking the time to stitch it together for us, btw!) have completely changed my mind. The Pizza truck is suddenly boring in comparison. :laugh:

This truck is very cool looking, plus the figures will be nice in my collection! :sweet:

In the meantime, I'm so excited to see how Toy Story 3 ends!! :laugh:

Hmm...

Twitch looks great, I can imagine the head returning if it isn't a trademark. The dirty versions of Buzz and Lotso are nice, but I don't share that enthusiasm with the new Jessie minifig, as I won't get the regular version.

I just realised the garbage truck is quite nice by itself. Might be able to fit in with City sets.

Well, arm prints are very, very rare in general, so that's no surprise to me. It's probably good this way because otherwise even more people would argue that they are too accurate. :hmpf:

Based on what picture? :look: In the latest one we got, it clearly looks like 2x2s to me.

At a point of view it had looked like heads. After looking at it closer it was 2x2 bricks.