Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Just saw the Toy Story magnet set at The Brothers Brick, and it looks great! Now I don't have to get any sets from the first wave of Toy Story sets except for Army Men on Patrol. :sweet:

Hopefully there will be a magnet set with the Prospector and Jessie in it in the future!

I also wish that Zurg would be put in a magnet set, but unfortunately it looks like he never will because of his big slope instead of legs. :sad:

852949-1.jpg

Interesting news and this will push down the price of the LGM a little!

Oky Wan and Pi, I've updated the first post and given you credit :wink:

I thought they were stuck on?

Not since the new style of magnet sets with detachable figs was introduced in Jan 09.

Im really tempted to buy the whole wave now cause I just went back and read the reviews of the sets I dont have and watching the films in 3D. If I only had the money! :cry_sad:

Those keyrings look great!

I thought that part was in the 2nd movie? It looks nice, I wonder how much it will cost...

Well actually the Pizza Planet Truck is in every Pixar movie!

Wow! Thanks for the news guys! That magnet set is exactly what I thought it would be. Personally, I would have preferred Zurg instead of Woody, but I guess Pi is right, there's no way of putting him on one of these magnets.

Not too crazy about the keychains, but I guess as a collector, I'll have to get 'em.

Oky Wan and Pi, I've updated the first post and given you credit :wink:

Thanks! Now if you could just add the keychains and the SAH link for the magnets, and remove the s around my name, it would be very appreciated. :wink:

Question about keyrings and magnets from someone who doesn't own any: Are they exactly the same as "real" minifigs? Like, EXACTLY? Like, if I got some and dumped the chains and magnetic bricks, and stored/used them with my regular minifigs, would I notice any difference?

Well, magnet figs tend to be the cheap China plastic, but since Woody is always Made In China anyway, you wont notice any difference on him, but Buzz and the LGM might be different since they come in the good quality in the sets, at least their bodies do.

Keychain figs on the other hand are usually the same quality as their set counterparts, but their torso is usually glued to the hips. Not to mention the big hole in the head and neck that remains when you pull out the chain. :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Sweet, I like that Jessie keychain! Hopefully there'll be a Stinky Pete/Prospector keychain too, as I really want him. :sweet:

Thanks! Now if you could just add the keychains and the SAH link for the magnets, and remove the s around my name, it would be very appreciated. :wink:
I'd also like it if the spaces between each word of my name were removed. :classic:
Well, magnet figs tend to be the cheap China plastic, but since Woody is always Made In China anyway, you wont notice any difference on him, but Buzz and the LGM might be different since they come in the good quality in the sets, at least their bodies do.

Keychain figs on the other hand are usually the same quality as their set counterparts, but their torso is usually glued to the hips. Not to mention the big hole in the head and neck that remains when you pull out the chain. :tongue:

Actually, keychains are also made in China. Most minifigs that comes pre-assembled or are part of the "extended line" (keychains, watches, magnet sets, tic-tac-toe, etc) is made in China. :sad:

It doesn't stop me from buying them, though, as they are too cool to pass up!

Th e pizza planet truck looks great, and is indeed a great way to get some good figures it most likely will be arount the $25-30

Well actually the Pizza Planet Truck is in every Pixar movie!

I didnt know it was in all of them, i saw it in finding nemo.

Yeah, I can't afford any of the Jessie sets. May get the magnet set.

Sweet, I like that Jessie keychain! Hopefully there'll be a Actually, keychains are also made in China. Most minifigs that comes pre-assembled or are part of the "extended line" (keychains, watches, magnet sets, tic-tac-toe, etc) is made in China. :sad:

It doesn't stop me from buying them, though, as they are too cool to pass up!

Hm... Maybe I was just lucky then? Because two out of four keychains that I have (Harley Quin & CW Obi Wan) seem to be normal quality whereas the other two (shark warrior & chrome gold minifig) have the low-quality marks under their arms. :look:

I didnt know it was in all of them, i saw it in finding nemo.

You can check out this wiki page to see all of its appearances. :wink:

The Trash Compacter will be useful for getting two aliens at one time.

If that's all you're after, why not just get two magnet sets? Much cheaper than the Compactor. Also, both Build-a-Buzz and Build-a-Zurg have one, and together they are the same price as the Compactor. But if you're just talking about getting two in a single set, then yes, the Compactor is the only way to go.

Keep in mind, everybody, that the keychain chains might be hard to remove on these due to the size their heads.

I kinda hope they'll make an LGM keychain at some point. That would be neat.

Btw, Buttercup minifig anyone? :grin:

404px-Poster-buttercup.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

If that's all you're after, why not just get two magnet sets? Much cheaper than the Compactor. Also, both Build-a-Buzz and Build-a-Zurg have one, and together they are the same price as the Compactor. But if you're just talking about getting two in a single set, then yes, the Compactor is the only way to go.

That's not all I'm after. The pieces included look useful for MOC's, and I really want Lotso. The Trash Compacter could be worth picking up. :thumbup:

Well what do you know - there IS a keychain with an LGM! :sweet:

852950-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Sweet! These keyrings are tempting but if I was going to buy a keyring I would probably use it for its intended purpose

Me too, at least one of them. :grin:

I bet that ring is looped through the antenna, much easier to remove then.

I bet that ring is looped through the antenna, much easier to remove then.

I just saw the keyrings and magnet set at a Lego Store -- for the LGM, the usual metal loop for the keychain is stuck in his head just behind the antenna. It's probably more secure that way; I imagine the antenna might snap off if they put the ring through it.

The quality on the figures looks good though, despite being made in China. Maybe the quality-control has improved... we can only hope.

New pic:

20057_104045096291495_100000580144950_109939_6574568_n.jpg

The pizza planet truck looks very nice. :wub: It doubt it's the final since there are no stickers (I prefer printed pieces Lego) in the picture. I hope Lego keeps Hamm and Rex in the final version of it. I'm sad that there wont be a Bo Peep, Slinky or Mr and Mrs. Potato Head minifigure(unless Lego has a suprise for us).

Here are the box photos of 7596-7599, 7789, 5657-5659 and 5691.

It seems that 7599 and 5691 have not been seen before. 7599 is limited edition!

7596-box.jpg

7597-box.jpg

7598-box.jpg

7599-box.jpg

7789-box.jpg

5657-box.jpg

5658-box.jpg

5659-box.jpg

5691-box.jpg