Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Weird. It was showing up a minute ago. I have edited my post with a different link.

What is this I keep hearing about a Captain Rex minifig in the train set? :wacko: Maybe I misread something?...

Not Captain :laugh:

It's this dinosaur.

Does anyone know if Jessie's Round Up will be compatible with Woody's Round Up? Woody's Round Up has those modular connections along the base, except that with only two buildings, there's not that much variety. If you can make a whole Western town by combining Woody's Round Up, Jessie's Round Up and the Western Train Chase, I might just be tempted to collect them all.

Also, why are some of the upcoming Toy Story sets listed on various Lego sites as being 'Duplo'? They don't look Duplo, from the pictures I've seen.

I would say that since 'Jessie's Roundup' is DUPLO the answer is not really. In any case you get Jessie in Woody's Roundup anyway ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'David Thomsen' ! :sweet:

I would say that since 'Jessie's Roundup' is DUPLO the answer is not really. In any case you get Jessie in Woody's Roundup anyway ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'David Thomsen' ! :sweet:

How do you know it's Duplo? The Western Train Chase is also listed as Duplo on various sites, when it's clearly not.

Oh wait... there's also one called the 'Great Train Chase'. No wonder I was getting confused.

guys i had an idea for woodys head change his face into watchmen that guy with the white face forgot his name

guys i had an idea for woodys head change his face into watchmen that guy with the white face forgot his name

You mean Rorschach, the most badass comic book character of all time? :laugh: Won't work, Woody's face is molded so it would be really hard. You could use Cad Bane's new hat mold though.

Personally, I like Ozymandias and the Comedian. :wink:

Anyone have any LEGO Toy Story 3 pictures from the london toy fair?

I was curious about this too, I wonder how long this line will last.

How does Woody look like Rorschach? :wacko: No, there are much better ways to make a Rorschach fig.

Anyone have any LEGO Toy Story 3 pictures from the london toy fair?

Yes, but I'm mean, and I wont show 'em. :tongue:

Sarcasm aside, it was said that the TS3 sets were inside a black box and only a selected few were allowed a peek at them, and photography was not allowed there in general, so I highly doubt there are any pics of them. And even if there were, we would have seen them already. Disney is being very careful about releasing info on their upcoming films. I wouldn't be surprised if there wont be any pics from the NYTF either. :sadnew:

If there were pics, and we posted them, we'd probably be asked to take them down in any case. As Oky Wan says, Disney is being very protective of its property.

Now that we've seen the (hideous!) Duplo Cars, I am curious to see what they do with Duplo Toy Story.

Now that we've seen the (hideous!) Duplo Cars, I am curious to see what they do with Duplo Toy Story.

I hope dey do fat widdwe figoos dat fit nicewy in my chubby widdwe haans. Honestly though, I think Duplo might be a nice size for those oddly shaped characters. Though the system Rex and Hamm probably look pretty nice too, I can't wait to see pics soon (unless they also get black-boxed at NY Toy Fair, but I don't think that's ever happened before).

Funny that they'd send prelims of a set that is already out to the Canadian Toy Fair, but I'm pretty sure it is just prelim. So much is wrong at the CA Toy Fair.

some great set ideas could be

The Barbie Car with Barbie,Mr P.,Slinky,Hamm,Rex,and Bonus Belt Bus

THE CLAW!!!! with Buzz,Woody,Aliens x4

Bank-Bo Peep,Mr P.,Woody,Rex,Slinky

and maybe a Set containg all of Andy's toys for $15 it would include Woody,Buzz,Jessie,Bullseye,LGMx3,Bo Peep,Slinky,Rex,Hamm,Mr P.,Mrs P.,Army men(they would be ahttp://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3062b)and maybe even Zurg,Lotso and Pete

Toysrus.ca has posted pictures and prices for some of the upcoming toy story sets. Enjoy ! Courtesy of Toys N Bricks.

LEGO 7596 Alien Trash Compactor ~$49.99 USD / $69.99 CAD

4344173485_f814d05ed0.jpg

LEGO 7597 Western Train Chase ~$79.99 USD / $109.99 CAD

4344909720_34dde8a6af.jpg

Edited by BlueDragonZ

Rex!

--

I think it is a safe bet we won't see barbies or Mr. Potato head or other assets to LEGO's competitors in this theme.

Edited by vexorian

Ooh, thanks for those nice pictures.

Really, they make me more intrigued for the movie then the sets themselves. Does the Lotso bear run a trash compactor? Or do the Aliens? Why is it called Alien Trash Compacter, does that mean the trash compactor is for compacting aliens? I sure want to find out.

The train looks nice. Rex and Hamm look as they should, and it's cool to get a cow-catcher and an overall western-styled train. It looks like it might run on regular LEGO track too, I wonder if there will be some Power FUnctions modifications or something to make it run. That would make the train fans happy (and I'm sure it would make other people happy as well).

I really don't like how Hamm has that hat. I hope its removable because I don't want to have to buy both sets to get Hamm and Rex. Lotso seems like a weird shade of pink too, I'm hoping this is just the lighting and he turns out less bright.

Otherwise the sets themselves look much better than the prelimanary pictures. Is the train dark red? And the crane is dark green which is always good to have more of.

Hopefully picture of Lotso's truck surface soon, as well as the rumored fourth and fifth sets.

Reaper052 :skull:

Thanks for the new pics! Looking at that train, I can see that Rex has poseable arms, and Ham seems to indeed have a bowler hat! :sweet: Trash compactor looks pretty much the same, except they seem to have changed the colors on the crane a bit.

-LEGO 7596 Alien Trash Compactor $69.99 CAD

-LEGO 7597 Western Train Chase $109.99 CAD

-LEGO 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway $54.99 CAD

I'm guessing the USD prices will be $49.99, $99.99, $39.99. This gives us a little hint at what size the Garbage Truck set is. I'm guessing it will be a minifig-scale version of the garbage truck you can see at 1:42 in this preview with Buzz, Jessie, and some other figs.

ahahaha that LEGO 7596 Alien Trash Compactor will look good with all my alien minifigs!

Indeed it will. :laugh: Once you get, you should make a picture where that incinerator is filled with your LGMs, and one is being picked up by the claw, saying "I have been chosen!" :grin:

I wonder if there will be some Power FUnctions modifications or something to make it run.

I kinda doubt it, but it sure would be good! :thumbup:

I really don't like how Hamm has that hat. I hope its removable because I don't want to have to buy both sets to get Hamm and Rex.

Do you really think they would make a different mold for the same character just for the addition of a hat? :hmpf: No, I'm sure he has a stud on his head for placing the hat on it.

Lotso seems like a weird shade of pink too, I'm hoping this is just the lighting and he turns out less bright.

Is the train dark red?

Yeah, the lighting seems to be a bit off on these. For example, Buzz' armor is a much brighter shade of green than it really is. Therefore, I don't think the train is dark red.

Hopefully picture of Lotso's truck surface soon, as well as the rumored fourth and fifth sets.

Indeed, let's hope! :thumbup:

I bet the coins in the Trash Compactor set are there so that you can put them into Ham. I wonder how you get 'em out though. :look:

Do you really think they would make a different mold for the same character just for the addition of a hat? :hmpf: No, I'm sure he has a stud on his head for placing the hat on it.

Well, I'm sure it comes from the China factory, so who knows.

Speaking of studs though, it's nice to see studs on Rex's back, so that you can seat a figure on there. That certainly adds playability to the Rex figure. Lotso, on the other hand, looks a little too non-Lego without a single stud on him, and being very styles like he is. Toy Story certainly brings some new sorts of things.

Thanks for the pictures BlueDragonZ!

Both sets seem to have made a gigantic improvement from the preliminary pics we saw a while ago. :thumbup:

What's interesting though is the price to parts ratios. On TRU the Trash Compactor set is $70 CAD, but there are only 370 pieces! The same with Western Train Chase: $110 CAD for 584 pieces! Hopefully that is just TRU's overpricing at work. :look:

Another interesting thing is that Hamm with the bowler hat in Western Train Chase is called "Evil Doctor Porkchops" in the TRU description. Perhaps something takes control of Hamm in Toy Story 3?

Time is running out! Rex is trapped in a boxcar that's packed with dynamite rigged by Evil Doctor Porkchops! Can his friends rescue him in time? As Woody fights Porkchops on the roof, Buzz Lightyear is flying in for the rescue while Jessie tries to catch up to the run-away train riding Bullseye. Set includes Evil Doctor Porkchops, Rex, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie and Bullseye figures. Train features four train cars with opening doors and roofs, and traps on the roof for more action!
The evil Lotso is planning on getting rid of the other toys once and for all! Woody and Hamm got thrown into the garbage and are now stuck on the conveyer belt heading straight for the incinerator. Can their alien friends use the crane and claw to rescue them in time? Or will Lotso be victorious? Set includes Lotso, Hamm, Woody and alien figures, and trash compactor play set with functioning crane claw, dumpster and conveyer belt.

Direct links:

7597 Western Train Chase

7599 Trash Compactor Escape

Box art of 7599 Trash Compactor Escape

Edited by ILikePi