Christian

City 2010

Does anyone think Lego will go back to green and black road plates? :cry_happy:

The better question is do you think they will lower the prices?

LEGO had the green and grey ones for $7USD, maybe even $6, for several months when the new all grey ones (that you think would be cheaper) were $12! That's insane.

May I just say something? These sets are still 4 months away, at least! Why all the comotion? Yes, while it's nice to see what the sets are like, what's wrong with suprises?

It's hardly like your going to die before they're released, surely?

Because we are ravid city fans and this is what we do all day :tongue:

It doesn't happen like it use to in the past, when I first joined there was prelim pics of all the LEGO sets all over the frontpage

That doesn't happen anymore

I first found EB and joined because of the leaked images

Also sometimes LEGO does throw us surprises that were not listed and come as a total shock

:classic:

The piglets set looks nice. Do I spot this piece? (bottom left corner of the box, on the corral)

69c01.png

The piglets set looks nice. Do I spot this piece? (bottom left corner of the box, on the corral)

69c01.png

* Holding laptop 5 cm from eye *

I feel crazy arguing over 10 x 10 pixels, but I guess its a jumper plate with a tap piece. Hope we'll see some higher resolution pictures of all City sets soon. After seeing the first pictures and the new set names, I'm starting to get a good feeling about City 2010.

Do I spot this piece? (bottom left corner of the box, on the corral)

69c01.png

I think the return of that piece would be great, with or without it this looks to be a excellent set. The return of the 'Tap Piece' would just be a bonus to me. We are been given the ultimate of Civilian Themes, the Farm, as a Child this would have been the greatest Lego of all time, as an Adult it is even better. The 2010 line up seems the perfect mix of Child Friendly Emergency Services, combined with a few great (for the AFOL) sets of The Farm.

I did not buy the Big Farm set of 2009 (I was happy with the tractor), and I am very pleased this theme continues with the Piglet Set (an absolute must), and hopefully an impulse set (again an absolute must buy).

I'm sorry, but apart from the fact that that is a Fire Boat, it looks nothing like the Lego version.

Lego employs talented staff to develop new sets and themes, whilst Far Eastern Clone Brick Manufacturers employ drones to render existing Lego Designs, and Themes, into an inferior quality medium.

New Pictures Linked By Black Rabbit

The Octan Tanker is beatifull, everything I had hoped for. Fits perfectly with the excisting trucks (the container truck & flatbed from construction site). It's like they have updated the Classic Town Shell Truck, to the City 21st Century standard, with the same elegance of design that the Cement and Garbage Trucks display. That looks like a great set.

I'm not to into Airports, but I love the Yellow Seaplane, and the curved windows of the airport terminal look excellent. The inside of the Airport Terminal looks relatively well detailed to be fair.

A green dustbin?

Yes Please!

I just wish the Piglet Set was displayed aswell, but I am more than pleased with these sets. The Tanker Truck has exceeded my expectations!

A great find

Edited by mikey

I :wub: the new fire helicopter, finally one with a decent size and a "bucket".

And the big plane parts it's made of seem to be 6-wide instead of 8-wide. :thumbup:

The tank truck is very nice aswell, if that's the final release version, it's a definite must-buy for me.

The new airport also looks nice, I might consider getting it to replace the 2006 airport which is currently placed in my city.

The Octan tanker is good. I'm not sure yet about the airport or the fire helicopter (the modern airplanes just are too much composed of big pieces to my taste). The seaplane is cute. Wasn't the fire 4 x 4 supposed to be towing a speedboat? It could be a nice set. Too bad the fire station and tractor with pigs aren't displayed.

That old fire truck with 10197 is a MOC, right? :wink:

I might go for the new airport.

The fire chopper looks pretty cool, as does the tanker truck. I'll probably get those two. Nice.

The tank truck looks really nice, but i can't agree with the helicopter. That big one piece front is just terrible. It looks like playmobil to me :thumbdown: I know there have been such big pieces already before, but that (new?) one looks really bad. Why not build the front with bricks, like on the coast guard helicopter? :sceptic:

I like the truck, although it's made with huge pieces. And what's up with the firefighters' helicopter? I mean, it looks relatively good, but why that big <insert that tiresome argument> piece as a front? We've always seen nice brick-built fronts for small/medium airplanes... But no, I don't want this? That doesn't look like LEGO at all! Normaly I'm not worried about <insert that tiresome argument> pieces, but it just looks awfull here. :sceptic:

The airport seems a bit too small and kiddy. But hey, it's LEGO. It seems that they'll never release another airport as similair as the '90s ones...

I'm completely sold on the Octan tanker and seaplane. These are great and MUST buys! The fire 4x4 and fire helicopter look good also, not totally sold on the 6 wide 4x4 or the front of the helicopter but it could work.

Not so sold on the airport though...it's not that much better than the old one...

EDIT: Now that I have had a longer look (That Octan tanker is gorgeous), that fire helicopter is hideous. Purely due to the front.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

I hadn't really noticed the Big Horrible Red Thing (I was to busy drooling over the gorgeous Octan Tanker), but...

but i can't agree with the helicopter. That big one piece front is just terrible. It looks like playmobil to me

Spot on, it does look like Playmobile, not like Lego. I can't see a single stud on it.

And what's up with the firefighters' helicopter? I mean, it looks relatively good, but why that big <insert that tiresome argument> piece as a front?

Agreed. And the same with the Airplane. I had the Classic Town Aircraft from the 80's (great as aircraft, or you could use the pieces for anything you liked). The modern large Lego aircraft (whilst looking reasonably realistic), just don't look like Lego.

This must be very disapointing for any Adult Fan of Lego Aircraft.

Edited by mikey

Agreed. And the same with the Airplane. I had the Classic Town Aircraft from the 80's (great as aircraft, or you could use the pieces for anything you liked). The modern large Lego aircraft (whilst looking reasonably realistic), just don't look like Lego.

This must be very disapointing for any Adult Fan of Lego Aircraft.

I haven't bought the airport that was released in 05-06, just because of those ugly airplanes. I still stick with the good old ones. And I'll probably won't buy this new one, just because of those airplanes. Aargh, I still can't imagine how LEGO has screwed up what could be a good looking helicopter. I'll probably buy it if it isn't expensive, only to make my own cockpit for it!

I would say the octan tanker looks great. The plane is just the same as the others, and also the airport is not something interesting. However, the tower would do nice in my city.

The Octan tanker is good. I'm not sure yet about the airport or the fire helicopter (the modern airplanes just are too much composed of big pieces to my taste). The seaplane is cute. Wasn't the fire 4 x 4 supposed to be towing a speedboat? It could be a nice set. Too bad the fire station and tractor with pigs aren't displayed.

That old fire truck with 10197 is a MOC, right? :wink:

I think the fire helicopter is too un-realistic and i think that 4x4 comes w/ the copter because that big round thing is legos version of the water drop buckets that are used from helicopters. I think (I hope) lego is holding out on the fire truck with boat. I also hope it isn't going to be a remake of this!

By the way, thanks for the pics, but i think half of lego city fire 2010 is hopeless.

Thank you very much for this pic and the link, Black Rabbit! :classic:

To the Fire Truck (With Boat): :thumbdown:

Regrettably the boat can't been seen on the pic. But I really do not like the car to be six stuck wide - that would really not have been necessary - and the two axes on its front look reallly out of place!

To the Fire Helicopter: :sceptic:

can't agree with the helicopter. That big one piece front is just terrible. It looks like playmobil to me :thumbdown:

I totally agree with you, metalandi!

Like the CG Helicopter this Fire Helicopter is much too huge and looks much too <insert that tiresome argument>. I hoped for a small helicopter similar to the awesome one in the Helicopter Transport set from this year. :sadnew:

To the Octan Tank Truck: :thumbup:

For my layout it's much too big - but I think that kids will surely love it since it's desgined well and even includes car doors.

To the Big Airport: :wub:

I really like this Airport set! Especially the buildings look really realistic and very well designed and the interior is great, too! :thumbup:

I even like that TLG put the tower extra and not on top of the main building.

And it's great to see that we'll be getting a new female torso. I hope that this torso does not contain some sort of Airport sign - so you could use it as a civilian torso, too!

The only two things I don't like are that the airplane is aagain that huge and that the upper floors in the airport have no railing. :sadnew:

The exterior of the tower and the main building are that perfectly designed that imo these are the best Aiport buildings TLG has been producing until now! :thumbup:

To the Seaplane: :wub:

I'm really surprised that this is that a small and lovely set! I really like the classic style of the plane. And the anemometer with the Octan barrel is a nice addition.

I'm not sure yet but perhaps I'll buy this set.

It's a pity that they didn't display the Impulse sets, the Small Car and the Repair Vehicle there, too. Hopefully we'll be getting pics of these sets soon, too.

Btw: Did you notice that the Octan Tank Truck includes green car doors?! :oh: This means a great possibility to get some cars with green doors :thumbup: - perhaps a taxi in the TRU Exclusive in summer (like it was seen in the drawings of the City Square and the Public Transportation Center)?!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter