Christian

City 2010

Have you ever thought about that the kid probably has dyed hair? (or also maybe the parents) :tongue:

New pictures of 8403 House from a French webshop. Their price (€33) is relatively 'friendly'. The lounge chair is a simple, but great design if you ask me.

IMG_84031.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the pics. I like the little treetop fort. :classic:

That's a real nice looking set! I'm not a huge Town MOCer but this really appeals to me for some reason. :tongue:

Other details:

- Back wall w/ arch

- Tree fort w/ telescope

- cool grill

- Lawn chair

- recycling bin / mailbox

- overall nice front look. Roof structure, attic? etc. solar panels!

I'll reserve judgement on the interior till we get some shots. It looks like it is missing a bathroom! ALso, where does the kid sleep??!!? Floor? :sceptic:

Not nuts about the woman's hair, but variety is good?

Looks MODable; move the round tree about and you could extend the house a few more LEGO feet!

Thanks for the pics.

I don't think there's really much to complain about this set. It's obvious there can't be EVERYTHING in a house this size, there just isn't space for a bathroom or another bedroom. It would have got to be at least half the size bigger to fit all that into, and then it would get too expensive. I would totally get it, if i didn't stop collecting city recently.

Thanks Rick for those great pics :thumbup:

The city house is looking great with the solar panels and lounge chair :classic:

However I wish there was interior pics of the house.

Edited by Macoco

I'm surprised about the reaction to this house. I love LEGO buildings. The Creator homes and modular buildings have all been fantastic in my opinion, I've bought nearly every one of them. In comparison this house seems quite plain and unappealing.

Great new house but ..Green trash can? does it not clash with the grass? (8403)

Really nice otherwise though. Wish I had some money to buy Lego this year. :cry_sad:

There are green trash cans in reality, too. And i'm not sure if anyone really shares his thoughts on "does it clash with the grass?" when it comes to a thrash can :P

I like these green cans Lego has been introducing into the City sets. Its a subtle way to promote recycling, presumably because the green cans are supposed to hold recyclables as opposed to the gray cans which are used for just trash. By the way, weren't there some "eco-friendly" theme or set concepts floating around a while back? I always wondered what happened with those.

The detail here looks outstanding.. but am I the only one slightly put off by the house not having 4 walls with the back being completely open? I suppose this is an easy enough mod..

am I the only one slightly put off by the house not having 4 walls with the back being completely open?

Well open-backed has been the standard Town/City building design for the last 30 years or so, generally speaking only Creator and Modular buildings are fully walled. You're right in that it could be modded, for instance by buying two identical sets and combining them into a bigger house with 4 walls and staircases.

And welcome to Eurobricks! :thumbup:

EDIT: that sounds kind of stupid as you've been member for longer than I am... let's just say, congrats for your first post :wink:

Edited by Fugazi

Fantastic set, wile i admit that there are a couple of things to be modded (just slightly) I see nothing wrong with this set. (and i am usually picky with city sets like this) Anyways i think that if the price stays below 60, i will definably have to pick this one up.

I'm surprised about the reaction to this house. I love LEGO buildings. The Creator homes and modular buildings have all been fantastic in my opinion, I've bought nearly every one of them. In comparison this house seems quite plain and unappealing.

The details are nicer than the building, IMO. I agree that it looks a bit plain. I also really like the Creator houses and of course the Modulars (who doesn't?) although the Creator houses lack the nice City style details. It is nice though that Lego finally offers a house again in the City/Town line. Except for this limited edition one from 1996, the last regular one dates from 1990! Although the Creator houses sort of made up for it in recent years.

Public Transport

- I thought the fact that this was the fan's choice would mean this set would be bigger and more expensive. I'm glad it isn't (or at least my wallet is!). I really do think the coach/bus is a great model, and such an improvement on the old football/soccer team coaches from a few years back.

- I was also really pleased to see the bicycle now available in green (I have been complaining about getting some new bike colours for ages! - orange flowers next please Lego and more bikes in blue/lime/purple/Light blue!). Sometimes seeing a brick available in a new colour or one specific brick can really add to the appeal of a set for me. 2 bikes would have been even nicer.

- I'm quite disappointed the car is another sports car and in yellow. I would have preferred something with a roof and in a better colour - Navy? The street cleaner is a little disappointing too, plus it's not really public transport. I would have rather the set used the brick count to make a better shop/ticket office at the back or to improve the tram, which is ok but does not compare to the coach.

Despite some of my criticism above, I think the positives make this set certainly worth buying. The minifig selection is nice. Good to see lots of civilians for a change. I hope that now these figures will not be used in future sets as most of them are now available in a number of sets. The more variety of civilian figs the better!

As the fans choice set I feel the concept pictures were a bit misleading with the monorail being drawn even though I actually voted for the City Square despite the concept picture looking just like the Town Plan set. I thought it would have been nice to have a set to allow us Town enthusiasts to add more greenery to our cities and hope that park sets will be available in future.

Another fan vote for City next year please Lego!

but am I the only one slightly put off by the house not having 4 walls with the back being completely open?

But if the back was closed too, how could kids play with this set? :wacko:

Please don't forget the target age group of these sets...

Review please! :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry don't have a good camera :sceptic:

but have an additional pic!

41LqDiK98rL._SS400_.jpg

Thanks 'grogall' for the new picture of the interior, I will now wait for the review too -please- ! :blush:

By the looks of the top floor - not much room to move up there - I might see if I can design a small bathroom for this set.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

But if the back was closed too, how could kids play with this set? :wacko:

Please don't forget the target age group of these sets...

Wouldn't be that hard to incorporate some kind of hinge mechanism. :tongue:

modular style, guys? I think the floor-by-floor building of modular system has great playability. In fact even CITY sets feature this (though they still have open backs)

If this is cheap I'll get a few copies... if not cheap ($50+) then I'll only get one :tongue: