Christian

City 2010

That's 2 buses already! How many have we had in the last 20 years, besides 7641? Noooone? (dont count that Spongebob crap)

Well... I think we can firmly say that this coach is rather better than 3405/3411 Americas Team Bus! The Knight Bus probably doesn't count! Apart from that, it's probably just the Duplo bus in the last 20 years (even the Fabuland one was more than 20 years ago).

:wub: Love :wub: this set. I work in the public transport industry as a bus driver, so this set is just so me :wink:

We both have the same job AllanSmith! I have to admit that I like this new set. I was expecting a little more (maybe a short track or something). I wonder if that bus has two doors (on each side)... Thats what it looks like on the photo anyways... (weird). Still, I will buy is thats for sure!

Great news! Just catching up w/ all the comments. While it certainly is a great set, I still can't believe the Monorail didn't make the exclusive cut.

In rergard to this set, I applaud LEGO for creating something new with the tram. The bus looks like a larger version of that from 7641 City Corner, but I love that lime green as well. Looks like City continues to be a nice theme for LEGO and I'm sure we'll see more down the road. :thumbup:

Looks like not a bad set. Since it's Lego, any shortcomings can be MOD. :classic:

In rergard to this set, I applaud LEGO for creating something new with the tram. The bus looks like a larger version of that from 7641 City Corner, but I love that lime green as well. Looks like City continues to be a nice theme for LEGO and I'm sure we'll see more down the road. :thumbup:

I'd say the exact opposite about the bus. I expected it to be another city bus (for example an articulated one - that would have been awesome) but this is clearly modelled after a coach used for long(er) range travel. Which is a minor disappointment in my books. I also hope that it doesn't have doors on both sides but it seems like it does.:s

The tram looks nice, too bad that it runs on normal wheels probably. But that was to be expected, I guess. Let's hope it will be easy to mod it.

The rest of the set seems like an afterthought (except for that nice little sweeper - but that could have been released elsewhere/alone), especially that wannabe shop. One single but bigger (inter-modal) stop with a cashier`s office, a newspaper kiosk and maybe a small shop with the bus arriving to one side of the stop while the tram to the other would have been infinitely better.

It's still a nice set which I'd surely buy if I could afford collecting City+Trains besides Castle - which I can't at this point. Maybe later.

Edited by Nagyzee

Bloody hell,

I start of with a pic of 8404 Lego set, then i get a whole pile of comments over one night. Perhaps I should host a variety TV show lol.

My wish list (If any of these show up the light of day at our Aussie shores)...

1) 3221 Truck (x3)

2) 7938 Pass. Train (x2)

3) 7939 Cargo train (x2)

4) 7937 Train Station (x2 with one of them built mirrored and click them together)

5) 7936 Rail Xing (x5)

6) 10211 Grand Imporium (x1)

7) 10213 Space Shuttle (x1)

8) 8403 City house (x1)

9) ...and of course there's 8404 Public Transport center (x2)

There, that should beef up my lego city a bit.

Whether how much I complain about this set, it does not change the fact that I will buy this.

But seriously... where is the monorail? Can't TLC just make a new monorail set?

Okay, the tram doesn't fit into my small village at all. The bus if perfect - travelling from one city to another, it stops off in my village to give the travellers a break and something to eat. This is what the yellow bus used to do, but this one is much more appropriate for long distance travel.

The yellow car and green bicycle (!) give me more civilian vehicles, and the orange steet cleaner is much better than the previous yellow one. I'm sure I can use at least one of those shelters, but probably not all of them.

In conclusion, this set I really like. :thumbup:

Okay, the tram doesn't fit into my small village at all. The bus if perfect - travelling from one city to another, it stops off in my village to give the travellers a break and something to eat. This is what the yellow bus used to do, but this one is much more appropriate for long distance travel.

The yellow car and green bicycle (!) give me more civilian vehicles, and the orange steet cleaner is much better than the previous yellow one. I'm sure I can use at least one of those shelters, but probably not all of them.

In conclusion, this set I really like. :thumbup:

Most of my thoughts exactly!! I don't know what I'd do with the street cleaner, as I alrady have the yellow one and I like it. As for the tram, my City isn't set up for a tram at all, so it would either be broken up or sold.

I don't think we'll see it in Australia for quite a while. If it ever arrives here, I'll probably wait until sales time.

BIG NEWS I have offical confirmation from TRU customer service, here is the email from them......

'I believe this is Skn 340332 – Lego City Public Transport MFR# 8404 ($159.99) which will be arriving in stores late August.

At the moment we can only assume what is on the packaging is what is in the item.'

This only appeared in my inbox 35 minutes ago and I just logged on to get it.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

'I believe this is Skn 340332 – Lego City Public Transport MFR# 8404 ($159.99) which will be arriving in stores late August.

Is this in Aussie or USD? Either way, this set is on the high price note. :sceptic:

Is this in Aussie or USD? Either way, this set is on the high price note. :sceptic:

It would be in AUD. That would put it at $US100-110, although many of the larger sets for release in Australia seem to have had (yet another) price jump for the second half of year releases eg Portal of Atlantis is supposed to be $170 and the Kingdoms Castle $160.

I would say the $US100 price which was this designed for is accurate. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone considering the length of this thread :tongue:

Hmm, that bus looks interesting. Have you guys noticed the place for baggage carriers under the bus?

Hmm, that bus looks interesting. Have you guys noticed the place for baggage carriers under the bus?

Yes - so it looks more like a coach than a bus to me.

Yea like others have said, vehicles look awesome but the buildings, not so much. I hope this set isn't 100...

EDIT: Just noticed the price, lol. Dumb me. Ugh, 100. Well guess I'll be wracking up some VIP points with this!

Edited by tiggerkiddo

This one is definitely a coacj or at least an inter-city bus, but not a city one. I like it.

What I like most is the orange street-sweeper truck, so nicely worked out that it looks just real.

However, I was expecting something more of the set, first of all hoping it would contain several baseplates 32x32 with some structures.

The tram is OK, it's the first one and it's a success.

P.S. I remember someone saying here the set would contain "LOTS of minifigs". I actually can see only 6 but for CITY series this is a huge amount. :(

Oh my gosh, this is something very new and exciting. Thanks for sharing this. How could I missed it??? :blush:

gallery_2351_21_109794.jpg

Oh my!! Someone get me a bag, I'm hyperventilating!

LEGO. TRAMS. Eek! :laugh:

I can feel myself turning into an angry "gimme the details now!" mode...

1. When is it coming out?

2. How much is it?!

I am seriously in love with that tram. I shall now rapidly analyze this picture and zoom in to try my best to figure out how to build that tram!

~A.S.

I can feel myself turning into an angry "gimme the details now!" mode...

1. When is it coming out?

2. How much is it?!

1. We don't know for sure.

2. We don't know for sure.

LOL!

Around 100$ and I'm guessing August/September release.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are train wheels under the tram. The cover for the wheels sticks out the 6-wide body so it's a possibility that it runs on standard 6-wide track. Or maybe it's easily mod-able to run on train track. Motorizing it will be more difficult though.

From this preliminary image, Transport.jpg,

you can see a Monorail, a Tram, a Bus, Dual Bus and Tram Stop, Taxis and Snack Bar.

And with set 8404, we get the Tram, Bus, Two separate Bus and Tram stops, Street Sweeper, Sports car and some Tuck Shop-esq thing.

That leaves the Monorail, Taxis and Snack Bar. The Monorail and Snack Bar are in an older set, 6399 Airport Shuttle.

The Taxi can be seen in 7937 Train Station.

That means everything is accounted for.

Edited by Divine_Light

F

The Taxi can be seen in 7937 Train Station.

That means everything is accounted for.

Just because you can see a taxi it dosen't mean it can't be onother one. For example you see a towtruck in two differn't sets right now. It's common similar sets is released at the same time. :classic: