Christian

City 2010

True, 'Wout' we don't find out late year releases until usually Feburary when the toy fairs are over.

Might there be something comming out of left field that Lego hasn't or has done before. It's been odd that there really wasn't a mid year city release (Australia's mid-year was actually available in Eupore at around the begining of the year) like coast guard was in 2008.

So we have new airport and fire in the first half, everyone is crying out for more civilian sets maybe there is more comming in teh second half. We still have not found out about the TRU City exlcusive which is a civilian one (not fire, police or construction that is).

Does anyone have any idea what TRU are getting as their exlcusive set anyway ?

Is 5899 using the classic one-piece car chassis I wonder - can't seem to get a parts list online for it.

Lots of classic parts I didn't think I'd see again in it - the old wheels/tyres, the window in the house, etc.

Is 5899 using the classic one-piece car chassis I wonder - can't seem to get a parts list online for it.

Lots of classic parts I didn't think I'd see again in it - the old wheels/tyres, the window in the house, etc.

Sorry, 'Cian' but I just checked Bricklink inventory list for 5898 and NO one-piece car chassis. You build it up with the usual plates.

I find most interesting the lime green cap in the first basic set and in the second basic set, is that overall torso different from the current one?

If you are asking if any of the torsos are new, then no.

Hasn't anyone noticed that the female figure in the "House" basic set is almost a blatant copy of the one from this year's City Camper? The only thing different is the hair piece, and even it is the same color as the other one included in 7639!

Do we have prices for the 2010 City Sets?

Such as Light Repair Truck and the Octan Tanker?

Do we have prices for the 2010 City Sets?

Such as Light Repair Truck and the Octan Tanker?

Search up Amazon, but their prices are jacked up anyway, so they may be well above TLG's MSRP.

I've got some new pics for the town sets, not sure if we have high res images of these yet, if we do it's my bad.

I think the car may be new?

3177_mini.jpg

7207_fire_boat.jpg

7208_fire_station.jpg

Edited by Skipper 24

I think the car may be new?

'New' as in 'it still has to come out', yes. But we have heard of it, and seen pictures of it already :wink:

But I can't get enough of it. This will be one of the few (if not, the only one) City sets I'll be buying :wub:

I own a Smart car, and I think this one looks a lot like it, so it'll be nice to have a Smart in LEGO :sweet:

Not really interested in more firefighter-stuff, or airport... I'm pretty satisfied with the previous versions :classic:

Greetings,

CF W

'Skipper 24' thanks for the enhanced picture of the smart car. Now one could make out most the parts a scratch build onewith ease - to you thanks again. :thumbup::classic:

'Skipper 24' thanks for the enhanced picture of the smart car. Now one could make out most the parts a scratch build onewith ease - to you thanks again. :thumbup::classic:

This picture has been on the internet for at least two months... :sceptic:

I have all of these pictures in my gallery, which unfortunately is not moderated yet (when it is, you can view it by clicking on the sign in my signature). Here is a relatively new one:

3182-2.png

Isn't that jet just a mash up of these two (except the tail wing is slightly different),

7893-1.jpg

and the jet out of this

7894-1.jpg

I guess there is only a hand full of ways to design a Lego jet plane.

Isn't that jet just a mash up of these two (except the tail wing is slightly different),

and the jet out of this

I guess there is only a hand full of ways to design a Lego jet plane.

Hmm... Yes. Instead of having a small plane included with the airport, the large one is included instead. Not very wise. This means that the new airport must be at least $100 USD or very pricey.

By the way, just to clarify, that plane is included with the airport, and is NOT a stand alone set.

There are very good ways to make LEGO airplanes out of those <insert that tiresome argument> pieces. The best thing is that they give your a lot of flexibility, such as the tail cone piece which can be used to hold an elevator, or rear-mounted engines. And plus, you can even make decent looking helicopters out of them! :thumbup:

While I can't make any judgments about the interior of the smaller plane (the one that is blue), I really hope that the seats are on one side and not in the center. How are the flight attendants supposed to serve refreshments otherwise? I also hope that the cockpit will seat two minifigures instead of one. Since when have any airplanes had no seat for a co-pilot? I can imagine that the interior will only have seats, because from that big preliminary picture in that catalog scan it is clear that it is four-wide.. If that is the case, than I am very disappointed. Adding more injury to insult, the logo on the Vertical stabilizer is a sticker! Come on LEGO, the last two airliners you gave us had printed logos on their tail fins. Is TLG just making fun of us now? :sceptic: I will, of course, set aside some hope for the interior, but I certainly have my doubts. :sadnew:

Hopefully the airliner that comes with the airport will have better interior detailing.

It is interesting to note that Legomilk said somewhere that in 2010 there will be a new theme for City. I think what he means is like another surprise theme, like that of Coast Guard in 2008, that suddenly comes out in the middle of the year. Hopefully it will be a hospital theme, which is good because in retrospect Hospital is a civilian theme, and the fact that we haven't had any decent Hospital theme since 2006.

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Search up Amazon, but their prices are jacked up anyway, so they may be well above TLG's MSRP.

Oh, no official prices then I guess

I think the Repair truck will be $12.99 (same as Tow Truck, very similar set) And $19.99 for the Octan Tanker.

But you never know, TLG is getting greedy these days :tongue:

As for the new City Subtheme :oh:

Is this besides the City Trains, Legomilk mentioned?

I wonder what it could be, I hope nothing we have seen before, maybe more Farm or something?

Oh, no official prices then I guess

I think the Repair truck will be $12.99 (same as Tow Truck, very similar set) And $19.99 for the Octan Tanker.

But you never know, TLG is getting greedy these days :tongue:

As for the new City Subtheme :oh:

Is this besides the City Trains, Legomilk mentioned?

I wonder what it could be, I hope nothing we have seen before, maybe more Farm or something?

I'm still trying to find out what is

Edited by legomilk

I'm still trying to find out what is

Nice, thanks in advance!

TLG is really doing well in preventing leaks about mid-year 2010 releases. We haven't even seen pictures of Grand Emporium that's to be released in March, and that's only 3 months...

An Italian on-line shop lists these prices (they usually have a bit off, so I guess RRP are what I am stating in parentheses):

3177 Smart = 4,70 (5,10)

620 32x32 blue baseplate = 5,88 (6,50)

7206 Fire chopper w/4wd = 26.97 (30)

7207 Fire ship = 47,22 (52)

7208 Fire station = 67.36 (73)

7213 Fire truck & boat inflatable= 37,75 (42)

7567 Tourist impulse = 2,77 (3)

That should be the January wave (Lego doesn't allow online shops listing sets earlier than one month before availability)

Thank you very much for this price information, The Cobra! :classic:

It is interesting to note that Legomilk said somewhere that in 2010 there will be a new theme for City.

He wrote so in the topic for new 2010 sets and themes.

There he wrote that in 2010 there will be new City themes and City Trains.

So:

-January: "new" theme: Fire

-April: "new" theme: Airport

-summer: new Trains theme

Of course the Airport and the Fire theme are really not new themes but only new sets - but for TLG new themes in the way that there is a new line of sets.

Besides there haven't been more than three complete subthemes a year - so we regrettably can't expect more regular sets apart from the sets for the first half of 2010 (we already know) and the summer sets.

In the topic "Which will be next for trains?" someone stated already some time ago that there may be two new trains (supposably a cargo train set and a passenger train set), a train level crossing and a train station - which does imo sound very supposably. :thumbup:

But for not regular sold bigger civilian sets (such as e. g. bank or post office) it does look very bad. :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

as I discovered when I opened my advent calender is that for the last 3 years we have had a bank, well sort of in the background of the advent calenders there has always been legos bank so they have the set but have still not released it

as I discovered when I opened my advent calender is that for the last 3 years we have had a bank, well sort of in the background of the advent calenders there has always been legos bank so they have the set but have still not released it

Well, it's been only this one since 19901490-1.jpg

So it was twenty years from releasing Pirates again, so a bank could be overdue.

I have heard about some city sets not spoken of yet, but I must three times confirm or I'll look pretty dam stupid if they are not true !

6566's style may have come from an era of Town where everything is crap, but... I actually like that bank, haha :tongue:

A bank in CITY format would be alright. They probably would make it have those 1x6x5 clear panels as windows, which I probably won't like as much (i.e. Fire Stations shouldn't be glass buildings, and I don't think banks should be as well). But, a 6-wide armored car would be probably nothing but drool-worthy :cry_happy:

What about this one? (1997)

6566-1.jpg

To quote a line from a cartoon I love, 'Ed, Edd & Eddy' - NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD !

Please TownJr, why Lego why ?

What did we do to get TownJr ?

That set was more like a security/money-counting building, in my opinion it doesn't really look that much of a bank, unlike the classic 1990 set. This one doesn't look as inviting, it doesnt say deposit your cash here to me anyway !

I'm all for wall panel elements, but this is just TOO simple and those brick thick roof tops, please let us forget TownJr !