Christian

City 2010

Please excuse me for not knowing, but does Greece use the Euro?

You must have been living on the wrong side of the moon not knowing that Greece indeed is using the €. :wink:

I could start a long political rant here, but let's just say §$%&*>#! :devil:

§$%&*>#! :devil:

Pertaining to Greece enough said!!!!!!

but back to the theme:The TRU truck will be TRU exclusive but should be available in all TRU stores around the world, price not known!

Please excuse me for not knowing, but does Greece use the Euro? I'm moving to Germany in November for my job, and since I'll be on a military base, I'll have access to US and European sets. I'd be completely cool with shipping you a copy if you just pay for shipping. I'll be getting sets from whichever source is cheaper.

Yep, Greece is in the Eurozone. Thanks for your interest Thee Pirate. :classic: I'll just have to wait and see if this set will eventually comes here and I'll let you know. :thumbup:

I could start a long political rant here, but let's just say §$%&*>#! :devil:

Long story mein freund... Very very long to be precise, unfortunately... :hmpf_bad:

I'd like to have them both! Will the TRU truck be sold in Australia by any chance?

Yes, Lego Australia and TRU Sydney HQ have comfirmed to me - AUGUST - $ 59.99

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I think the London Bridge is going to be an exclusive in the near future.

FWIW, I was just at the Lego Store near Baltimore, and the rep there did tell me this was coming out as a Eiffel Tower/Taj Majal type set. Also said the Winter Toy Shop was being re-released, an updated Maersk ship, and some other cool stuff that I hadn't read about here. Looks like 2010 is shaping up to be a very good year!

Edited by Wildblue

I Think maybe Lego is trying to recreate a north pole village with all the christmas themes coming out?

10173 Holiday Train

10199 Winter Toy Shop

10216 Winter Village Bakery

I actually kind of like the thought! :classic:

From this preliminary image, Transport.jpg,

you can see a Monorail, a Tram, a Bus, Dual Bus and Tram Stop, Taxis and Snack Bar.

And with set 8404, we get the Tram, Bus, Two separate Bus and Tram stops, Street Sweeper, Sports car and some Tuck Shop-esq thing.

That leaves the Monorail, Taxis and Snack Bar. The Monorail and Snack Bar are in an older set, 6399 Airport Shuttle.

The Taxi can be seen in 7937 Train Station.

That means everything is accounted for.

This is a bit of an old post to respond to, but look at the tracks. That's airport shuttle, but 6 wide. We're getting it back. Awwww yeah.

HOLIDAY TRAIN???????????????? When did this information come out???

The Holiday Train refers to the existing set 10173 Holiday Train from 2006

Why Re-Release? :wacko: That set only came out last year. As far as i understood that, there is yet another set in that "style" coming out this year. Or was that with the bakery only wishful thinking?

FWIW, I was just at the Lego Store near Baltimore, and the rep there did tell me this was coming out as a Eiffel Tower/Taj Majal type set. Also said the Winter Toy Shop was being re-released, an updated Maersk ship, and some other cool stuff that I hadn't read about here. Looks like 2010 is shaping up to be a very good year!

I forget when the release is, but the London Bridge will be one, and then a bakery shop about the size of the Winter Toy Shop probably in October. :classic:

I keep trying to think of what comes to mind in regards to the term 'public transport'. The only two things I can think of is a bus and a lightrail/monorail.

Also, i wonder if there will be another cargo ship in the future. :tongue: ?! Maybe a MAERSK blue or something of that nature. hmm. :alien:

Back on March 17 I snuck a little hint in about the Maersk ship but no one believed me. hehhe. :tongue:

I Think maybe Lego is trying to recreate a north pole village with all the christmas themes coming out?

10173 Holiday Train

10199 Winter Toy Shop

10216 Winter Village Bakery

I actually kind of like the thought! :classic:

HOLIDAY TRAIN???????????????? When did this information come out???

Sorry, maybe coming out was the wrong wording :cry_sad:

Only 10199 Winter Toy shop is redly available at this moment.

10199-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

and the 10173 is from 2006

370.jpg

Can't wait for the bakery :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by grogall

From this preliminary image, Transport.jpg,

you can see a Monorail, a Tram, a Bus, Dual Bus and Tram Stop, Taxis and Snack Bar.

And with set 8404, we get the Tram, Bus, Two separate Bus and Tram stops, Street Sweeper, Sports car and some Tuck Shop-esq thing.

That leaves the Monorail, Taxis and Snack Bar. The Monorail and Snack Bar are in an older set, 6399 Airport Shuttle.

The Taxi can be seen in 7937 Train Station.

That means everything is accounted for.

all except the rikshaw tricycle. How cool would one of those be trundling round a city set up? Lego really have to create that there rikshaw.

well apparently i missed this in the city 2010 thread.

thanks Pi for pointing it out... sorry for the reposting.

(still looks good though)

According to Brickset, in addition to the new 3221 LEGO Truck, it is supposed that there will also be a special Toys "R" Us version (Set 7848) of this set, to be released sometime during 2010

4696782754_70c72dec9c.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41215338@N04/4696782754/

Edited by slacker int

We already know about this - whung found it 4 days ago and posted it in the City 2010 topic. :wink:

...and it was front paged too. I'm merging this.

I can't wait for the release of the TRU Exclusive truck. This will make a great addition to my layout along with the 3221 set. The parts in blue are especially awesome!

TLG has done an awesome job this year regarding City. I am very happy to see them create sets that reflect the sets from bygone years (1985 - 1996). I have been waiting a long time for Lego to get back to their roots of "Town". WAY TO GO LEGO!! KEEP IT UP!

Model On!!

I have German (European) prices on the 2 Toys R Us sets

4696782754_70c72dec9c.jpg

7848 Toys R Us Truck €29.99

8404 Bus Station €99.99

And should be available on the 28th Calendar week!

8404 Bus Station €99.99

I considered buying the bus station up to this point. :hmpf_bad:

7848 Toys R Us Truck €29.99

That's a reasonable price, but...

8404 Bus Station €99.99

... this :sceptic: I was expecting €60-€70...

I have German (European) prices on the 2 Toys R Us sets

8404 Bus Station €99.99

I hope they lower the US price... Currently €99.99 converts to $122.... :cry_sad: And I really wanted the public transport...

Edited by just2good

What surprises me isn't just how many new City sets TLG has released this year, but also how many BIG new City sets TLG has released this year. It seems like they just keep firing salvo after salvo at us. Not that I'm complaining... but you'd almost expect more low-end sets at this pace.

After all the big ticket stuff this year you'd think they'd have kept the Public Transport under $100. Guess not.

And yet, here in the US we're still waiting for the copter and limousine.... sigh...

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms