Christian

City 2010

Thanks for the back pic grogall, and nice that you bought one :grin:

I see TV, Computer, Sofa and even a bed in the attic, yeah they pretty much covered the essentials :tongue:

Thank you very much for the new and clear pics of the 8403 City House, Rick and grogall! :classic:

The exterior as well as the interior look excellent! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Exterior:

The terrace with the sun chair looks great and the tree hut looks amazing. The architectual design of the house is brilliant and so does all the additional stuff.

Interior:

I really like it that TLG included a living room on the second floor. The sofa looks great - esp. in combination with the sofa table and the lamp. Regrettably the sofa fits only one minifig. And instead of the computer I'd have prefered a big TV (like in the new fire station).

It's great that TLG this time included some interior in the attic, too. The bed with lamp looks fine. It's only a pity that they didn't include a washbasin or a toilet on the left side.

The kitchen looks awesome, too. It's great to get a table with two seats and a cooker with sink. I only hope that the cooker is set on a small 2x3x2 cupboard - and not only on a big brick. Which I do not like is that the computer screen next to the window. Since there are stickers in this set anyway, either a real TV (like in the Camper) or a picture would look much bettter.

I can't await to get this set! Regrettably it won't be out before August - and supposably even not be sold in regular toy shops.

Btw: I wonder when we'll get some information on 7848. I mean: 8404 even firstly will be released in October. And I can't remember that TLG released a set later than in October.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well, now its my turn.

As to me, to tell the truth, the family house seems like garbage. Only a kid or a disabled one can`t build the same or even better house, as its simple as a sheet of paper. It`s targeted mainly at these who can only form their layouts from basic sets. The parts included into the set are useless and not unique, for the price of the set you can buy much more parts and build something really adequate.

Passing to the Public Transport Center - it`s a total dissapointment. So much wait for a bunch of plain sheds and tram which is actually a list of assembled parts. The same creepy house doors, no articulations - did it really worth the waiting? I would have paid the double, even triple price if it only was more complicated and a breakthrough product, not a childish mockery. Though I like the sweeper van and the coach bus.

Well, other 2010 sets apart from the fire ones (too simple) are really great. I like the airport sets, all train sets (except for the passenger one, its simply an ugly one), and especially the Lego truck - i wont apply the stickers so it will go great wit my cargo terminal and maybe will shorten the hauler. Small car and seaplane are quite useless to me, i dont find any point to buy them.

Thanks for the back pic grogall, and nice that you bought one :grin:

I doubt he did it... :wink:

On the topic of the kids hair colour, it technically is possible most light colours are less dominant and as such can be dormant in a persons dna.

If two dark haired individuals both have the lighter colour in their family background there is around a 20% chance that a child will have the light colour hair.

If you find a set with blond or red head parents and a dark haired child then you can scream or decide one of the parents often visits the dye bottle.

On the topic of the kids hair colour, it technically is possible most light colours are less dominant and as such can be dormant in a persons dna.

If two dark haired individuals both have the lighter colour in their family background there is around a 20% chance that a child will have the light colour hair.

If you find a set with blond or red head parents and a dark haired child then you can scream or decide one of the parents often visits the dye bottle.

Just to make a note here, my brothers & sister both copied my mom hair-wise - it grows blonde, but slowly turns brown as you become an adult.

Lego have been nice today......we now have available 3221 Lego truck instructions - here's a link.........

3221 Lego Truck Instructions

The prime movers roof is clever feature - yes a hinged roof ! :wink:

Now I get start my trucking fleet ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

The Lego truck is awesome. But I hate stickers. Please print the parts instead of making stupid stickers.

Could this be a picture of 7848 Toys R Us exclusive ?

kevin-toys-r-us.jpg

that is a moc, you can tell by the fact that there are old monorail tracks

Be nice wouldn't eh ? :wink:

But I think it's a MOC - juging by the sticker on the trailer is not centred and the other vehicles around it appear to be MOC's too !

I thought the TRU truck is meant to be a copy of the new 3221 Lego truck ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

that is a moc, you can tell by the fact that there are old monorail tracks

Talking about the truck, not the display or building!

Talking about the truck, not the display or building!

But the truck cab is just 4 studs wide. :sceptic:

I don't think it's the TRU exclusive (and Bricksets says its similar to 3221).

Do you think that the new female minifigure included in this magnet set will appear in future City sets, too (since she seems to me to be City styled)?

I personally am not that sure. I mean: Isn't there a new female torso included in one of this year's big Creator sets? And in all City sets of which we know until now this torso does not appear - strange.

Btw:

It's now already beginning of June and so I think it's time that we get a bit news on 7848!

Like it was mentioned before, I bet for a small truck stop with a green cargo truck and another truck. And I bet that the TRU truck will be included in the City Square together with a small TRU shop. What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Well this was what TRU sent to me in an email (of course part of) -MFR # 7848 SKN # 340405 Lego City Truck

$59.99 - of course it's in Aussie dollars........at that price I don't think it will included much more than whats in 3221 except TRU stickers instead of Lego and bricks in TRU colours instead of yellow.

We'll just have to wait and see eh ?

Well this was what TRU sent to me in an email (of course part of) -MFR # 7848 SKN # 340405 Lego City Truck

$59.99 - of course it's in Aussie dollars........at that price I don't think it will included much more than whats in 3221 except TRU stickers instead of Lego and bricks in TRU colours instead of yellow.

We'll just have to wait and see eh ?

But which sense would it make to release exactly the same truck, but only in different colors and with different stickers, lightningtiger?! :wacko:

Since legomilk posted the picture of the Truck Stop TRU poll under the written name 7848 I bet that there has to be more in this set than only a TRU truck.

But possibly it's even only my wishful thinking. :sceptic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

But which sense would it make to release exactly the same truck, but only in different colors and with different stickers, lightningtiger?! :wacko:

Since legomilk posted the picture of the Truck Stop TRU poll under the written name 7848 I bet that there has to be more in this set than only a TRU truck.

But possibly it's even only my wishful thinking. :sceptic:

Klaus-Dieter

Well 'Klaus' sine the last servo cost 59 bucks Aussie - the only way we'll get a truck stop out of this would be just a set of pumps and maybe a small customer service area - still can't see a toy shop in this for 59.99 though !

Anyway we'll just have to wait and see again eh ?

MFR # 7848 SKN # 340405 Lego City Truck

$59.99

I again looked at S@H - this time at Australian's homepage:

3221 is already titled "Lego City Truck"

and it costs 49,99 AUD.

So there is some space left for something additional in 7848 (if the information you got from TRU is right anyway since the set name is wrong for sure).

But I agree with you that if the difference is really only 10 AUD it could of course not be very much.

Klaus-Dieter

Well there is that ten dollar difference, but look at other TRU prices on like SW is dearer than S@H prices.

TRU Sydney HQ have no more information on either 7448 or our favorite 8404 !

Besides, that I have just posted an hour or so ago my review on 7937 train station in the train forum (man it was a toughy) !

gallery_2351_21_109794.jpg

My take on the new Public Transportation set:

1. Yay! I thought it was the best of the three choices, and I'm glad it won.

2. Hmm... A touch disappointed. I thought there would be a bit more to it. Perhaps a huge rail/bus station.

3. Great, we've got a tram now!

4. Yes, I'll buy it! Looking forward to it.

Edited by Wildblue

Box photo of 7848 is found, it is a ToysRus Truck which is the same design with 3221 LEGO Truck,

but with a small ToysRus shop!

Let's compare.

7848 TRU Truck

7848-box.jpg

3221 LEGO City Truck

3221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Hmmmm...

The truck looks exactly the same exept for a few minor differences.

But I like the mini TRU!

I have mixed feelings on this one!

Oh and thanks for the pics!

Box photo of 7848 is found, it is a ToysRus Truck which is the same design with 3221 LEGO Truck,

but with a small ToysRus shop!

Awesome, thanks for the picture whung!

Huh? The trucks seem to be identical, but for the colour scheme. That's peculiar, considering that TRU already sells the yellow truck.

What's that in the shop windows? A teddy bear and swords and guns?? *huh*

So for $AU 10 more, we get a small shop with some nice accessories, plus an extra minifig? Not bad I suppose. I wonder how that will translate in British pounds.

Edited by Fugazi