Christian

City 2010

After seeing these new pictures, the helicopter looks a BIT better to me, actually i think it has a pretty good design overall, if there just wasn't these ugly big pieces that build the front and that water bowl thing. If they'd change that to brick built things like the coast guard helicopter had, i think i would buy this set. Also i'm wondering what's inside the helicopter as it seems to have a lot of space, or if it's just full of nothing once again...

Is the traveler a male or female traveler and what does he or she wear?

It was male and he have smiley face from new Pizzeria set- the one with white smile- the farmer one have the same face.

Btw: Have you seen pics of the Small Car, the Repair Vehicle and the Minifigures, too, and can describe them to us? That would be very nice! :wink:

Minifigures its great thing! There are packs with random parts of some minfigs from many old and new themes. Picture was blurry but I saw Clasic Spaceman, Black falcon and even a CLOWN! There are 10 minifigs in 2 series (20 minifigs).

For example: You can get: Girl head, exoforce hair, falcon torso, and yellow legs. I hope you understand... :classic:

I don't saw Repair car, but I saw Small Car- Its awesome Classic, little, white car with doors! (Epic win for LEGO)

Unfortunatelly, I can't take pictures....

Look at this picture here. The fire helicopter doesn't seem to have rear landing gear... :sceptic:

The rear wheels are under the white things on the sides.

It was male and he have smiley face from new Pizzeria set- the one with white smile- the farmer one have the same face.

Minifigures its great thing! There are packs with random parts of some minfigs from many old and new themes. Picture was blurry but I saw Clasic Spaceman, Black falcon and even a CLOWN! There are 10 minifigs in 2 series (20 minifigs).

For example: You can get: Girl head, exoforce hair, falcon torso, and yellow legs. I hope you understand... :classic:

I don't saw Repair car, but I saw Small Car- Its awesome Classic, little, white car with doors! (Epic win for LEGO)

Unfortunatelly, I can't take pictures....

Thank you very much for this information, Lordofdragons! :classic:

It's a pity that they use the regular plaid torso for the traveler and not a bit more exceptional torso. :sadnew:

From what you told us the Small Car seems to be great - I really like to hear that it include car doors and thatit's not again in yellow color! :thumbup: Did you see the minifigure included in this set?

The Minifigures sounds great, too! :thumbup: Black Falcons and even a clown! :wub: (Hopefully they then won't be as absolutely overprized as the exclusive Vintage Minifigure Collections. :sceptic: )

Only that I don't misunderstand you: There are 2 different packs - each with 10 different minifigs included you can put together how you like to?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

No, no... :classic: There are two series- Series one- For January- july, and another one for rest of year.

They is one minifig in pack- its created from random pieces (Each pack have one head, one hair/cap, one torso, one legs). So you must buy some, or trade to build whole minifigure you want. I hope they will be normal minifigs, not the cheap ones like in battlepacks.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

This MiniFig pack sounds very interesting, and what a great concept. A Clown will be the perfect accompiant to the Jester! I look forward to our first glimpse of these.

And a cute little white car?

Great, another must buy from the new sets.

The Minifigures sounds great, too! :thumbup: Black Falcons and even a clown! :wub: (Hopefully they then won't be as absolutely overprized as the exclusive Vintage Minifigure Collections. :sceptic: )

Being a City Line they should not be overpriced like the Exclusive Collections. These packs priced at a realistic level would be great, we can just keep our fingers crossed.

No, no... :classic: There are two series- Series one- For January- july, and another one for rest of year.

They is one minifig in pack- its created from random pieces (Each pack have one head, one hair/cap, one torso, one legs). So you must buy some, or trade to build whole minifigure you want. I hope they will be normal minifigs, not the cheap ones like in battlepacks.

Ok, thanks, Lordofdragons! :hmpf_bad:

Now I think I understand:

The different parts for the minifig included in one Minifigure set don't fit together (in one set e. g. Clown hair piece and Black Falcon Torso). So you have to buy minimum two or even more different Minifigure sets in order to get three complete minifigs which fit together (e. g. for a Clown and a Black Falcon).

Or do you as a buyer not know exactly which pieces are included in the set you buy (e. g. like in a "kinder surprise egg")?

Are there only the minifig parts included or even some accessory (like in the regular Impulse sets)?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

So you don't know what you get untill you open the box? Like a 'lucky dip'?

Whilst this sounds good for a surprise factor, you maybe left with pieces that you do not like. To be fair it is quite an interesting idea, and I can imagine the random selections you may have might be quite amusing.

I hope to that they have sorted the problem with inferior MiniFigs out for this production run. Thankfully by reading this forum I knew to avoid the Battle Packs, and will be watching the reviews before I buy.

an impulse set with a pig?? !!!!! WOW so this is how im gonna get my pigs cheaper than that farm set!

so this impulse set is the only thing i am waitting for from the whole line so far... :sceptic:

im hoping lego is up to smth better for the second half of 2010..

Any pictures of the fire truck with boat?? :sceptic:

It has been expressed already that the "Fire truck and boat" doesn't exist. The Fire 4x4 does not have a boat and is in the 7206 Fire Helicopter set.

He was referring to a new set, not one that come out in 2005. :tongue:

That's right i was. Thanks legoliner but i already knew tht too. I was wondering if there was a pic of the new one?

in my opinion this is the best city airport ever!

is far more detailed and not <insert that tiresome argument> compared to the fire helicopter..

I can't be more with you on this Phoinix!

I can't be more with you on this Phoinix!

i knew that you would understand alex.

i was kind of waitting for your opinion on the new city sets..

Heh , I wanted to see that picture of the pigs and farm but it was taken down from the Czech site. All the images have been replaced with the theme logos instead.

Thanks for the info on the sets! The impulse sets sound really awesome, especially the farmer. I only question the use of the overall torso again, as that has been in the other 2 farm sets. However this will be an easy way to get the pig :oh3:

The traveler sounds really cool too! I love these civilian impulses, now I wait for pictures :laugh:

This Picture show what looks to be a new piece. Are those 3x3 quater round panels? That would make me very happy. I'm a train builder and these would be ideal for six wide tankers.

I like the fire helicopter, and the new airport sets.

The new airport has different features inside to the old one, some of you have complained that it's unrealistic, but I think this makes it a good add on for the old one. For kids this might mean they buy both. For AFOL's its always a question of if the parts are a good addition to what you've already got.

For kids this might mean they buy both. For AFOL's its always a question of if the parts are a good addition to what you've already got.

I always assumed most kids got 1 airport, 1 Fire HQ, 1 Police Station, and so on, which is why Lego releases a new version every three years. Three years is a long time when you're a kid!

I actually like the 06 Airport better. The beautiful large curved panels are much more interesting than these ubiquitous (and cheap) 1x5x6 panels that are seemingly everywhere. I also liked the luggage carousel and boarding passage, and though the balance between features and size wasn't bad at all. The new one really seems to have a vending machine, coffee maker and security scanning area. Sure, it has an extra floor in the middle but you can see from how far back the facade starts back on the 16x32 baseplate that it is fairly skinny. Really you could stick some police signage on it and make one room a cell and it would feel just like a Police HQ. There's nothing distinctly 'airporty' about it.

I think he is trying to say that most of the airport is made out of [once again] big glass panels.

Check your local airport. Most are nothing but glass panels. To be honest, i don't think i've ever seen any airport without glass panels. So IMO, this is one of the most realistic looking Airports TLC has done.

in my opinion this is the best city airport ever!

10159-1.jpg

it has a runway a good interior nice little vehicles lots of minifigers and it isnt just 6 huge glass pieces stack on topo of each other.

it has a unique design and architecture.

Its nice, no doubt. :classic: But thats not to say the new airport isn't nice either. Its more realistic and has a very moderen design. Fits in with current acitecture very well.

and lego has proven to us that they CAN make a great plane that it isnt <insert that tiresome argument>

7628-1.jpg

with brick built front tail and wings a great landing system and with good detail..

No aurgument there. The plane is good, but far from perfect. It can only hold two passengers, and the rear cargo hold had very limited space and the top section didn't open. Making it difficult to load cargo. IMO the new planes offer more in terms of playability than most brick built LEGO planes.

the new airport with the "new" plane are far too <insert that tiresome argument>.

i mean the basic pieces of that plane are how many? 8?

Your looking at this from an AFOL persepctive and not a 10yr olds. I'm not nessasarly saying thats a bad thing, but thats not all that fair either. One thing that i think many fail to remeber is that while most of us are AFOL and collectors, kids 7-12 are still, and always will be TLC's target audience with city theme sets. Like it or not, kids love big planes to swoop.

I also have to disagree with the plane being to <insert that tiresome argument> as many like to call it. Its already been proven that the parts can, and have been able to be used in many mocs and sets other than city airliners. And even if the parts are big, they do serve purpose and give the planes clean lines. They hold over 10 figures, forward, and rear entry doors, snack carts to move up and down the cabin and a kitchen area. So while they don't offer the build as say the cargo plane in Peril in Peru, they do offer lots of detail that the smaller planes of the 80's and early 90's never could.

also this rescue helicopter from 2006

7903-1.jpg

is far more detailed and not <insert that tiresome argument> compared to the fire helicopter..

Oh man, i have to disagree with you there. By far one of (If not ) the worst helicopter TLC has ever made. Unrealistic and ugly design. it looks like they just through a bunch of bricks toeghter. The new Fire helicopter is way better. Even with the one piece front end.

I always assumed most kids got 1 airport, 1 Fire HQ, 1 Police Station, and so on, which is why Lego releases a new version every three years. Three years is a long time when you're a kid!

Exactly! We all need to remember that while we've been collecting for years, every year we get kids starting out with LEGO for the first time. Fire and police are without a doubt the most popular in the city line, it it only makes sence for TLC to release a new one every few years.

Edited by 5150 Lego

I actually like the 06 Airport better. The beautiful large curved panels are much more interesting than these ubiquitous (and cheap) 1x5x6 panels that are seemingly everywhere. I also liked the luggage carousel and boarding passage, and though the balance between features and size wasn't bad at all. The new one really seems to have a vending machine, coffee maker and security scanning area. Sure, it has an extra floor in the middle but you can see from how far back the facade starts back on the 16x32 baseplate that it is fairly skinny. Really you could stick some police signage on it and make one room a cell and it would feel just like a Police HQ. There's nothing distinctly 'airporty' about it.

Some kids might get one of each, but I'm sure others get all of just one theme, for example all the fire sets, and they may be spaced out over a couple of years. I'm pretty sure that TLG has a better idea of what will be profitable than we do. I collected lego for about ten years as a kid, so three firestations with exactly the same features wouldn't have been much use to me, however three with slightly different features each time might have been more tempting.

In this case makeing the 'new' airport different in functionality means there is some sense in sitting it next to the old one, ie the old one is the departure lounge, the new one is the customs and waiting area. I think the control tower and the plane are the 'sort of' distinctly airporty parts of the set :tongue: I can see why you prefer the curved panels, but I'd argue that due to the size of most airports their architecture is generally quite utilitarian and therefore flat and boring, so the flat panels are more acurate.

and lego has proven to us that they CAN make a great plane that it isnt <insert that tiresome argument>

7628-1.jpg

with brick built front tail and wings a great landing system and with good detail..

I agree that this is a nice plane, but you are glossing over the huge stickers over the <insert that tiresome argument> trans black hull. I cant see this is a better compromise than the large plane hulls, those pieces once they have the stickers on aren't going to be any more usefull.