Christian

City 2010

While reading Imperial Shadow's great review of the 6521 Emergeny Repair Truck I thought:

May it be that behind the set name 3179 breakdown vehicle there is an updated version of this classic car - but in orange color, with more tools and the modern car repair worker from this year?

6521.jpg

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well, if they are doing more fire sets, I hope they change the fire hydrant design, and use this piece in red or yellow, rather than this one. They already use that design in the displays, and I think it looks better.

Edited by Mariko

May it be that behind the set name 3179 breakdown vehicle there is an updated version of this classic car - but in orange color, with more tools and the modern car repair worker from this year?

This is what I hope for this set aswell. It would make an excellent little set, and would fit in with the Repair sub theme.

The fire hydrant wasn't in any City sets yet, except for the 8401 City Life set. The other were all included in the Modular House sets. But studs on 4 sides in rather unrealistic too. I think it would be best if they would use the brick 1 x 1 with studs on two sides.

It doesn't make that much difference at this point, but I thought I should give you guys the correct translations for some of the ones that Google didn't get quite right.

This sounds like a great list with 3 of the sets being excellent in my opinion, pigsty with tractor (what else could we ask for? who does not need some pigs and a tractor?), breakdown vehicle (this could be orange, and very cute), and fuel truck (could very well be just as nice as the Cement Mixer, or Garbage Truck?). Whilst these are not completely civilian sets, they are not Fire or Police sets either, so I am more than happy.

The fire hydrant wasn't in any City sets yet, except for the 8401 City Life set. The other were all included in the Modular House sets. But studs on 4 sides in rather unrealistic too. I think it would be best if they would use the brick 1 x 1 with studs on two sides.

It was also in 7641 City Corner, 5613 Firefighter impulse, 7744 Police Headquarters, and 7907 City Advent Calendar.

I suppose I'm just used to fire hydrants with three valve things (not sure what they're called), similar to what you can find in the pictures LEGO uses to show off their new sets.

it appears that all minifigures do is work, shop and eat pizza.

In fairness, sounds not dissimilar to my own life. :tongue:

the hospital is rather small for the ammount of accidents that must happen to give reason to the massive fire brigade and police force.

Yeah, but a minifig doctor only has to be able to clip 7 pieces together and they can pretty much cure anything. Comparitively speaking, they have a much less complex job than the poor construction workers.

whats a tank truck? i assume not a truck hauling a tank around on it :devil:

I bet that the Tank Truck will be very similar to this one - but six stucks wide, much bigger and perhaps even more detailed.

Btw: I don't want to give up my and your hopes but since the Repair Car will be very supposably released together with the Airport sets in April it might even be no real breakdown vehicle for our cities' streets but something like the Airplane Mechanic (which includes some sort of small "car", too). Nevertheless I don't hope that this will be the case. :sceptic:

Blurry pics of the first wave of 2010 SW and Toy Story sets are already out - where are the City pics?! :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well, me being new to EB, i can't call out any members, but I think that is unfair for our AFOLs to be saying that TLG is stupid to release fire/emergency sets yet again. The AFOLs who do not have a voice (Like me 5 miniutes ago before reading this thread in amazement :oh:) TFOLs (like me) and AFOLs have a major hobby in fire truck building and making our city very realistic with big fire stations and trucks that are more U.S. like. We welcome these new sets with open arms because we also need the parts to make are own creations. There are some narrow-minded comments in here. If you don't like them, DONT BUY THEM!

Mhm I partly agree with Tavares here,

for me it's not too bad as I'm new to City and might be interested if the design is decent, or the parts are good. If you don't like it save up your cash or spend it on parts for MOCs.

Obviously many people buy fire stations, airports and police stations every few years, otherwise TLC wouldn't continue selling them. :classic:

Benny

As long as LEGO makes sets other than Fire, Police and such I'm happy. I wish we would get a few more simple buildings, like a bank and post office and such so people can get rescued by the fire department or the police could stop the bad guys at the bank.

I can't wait to see the new plane stuff, I love LEGO planes! Never can have enough, and let's be honest, the last Airport sub theme was horrible. :laugh:

Also I doubt LEGO will be releasing a Hospital or Police theme in the summer, so we always have those to look forward too. I'm still hoping for LEGO Zoo with all the new animals LEGO now has.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that there will be a second wave in Summer 2010. Most of the civilian sets in 2009 were released in the second wave anyways, minus the 4WD with horse trailer and the City Mini-Figure Collection

There are some narrow-minded comments in here. If you don't like them, DONT BUY THEM!

I think you are forgetting that people are entitled to express their views on whether they like things or not here, Tavares. I think most of the concerns aren't purely because they don't like fire sets. It's more the fact that The Lego Group only release a limited number of city sets each year. The fire sets are therefore taking the place of other potential sets, some of us City fans would prefer to see. There's nothing narrow-minded about wanting more variety.

I think you are forgetting that people are entitled to express their views on whether they like things or not here, Tavares. I think most of the concerns aren't purely because they don't like fire sets. It's more the fact that The Lego Group only release a limited number of city sets each year. The fire sets are therefore taking the place of other potential sets, some of us City fans would prefer to see. There's nothing narrow-minded about wanting more variety.

Agreed.

I know, i just lost my head, sorry. I agree that we need some more useful City sets like a bank, post office, etc., but i also think that lego should improve on the old fire sets and hopefully make the more detailed, thats all. By the way, has anyone seen pics of these yet? I checked in the instructions page on lego but no luck there.

Edited by Capt. Tavares

I know, i just lost my head, sorry. I agree that we need some more useful City sets like a bank, post office, etc., but i also think that lego should improve on the old fire sets and hopefully make the more detailed, thats all. By the way, has anyone seen pics of these yet? I checked in the instructions page on lego but no luck there.

No problem Tavares. Hopefully the fire sets will contain some decent parts so that even those who aren't that into emergency service could get the sets too, eg, some new civilian figures to be 'rescued'. I haven't seen any pictures yet but hopefully we'll see something soon. I'm really looking forward to the piglets!

I take it you have seen the modular fire station is now out? I love the modular sets and surely this will be really useful for your fire brigade MOCs (money permitting I guess).

Take care.

I am not sure, if it has been posted anywhere, or not yet, but today one member of my AFOL forum posted a picture of 7208 :

See picture here

It is weird. Only two good things are the cat and the tree..

Edited by Kanal-K1

Indeed, not much to get excited about. I'm curious about the construction of the yellow 'what-do-you-call-that-thing-in-English' in the bottom-left corner of the box. The ladder truck is a pretty good version of a Mercedes Benz Econic ladder though. I'm curious about the construction of the ladder mechanism as well. The 2 x 4 tiles (first spotted in Toy Story) seem to be making their entry in City as the signs on top of the garages.

It could make a nice expansion pack to the previous City fire station, as it uses the same color scheme, but it's a shame TLG never includes a good engine (as opposed to pretty decent ladder trucks and aerials) in these fire station sets.

(btw: I am excited about 2010 City pics turning up, so are more City 2010 pics being posted on your forum? :wink: )

edit: The staff are probably (more like 100% probability :grin: ) going to require you to turn that image into a link as no 'confidential pre-lim pics' are allowed on EB. Better turn it into a link yourself so that everyone can have a sneak-peek on your site.

Edited by Rick

Indeed, not much to get excited about. I'm curious about the construction of the yellow 'what-do-you-call-that-thing-in-English' in the bottom-left corner of the box. The ladder truck is a pretty good version of a Mercedes Benz Econic ladder though. I'm curious about the construction of the ladder mechanism as well. The 2 x 4 tiles (first spotted in Toy Story) seem to be making their entry in City as the signs on top of the garages.

(btw: I am excited about 2010 City pics turning up, so are more City 2010 pics being posted on your forum? :wink: )

edit: The staff are probably (more like 100% probability :grin: ) going to require you to turn that image into a link as no 'confidential pre-lim pics' are allowed on EB. Better turn it into a link yourself so that everyone can have a sneak-peek on your site.

Pictures edited, no more pictures yet. Hope, that there will come finally some season, when last FD station will burn out into the sands of time, and some other theme will be used in City....

That yellow thing could be a stretcher, available in yellow for the first time.

WOW, if that is a real pic, then it actually does look good!

Let's not forget, LEGO is still a company that wants to make money, and if you didn't see a fire station coming this year, then you missed the biggest clue of all.

Fire Brigade!

(USD) $150 for a brand new fire station that fits into the CC style was great! A child may walk up to his parents and show them the Fire Brigade, but Mom or Dad may think it's a bit too much for their child. Now, the second box they bring up may be that set you mentioned earlier (again, if that is it), and now, it's a bit cheaper and designed for the 5-12 range...a win for LEGO.

I've always like the fire sets, great potential for modding and MOCing. Looking forward to whatever else LEGO brings out next year for the city line!

Its not really my cup of tea, but I don't think it looks that bad really. For a City Fire Station it's OK it would deffinetly integrate well with the last one, the truck has a nice windscreen, and that might be a yellow stretcher.

But surely this is the first of many 'leaked' picture to appear, i'm sure the better sets will be before our jaded and overly critical AFOL eyes very soon, I hope?

Yes indeed, it's probably a yellow stretcher, which is a nice accessory for a Lego fire brigade. I agree, it's certainly a nice set, just not much new compared to the previous fire station. Still, I might be tempted when it goes on a deep discount somewhere... I'll throw this in with the previous fire station and make a big four-bay station. I guess you can never have too many fire stations. :wink: