Jerac

[MOC]A-Wing

indexed.gif

I thought that I could share it here, for SW fans ;>

While I can't say that I am a "Star Wars builder", because there is just one ship from SW built by me, that one ship - my favourite in whole SW - has grabbed my attention for long.

The RZ-1 A-wing Interceptor. A weird one, appears just few seconds in the movies, probably if not the Executor accident nobody would even know about its existence. Yet that little ship got popularised by Lucas Arts games, and its distinct shape has proven to be lego-proof for a long time. Actually, nobody ever done it right, and I wonder if it is even possible.

I didn't succeed, either. There are still some issues that I just can't fix anyhow. Yet, I hope you like it :)

aw000.jpg

aw002.jpg

Brickshelf, Flickr!

Man, that is fantastic. I love the way you achieved both its wedge shape and the roundness of its sides.

Great Job! :thumbup:

I absolutely love it! As someone who collects lots of non-Lego Star Wars vehicles, I can recognise all the little details, like the slight gap in the front, the assymetric colour panel scheme, the rear fins, etc. Brilliant. And here I was thinking the new green A-wing in the Home One set was good, it's really surprising you got so much detail and still kept it reasonably within minifig scale.

What issues can't you fix? It's perfect. I don't think you need to fix anything. :sweet: Amazing work!

I don't like the blue color.

But the way you built your MOC is very very impressive !

The shape is juste perfect ! :cry_happy:

Give this man a cookie no make to two cookies. This has to be the best I have ever seen. :thumbup:

:oh: Best A-Wing ever!

I just love the sleek and accurate design that you've achieved here. It looks so much like the proper model and is far better than TLG's versions. The colours are different, but great! They really look good together on this ship. The details on the guns and the stickers are wonderful! I cannot fault it at all and to say you didn't succeed is a huge understatement!

Brilliant work, Jerac! :thumbup:

That's amazing. At first glance I thought the picture you provided was from Wookiepedia or something. Great job :thumbup:

thats just pure awesome. Colour scheme is awesome and the detailing is so good. The a wing has a great shape to it and the stickers make the moc better.

Great moc and would love to see more star wars ships :grin:

Thanks for replies, guys! Indeed, I a

The biggest problem I see is actually not visible too much on the photos, but in real life it is - because photos are sligltly too bright. Generally:

awbad.gif

The one on left is what I'd like it to be, the one on right is how mine looks. At least for me it is damn annoying :>

As for the colour scheme, I was just bored about red, I don't have pieces for dkred, green looked rather weird (and also some parts are very rare or even just don't exist)... and finally, I always wanted a white-blue A-Wing :>

The one on left is what I'd like it to be, the one on right is how mine looks. At least for me it is damn annoying :>

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it looks a lot more accurate from your photos than you give yourself credit for!

I really like the design of the A-wing too and you've certainly done it justice here. You've captured the shape really well - despite your reservations - and the fine details are spot-on.

Got any shots of the rear and interior?

That's good. That's damn good. I wish TLG would make sets that were kind of like a transition between normal system and UCS. Just a bunch of minifig scale medium-sized vehicles that are a lot more accurate to the movie versions. X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, the TIEs, AT-ST, the list goes on.