Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 13

A brown stained pair of tighty whities land on his head as he continues to hold on for dear life. :laugh:

They used to be white. We haven't had facilities for a couple of days. Sorry.

I guess I'll grab his hand and try to steady while somebody else, hopefully with a little more weight, can grab his other arm and help pull him up.

Lorraine, my love, you can roll around with me tonight if you help me save Brakes. I believe there's a pony in my cabin, but I hear he's very neat and doesn't take up too much room.

I guess I'll grab his hand and try to steady while somebody else, hopefully with a little more weight, can grab his other arm and help pull him up.

Where's Bulldog when you need him? I'll grab Brakes' other hand and pull him up. Steve, can you grab Herman and I and pull us up while we pull Brakes?

Brake's grip loosens as Herman and Jim Butcher try to pull him up. :cry_sad:

Pulling slowly, they are able to lift him to safety.

A happy Brakes decides to never attempt to cross Cassandra Crossing again. :classic: Removing the whip cream Mystery Ship torpedo stained underwear from his head, he says, "thanks fellas", with sincere gratitude. :sweet:

A happy Brakes decides to never attempt to cross Cassandra Crossing again. :classic: Removing the whip cream Mystery Ship torpedo stained underwear from his head, he says, "thanks fellas", with sincere gratitude. :sweet:

I've been wearing those since Mystery Ship. :blush: Sorry. How did I even remove them? I don't remember taking my pants off! *huh*

*Austin still heroically in mid jump to the theme music of six million dollar man*

Er, did I make it? Because I'm pretty sure it ain't possible for me ta ran and take a flyin' leap and yet these here fella arrive before now?

*Austin still heroically in mid jump to the theme music of six million dollar man*

Er, did I make it? Because I'm pretty sure it ain't possible for me ta ran and take a flyin' leap and yet these here fella arrive before now?

I'll help you.

*throws underpants*

Hoorah! You scared me there for a second Brakes...

Now, is everyone across? And what does this area over the bridge look like?

No! I'm still here.

*Reluctantly dresses*

Now will someone help me across?

Herman, don't throw your tighty-whities. I have my own elasticated support.

I think I'm still over here too. Schmelt, I don't mind going together, but it might be safer if we cross one at a time.

I think I'm still over here too. Schmelt, I don't mind going together, but it might be safer if we cross one at a time.

Yes, seeing as Brakes just almost plunged to his doom, we should be extra careful.

Is that everyone? I hope we're not intending to come back this way.

I don't know if my nerves could survive a return journey.

Everyone returned to the front/beginning of the bridge. Would anyone like to try to cross once again?

I misunderstood, then. No, I'm happy where I am.

I blame the sunstroke! :wacko::wink:

Moisturise me, moisturise me!

Is there anything else we can do? I'd like to try once more, going all the way across alone.

Last to cross is Brakes. He steps on the 2x4s and begins walking across. About half way, one of the 2x4s split and Brakes falls through the opening along the side! :oh3: His hands grab one of the boards as his feet dangle above the ravine. "Help"! he yells. :sing:
A brown stained pair of tighty whities land on his head as he continues to hold on for dear life. :laugh:
Brake's grip loosens as Herman and Jim Butcher try to pull him up. :cry_sad:

Pulling slowly, they are able to lift him to safety.

Aww :cry_happy:

I am glad to be safe and not fallen to the ravens. Thanks guys. You people are real awesome. :cry_happy:

Enough bridge crossing for me in one day.

I wouldn't have a clue where I am, but I want to know how you got a hold of this here picture! :angry:

geno_swirly.jpg:laugh:

That was a very traumatic time! :cry_sad:

I will go over the bridge, assuming I get a good roll. :sweet:

*Austin still hangs heroically up in the air awaiting confirmation as to which side he'll land on*

Make up yer mind on which side yer going ta fellas! I ain't got the patience for this! And someone help me down, all I've got up here is Herman's underwear, and its darn creepin' me out!

Jim Butcher and Mark decide to cross the bridge once again. As the others hold their breath, they make their way along the rickety bridge with a few planks in hand.

Eventually reaching the second opening along the bridge, they place the planks in a secure manner and walk across. They reach the half way point when suddenly, a large CREAK is heard! :oh: The middle section of the bridge falls a few inches as they grab the side railing.

With a lot of dust in the air from the shifting of the bridge, they're not sure if they should continue forward or return the way they came.

Just then, Jim discovers a small piece of paper pinned to the side of the bridge. It's a note that reads:

Cassandra Crossing has proven to be an unsafe passage out of Willoughby. I'm sorry, but you've come a long way for nothing.

-JC

Jim and Mark suddently remember this disaster movie scene:

shifting

I didn't read that as shifting the first time. :laugh:

So! Guys! We've rolled the d20 taken a vote and think you should keep going! Ok? OK! :thumbup:

Say hey to Bulldog for us. :look:

avarin.jpg

Perhaps someone is trying to tell us that this is NOT a safe route out of Willoughby.

avlorraine.jpg

It's been a long time since I've been out this way, but even if we make it across Cassandra Crossing, the next town is at least 250 miles away. What can we hope to accomplish by crossing on foot?

avhoward.jpg

We have learned that if the nearby switch track leads any train in this direction, it would result in a terrible catastrophy. I don't want to return to town, but maybe we should be looking at getting our Crocodile Rods out of here, aboard another train.

avarin.jpg

Hey Snitchman! Is that my shirt?

I thought we'd find something interesting, maybe even relevant and important, here, but apart from getting to see an old bridge tumble down into a gorge, taking down another one of us, this was just another useless dead-end.

I honestly don't know anything about trains (or rods, for that matter), but let's just try our luck with that crocodile or alligator or whatever it was.

If only we would find a way to connect the old rails to the express line... :sceptic: