Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 13

Well, that's not good.

I'm willing to go back to the mill and grab some wood so we can try to fill in those missing planks and get across this thing, but I do think that some of you should back off to reduce the stress on the bridge.

Brakes! Could you come help me with my wood! :wink:

:cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: We can't lose Bulldog! Maybe he's OK. We need to get a rope or something to try and reach him. What if he's down there alive?

The Mayor is bad, and so is the guy without the pin and Jethro. Those I know for sure. Sorry Jim, that was just a whim. I thought Alex was hinting to us that you were a real people butcher. Also, Grillin' George is probably a baddy and so is whoever hurt Jim Butcher. Arin would know.

Anyway, Bulldog was one of my friends! We can't just leave him. He wouldn't leave us. We have to see if he's alive or not. There has to be a way down there!

Is Bulldog gone for good??? :cry_sad:

He was a nice chap and now he is gone. Is there no chance that we can save him? We need to find a safe place and sit down. By the way, where is Steve? :look:

Yes, I will come along.

Arin, Jim Butcher, Brakes, Steve Thomas, Lorraine, George, and Jethro have reached a 5-6 foot open area on the bridge. In returning toward the front end of the bridge, they have come to the area where Bulldog fell into the ravine. The opening is about the same length. What to do???

avdavid.jpg

You guys could try jumping across either direction. Just don't blame me if someone doesn't make it.

Ring...Ring... Telephone call. It's for you precarious bridge walkers. It's Bulldog, he's asking for his safety net back. Okay, that was just bad. Sorry Bulldog. (looks down in ravine and does the sign of the cross)

Yes, I will come along.

avcharlie.jpg

I want to watch this!

What to do???

Scroll back a few posts and see where Brakes and I are working to collect planks to patch the bridge? :hmpf_bad:

*takes Brakes by the hand and starts skipping back towards the mill where we collect wood and then return to the bridge to lay it across the gaps for safe passage, one plank at a time*

Scroll back a few posts and see where Brakes and I are working to collect planks to patch the bridge? :hmpf_bad:

*takes Brakes by the hand and starts skipping back towards the mill where we collect wood and then return to the bridge to lay it across the gaps for safe passage, one plank at a time*

Through the loss of Bulldog, Greaseman becomes a bit delusional and skips off ALONE toward the mill. He soon realizes that his good friend Brakes is back at the bridge trapped between the two open sections. :wink:

avbrakes.jpg

Sorry Grease, but I'm trapped on the bridge. I'll gather some wood as soon as I'm able to resolve this little situation. CLASSIC TOWN RULES!

avmcfarlin.jpg

Want some wood?

NOTE those trapped on the bridge: Arin, Jim Butcher, Brakes, Steve Thomas, Lorraine, George, and Jethro

*gives cold stares to the hand-holding Jimbee and Arin*

*quickly takes back hand*

:cry_sad:

The Mayor is bad, and so is the guy without the pin and Jethro. Those I know for sure. Sorry Jim, that was just a whim. I thought Alex was hinting to us that you were a real people butcher. Also, Grillin' George is probably a baddy and so is whoever hurt Jim Butcher. Arin would know.

Huh? Where'd you take that from? Anyways, it's alright, and I agree that we should go down and check make sure he's okay. Even tough it's doubtful he survived, maybe it was a leap of faith. Maybe he's causing mischief and is covering it up with his faked dea- no, that's just horrible. I don't think he would do that... would he.

And we're trapped... I still say we try to get over, even though Alex is implying that we're not supposed to. If you still want to Arin, I'll jump with you.

If anyone else is planning on jumping after us, I suggest you do it in pairs, so that one falls, the other can save him/ her.

Or if one falls, she drags him down... :hmpf_bad:

The Mayor is bad ... I know for sure.

:hmpf: I suppose trying to reason with you won't do any good at this point?

How deep is this ravine? Can we see Bulldog? I'm guessing we would be able to hear him if he wasn't hurt badly, but there is the chance he is unconscious.

If the group has to jump I think it would be better to jump forward, even if that means we are separated. Perhaps we can walk along the ravine across from each other and look for another crossing, such as a fallen tree or climbable walls.

:hmpf: I suppose trying to reason with you won't do any good at this point?

I suppose if you were against the Town Council you'd be doing a lot more to get us out of here or at least have some sort of plan organized.

I'd like to see if Bulldog is OK. My rip-proof underpants have enough atomic wedgie power to bungee to the bottom of the ravine. I could take them off and lend them to anyone willing to try it! :sweet:

Oh god Bulldog! What have we come too? qaStaH nuq jay!! :sing:

OK people, just stay calm. I'm sure I will be able to find a solution to our problem.

*pulls out the D&D Masters Pocket Handbook*

B... but... :cry_sad:

Oh, I have an idea! If we knocked out the supports to either side, then with a bit of luck they could do the whole bridge tilt thing From The Fellowship of the Ring, where they topple the section forwards and then jump on to the other side. Perfect! :sweet:

Oh, I have an idea! If we knocked out the supports to either side, then with a bit of luck they could do the whole bridge tilt thing From The Fellowship of the Ring, where they topple the section forwards and then jump on to the other side. Perfect! :sweet:

Snap out of it, this isn't a movie! :angry: This bridge is made out of decaying planks, not dwarven stonework!

If you start wobbling the bridge, it'll collapse from under you and you'll all meet Bulldog sooner than you'd want to.

Someone should just get a saw from that mill and we'll cut some of those trees down and you can come back to this side along them. Everyone okay with this plan?

Someone should just get a saw from that mill and we'll cut some of those trees down and you can come back to this side along them. Everyone okay with this plan?

Sounds like a plan!

But how will we transport the wood back here?

Also, you can let Arin and Jimbee drop before we do anything to rescue the others :sadnew:

Through the loss of Bulldog, Greaseman becomes a bit delusional and skips off ALONE toward the mill. He soon realizes that his good friend Brakes is back at the bridge trapped between the two open sections. :wink:

So be it.

avmcfarlin.jpg

Want some wood?

NOTE those trapped on the bridge: Arin, Jim Butcher, Brakes, Steve Thomas, Lorraine, George, and Jethro

Excellent. *pulls out his gun* Yes, scary farmer dude, I do want some wood, and you and the rest who aren't currently trapped on the bridge are going to go get it while I cover you with my gun. Now let's get to it, time is wasting and if I shoot you in the head, it'll only slow things down. Are we clear?

We can collect plenty of already cut planks at the mill. If each of you carries 5 or 6, we'll have plenty to get the job done.

Huh? There's trees all around us. We don't need planks, we need a sturdy trunk that those on the bridge can use to cross. As the saying goes, why go beyond the sea to fish?

Huh? There's trees all around us. We don't need planks, we need a sturdy trunk that those on the bridge can use to cross. As the saying goes, why go beyond the sea to fish?

Because a tree is heavy, and round, and unstable. We don't need to add a ton of extra weight, nor do we need anyone rolling off the bridge. Further, we still have to go to the mill for a saw, and then stand around cutting down a tree. That seems more efficient?

It'll only take a small number of planks, and honestly, I could have walked back for them myself in the time that has been wasted making cute conversation about it. Then we'd all be safely on the other side.

Because a tree is heavy, and round, and unstable.

We could've taken a few lighter trees, then. *huh*

But if you want planks, then go get some planks.

Ok Greaseman, what say you and I go to the mill and grab a few planks. Honestly, how heavy can plastic planks be? :tongue:

*Walks back to the mill with Grease to get some planks of wood*

We could use a tractor to transport the planks to the bridge instead of walking :wink:

We could use a tractor to transport the planks to the bridge instead of walking :wink:

It'll take to long to get it here, we'll just walk. Besides, we're almost there.

Um, guys? We don't need to go back to the mill to get a saw. I have an axe, remember?

*starts chopping up trees*

avcharlie.jpg

Excuse me folks, but I have a construction background. I don't think it would be a really good idea to begin chopping down trees and placing them on the bridge. These trees are very old and heavy. Even if we are able to move one, I don't think this bridge would support the weight. Grease's idea to return to the mill for some "ready-cut" planks might be a better idea.

I'd be happy to come along. Who is with us?

I'd be happy to come along. Who is with us?

The three of us are with you!

avcharlie.jpg Three of you?

Yeah. Me, Mr. Smith, and Mr. Wesson. *pats gun* :wink:

Yeah. Me, Mr. Smith, and Mr. Wesson. *pats gun* :wink:

I see then, we best get going now.

We could all the hands we can get, so if anybody thinks they're strong enough to carry a few 2x4s, you are welcome to come along.

Also, you can let Arin and Jimbee drop before we do anything to rescue the others :sadnew:

No, Schmelt! Please! I said it was platonic! See? *pushes Arin off the bridge*

( :tongue: )

I'll join the group going to the mill.