Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Col. Thok

LDD Butcher Shop

After losing my LDD virginity in building my church, I was determined to make a building to fit in with the market square set. So, here it is, my second try, a defensible butcher shop.

resize4.png

Front. I forgot to put furniture inside, so here it is around the back. Inside, there is a counter streching two studs wide and x sides long.

resize_6.png

Back. For the upstairs, there is a bureau (the panels will serve as drawers), two beds, a hat rack and a nightstand. For the shop, there are two display cases. As well, there is a back, private entrance to the above suite.

I hope this is better than the church. You know what they say: Your second time is always better than your first.

C&C appreciated.

LDD doesn't do this justice. It looks nice, but I haven't seen your church yet.

This looks good! I like the way the top story is larger than the bottom. However it would be good if you tried a "panneling effect" like in MMV on the top floor. It really improves the building.

Good stuff.

You might want to change the colour of the top floor from stone (bley) to white. A tudor or wattle & daub second floor would look really good. Another option is to switch the stone second floor with the tudored first floor. Given the weight of stone, a wood first floor seems a bit strange. Most tudor buildings if they used stone at all would have stone foundations with the cheaper tudoring on the second or third floors.

It's a very nice shop. With a few enhancements it could really stand out. If you switched the wood and stone this could probably double as a soldier's watch tower. It has a very pirate feel to it.

Good stuff.

Thanks!

You might want to change the colour of the top floor from stone (bley) to white. A tudor or wattle & daub second floor would look really good. Another option is to switch the stone second floor with the tudored first floor. Given the weight of stone, a wood first floor seems a bit strange. Most tudor buildings if they used stone at all would have stone foundations with the cheaper tudoring on the second or third floors.

Trust me, I'm not happy with it. I am in the process of reworking it.

If you switched the wood and stone this could probably double as a soldier's watch tower.

Just wait for my blockhouse. :skull:

Thanks for the comments! :thumbup: