Bonaparte

Now taking YOUR ideas for the future of LEGO Pirates theme

Here's my wish list.

1. A large ship for the soldiers, with 2 midsections and lots of :cannon: , plus some redcoats. Preferably, it would be in Dk. Blue with white trim and all-white sails, with tan or Dk. Tan decking.

2. A bluecoat battle pack with 4-5 bluecoats, a rowboat, and a cannon.

3. A small bluecoat ship with 1 midsection, 4 cannons, in black with white trim, and a bluecoat crew.

4. A civilian freighter with one midsection, in brown, with some generic civilians for the crew. And maybe a smaller version of the cannon on a 1x2 or 1x3 base to make it sell well.

5. A harbor with crane, shops, a couple of rowboats, civilians, and a small frieghter with no midsections. It would be compatible with 6242 Soldier's Fort.

6. A small pirate ship with no midsections, in Dk. Green with green trim, 2-3 cannons, and a small crew.

7. Islander sets. :pir-laugh::pir-wink::kahuka:

8. New weapons as was suggested earlier.

So, not much. :pir_laugh2:

A harbour, like the Market Village but with a harbourmaster's building, a shop (fish shop?) and a pier also a few stalls and a rowboat or two. Minifigs should be 1 or 2 pirates, 2 imperial guards and 3 or 4 civilians dressed in clothes from the 18th century. Preferably with a kid too.

I'd like to see a set like 6267 - small tavern which could be compatible to soldiers fort (modular building) and of course some soldiers ship!

- A detailed harbour with civilians

- a detailed 16-wide merchant ship, shorter than 6243

- a detailed 6-wide small ship

(or all together!)

(don't forget the detail please!)

:)

il'd like to see a baddie ship

You mean, like, a pirate ship? :pir-wink:

I forgot to mention earlier: I think a new map would be good, too. Or at least the map we got with the Pirates I line.

I would like to see 2 large ships one pirate and one Red and Blue coat mixture with blue as the officers and the pirate ship with black and dark red colors with more torsos. Also on the land side I want A large soldier fort and maybe a pirate cave.

Something which i have been thinking about while making my own ship, was what if we had a hull section which split in half sideways. Odd suggestion? i'll explain.

My idea falls into place in particular if there were bluecoats and redcoats on the market - the pirates already have their own ship, and i cant really see TLC releasing a further two ships at once - as ships are expensive and the regular 2.4 children family wont be able to afford 3 ships on the whole (Obviously there are us lego pirate enthusiasts who would somehow manage to rustle up the money from somewhere even if it meant spending our last penny! But i think 3 ships would be a no go for TLC basically!).

By having a ship which split sideways in two, it would allow the more imaginitive to have a redcoat AND bluecoat ship at once - from a side angle. Perhaps changeable colour sails and cannon flaps could be included so that the two "ships" could be made to look totally different.

When two ships are not required on a voyage - i.e. Its just the recoats persuing the pirates, the ship could be clipped back together to make one complete ship.

I'll probably come back later with a better and more thought out explantion, but theres my two coppers! :)

A lot of people have already suggested what I was thinking about, but I'm telling my ideas too (just to strengthen them :pir-tongue: )

More ships: One for the soldiers (preferably the same size as Brickbeard's Bounty), One smaller pirate ship (like Renegade Runner or Cross Bone Clipper) and one civilian ship (In the same size as the small pirate ship). I think the ships is the most characteristic part of the Pirate theme and I'd like to see more diversity there.

A trading port: Like many others said, something like MMV but for Pirates with civilian minifigs. Nikau's idea was very good :thumbup:

New heads and torsos: I don't really care about this red coats vs blue coats thing but I do want to have two different soldiers, although I prefer a new colour over the classic blue/red (dark green would be lovely :pir-cry_happy: ). More diversity of the heads is also wanted! Screaming, wounded, shouting, laughing, sleeping, crying, etc. And of course more female minifigs :pir_kiss:

Something which i have been thinking about while making my own ship, was what if we had a hull section which split in half sideways.

I think this is a good idea but i thought of another way it could be handy. If say the hulls were able to be connected sideways by those technic pieces then you could add bricks between the two haves of the hull and make the hulls as wide as you want. If you could do that then it would be much easier to build huge ships. I think that is the really great potential of this idea.

-Islanders! :pir-wink:

- Brown Tricornes!

-More plume colours!

-Bluecoats! (So I can make a comic about 1812 so I can convinse Martinsuper that America didn't win the war of 1812)

-Atleast one new weapon! (Give me a Mortar!)

Wow, couldn't have said it better! :pir-wink: ~LW 8~

Hi folks. My wishlist isnat about the biggest ships. of course, if there was a goodlooking ship like a 2decker i would buy it . but what i want is more to fill the pirate world.

like smugglers, civillians, pirate town sets. just look at the town serie, you have pizza makers. gas stations, houses. and ROADS. I Would like to have some road baseplates like the town have,but with dirt tracks or stone tracks so i can make my own sort of town. Have to be so wide that i can have a horse wagon on it.

I also would like a bajonet to fix on my rifles. and smaller cannons, so they can fit in a samller vessel/fort

minifig packs of pirates and soldiers, and Civillians.. and kids. smaller lego figs that have feet like the big ones, not the dwarf style but just a smaller copy of the regular minifig.

officer uniform for the soldiers, like in the old pirates.

Bicorne with white stripes for high ranking officers.

some new BURP's not that steep like the old ones but useful for making islands or cliffs without spending a fortune on bricks.

elements that fit into the 3 by 10 modul in soldiers fort. (smaller sets that is equal to the plates ( 12 x10)

A sort of junction so we can build on one base plate and lay another base plate ontop of the bricks and set it connect them there.

and last. something to hang the sabres on for the soldiers. now they have to carry them in one hand. would look nice if my generals have both hands free on a parade :pir_laugh2:

wagons, both for horses and for man and for oxes

Just got my BB now, just miss the pirates hieout now.

- A better battle pack (compared to the 2009 one). And go back to classic boxes and unbuilt figures!

- Try using some different soldier headpieces! (Pirates too!)

- One or two civillians sets.

- Yay, bluecoates!

- And islanders too!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd prefer to see another year of redcoat sets before bluecoats get re-introduced. A larger addition to the Solidier's Fort which when added would give you something similar to the Imperial Trading Post would be nice as would a redcoat ship. A lot of people would like one that is just as large as the pirate ships and I would prefer that as well, but I would be happy if they made a $50 mid sized ship too. Any redcoat ship would be better than none.

I also wouldn't mind something like the service packs that Lego had throughout the 90's. Give us an admiral's hat, some shakos, muskets, pistols, cutlasses, epaulets, coins and a treasure chest, etc, a lot of accessories. That would be very cool.

I think the most obvious thing that is needed next in the pirates line is a ship for the Imperals to combat the bounty, they really need a bit more than just rowboats.

While bluecoats would be cool i think they need to stick with redcoats for at least one more release.

Don't worry, I'm in the minority with you. I think it's unlikely they'll switch to bluecoats so early, if at all - look how much disagreement they generated in the classic pirate line by switching from blue coats to red coats. Why start that up with a whole new generation? I think it's very unlikely that Lego will switch to bluecoats just because of nostalgic AFOLS.

However, if they DID introduce bluecoats, this is how I think it should be done: they should be introduced as a rival army. Instead of just substituting red for blue on all the minifigs and flags, they should completely redesign the uniforms, hats and flags to make it clear that these two armies are at war with each other. Not just red and blue versions of the same thing.

Otherwise there's no practical purpose to be served whatsoever.

Thanks for all the idea's and feedback so far, keep'em coming!

At the end of this month I'll write the report for LEGO based on all the received ideas. And reading through this thread, some big lines start to surface already.

I would love to see an exclusive port town in the style of the MMV with civilians and perhaps compatible with the soldier's fort. It would be cool to see a figure with a powdered wig (like a judge or governor fig) like I think was discussed in one of the topics on the forum. Of course, it's always nice to have some more female figs. A small merchant (civilian) boat would really complement this set nicely.

Besides this, I would like to see a large soldier's ship (perhaps the large set of the new wave) with at least some torso variation in the redcoats (like how old pirates had several different red and blue coat torsos) if they are not going to make the soldiers a different color.

For the pirates, I would like to see some new faces and torsos, especially for the captain. I would be nice to have a more "tattered" captain fig (like an updated version of this) to perhaps inhabit an island refuge set and add some diversity to who is leading the pirates. I'd also like to see the rag hat in more colors, and maybe a new longer style rag hat mold. It would be nice for the pirates to have a smaller ship for those who can't afford to get the last wave's big set. I think it would be really interesting to have a "pirate queen" be a new major character in the next wave. Perhaps even the main pirate leader. This is especially true since the new pirate line has a really strong female component already (with the governor's daughter, pirate wench, and mermaid).

Another thing I would like to see is a pirate chess set with the new figures from the next wave. New admiral fig or governor fig for the soldier's king, new governor's wife fig for the queen, new colored or torsoed soldiers for the pawns. For the pirates side: new pirate captain (perhaps with different colored hook), new pirate queen fig, new mixture of pirate figs for the pawns. If they wanted to make it a huge set like the immense castle one from a while back, they could add soldiers on horses and mermaids as decorations to it. But that's probably just wishful thinking :)

Edited by supertoad64

I think I belong to the mayority. Some bluecoat sets would be great. But please give us a fort with more details than the last one :pir-blush: It was nice, but a little bit to <insert that tiresome argument> with these big wall plates.

The best set which could be released would be an imperial ship! It mustn´t be that huge (doesn´t mean that it wouldn´t be fantastic if the ship is huge) but it should be strong enough to keep up with the actual pirates ship.

Edited by Bammboso

I want ships to have more than one decks, it seems Lego always has wimpy 1-deck Ships. I also want Redcoats, Bluecoats, and Spaniards in the same year(s).

But then that way they would have to get rid of the "good guys" mentality.

As both an AFOL and a parent of two boys ages 7 and 4, what I'd like to see is:

1. More sets within the US$10-25 range. The big sets are great for birthdays and Christmases but my boys often use gift cards or gift money on the smaller sets. They also receive smaller sets as rewards for special events: teeth pulled at the dentist, a good report card, etc.

2. No stickers! Applying them can be frustrating for both father and son.

3. Two words: Ghost. Pirates. One of my sons' favorite sets is the Castle set 7029 Skeleton Ship Attack, particularly the skeleton captain with the gray beard and bicorne hat. TLG may be aware that Fisher-Price's Imaginext pirate line featured a pack of two skeleton figures, which sold so well that it spawned an entire line of skeleton pirates. Mega Bloks and Playmobil have them too. If LEGO were to make Pirate-themed sets like 7029 (a ghost ship, maybe a ghost island), I guarantee my boys would be on them like white on rice.

4. Jungle islands of all sizes with ruins and traps, like 6278 Enchanted Island or 6270 Forbidden Island. 6253 Shipwreck Hideout is one of my favorite sets because of the many action features.

5. A lighthouse. For pirates, imperials, or even -- heh -- ghost pirates. There's been watch towers and crow's nests but never a lighthouse.

6. Louisiana or bayou-inspired sets (maybe even as a modular New Orleans-style port town): gaslit docks, swamp shacks on stilts, voodoo witch doctors, alligators, and so on. I've tried this with my own MOCs but I'm terrible; I'd like to see LEGO's take on it.

7. More Spanish features and details, specifically breastplates and morions to make conquistador skeletons like the one in 7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle. Armada fans could use them on the regular imperial figures to make Spanish armies.

8. New heads for the imperials and torsos for the pirates, yes, but variety could be enhanced by adding brown/black minifigs to the mix (historically it's been estimated that pirate crews were often 25 percent non-European). This is something I'd like to see across the LEGO spectrum.