Bonaparte

Now taking YOUR ideas for the future of LEGO Pirates theme

I would like to see a tavern and a treasurey for the little port they had out this year. More civilians.

A desert island with a shipwreck filled with loot on it.

New treasure in pearl gold ie coins candlesticks etc.

A new soldier ship.

The return of the spanish.

What about a ghost ship? I know it wouldn't be as "realistic" as the rest of the pirate sets but it would still be pretty interesting!

What about a ghost ship? I know it wouldn't be as "realistic" as the rest of the pirate sets but it would still be pretty interesting!

That's another direction that I hope they won't take. I like the - kind of cartoony - realism of the pirates theme. I hope they don't introduce fantasy factions like they did to the castle line.

So much of the obvious has been mentioned a million times like Blue base plates and shako's on Pick a Brick an imperial ship and bluecoat soldiers. If they were to make a new element I would love for lego to make extra large hull sections that were three times as wide in the beam and twice or three times as high then we could build our own larger ships. It would be like having big baseplates to build on. They could sell them in packs (bow and stern together and then two hull sections in a seperate pack). It would take ship building to a whole new world.

Here is what I would like:

An extention to soldiers fort to include something like the ITP- docks, a ship, and some buildings. It would be great if it could have civilians, too.

A large, exclusive imperial ship, perhaps with 5 midsections and 5 cannon, a top deck, 3 masts, and a cabin below deck. It would have to be as realistic as possible, perhaps with interior, and it could be in the style of city corner, green grocer, ect. It would have to be less than $200 to sell well.

We need better battlepacks, one for each side.

Edited by Admiral M

A large, exclusive imperial ship, perhaps with 5 midsections and 5 cannon, 2 decks, 3 masts, and a cabin below deck. It would have to be as realistic as possible, perhaps with interior, and it could be in the style of city corner, green grocer, ect. It would have to be less than $200 to sell well.

Oh yeah! Complete with interior should be possible with about 2,000 parts, i.e. around €150/$150 (like CC/GG). This may be too wishful think though...

By interior I mean that the top deck can be taken off. I don't think they would need that many pieces, perhaps more like 1000, which would be worth $150. Lego is so overpriced...

Edited by Admiral M

The Modular Buildings (Cafe Corner and Green Grocer) are over 2,000 pieces each and cost €150 on S@H, but then again a ship would have a higher price per piece because of the large hull pieces and things like sails.

600 pieces for $100? That's almost 14 cents a piece! Still, hulls and masts aside, it would still be 550 pieces for $80, not near a good deal...

Lego is so overpriced...

Remember making the bricks isn't the only thing they have to pay for. If you want to have a little bit profit you need to have higher prices.

LEGO is expensive, that's true, but I'd like to pay some more to keep TLC running! You just won't know how much illegal concurrention there is in China and Japan because the copyright ran off.

Yes, you are right, I am glad that the bricks are so high quality, and the workers adequetly paid, but it is a fact that set prices have exploded over the decade.

That would be a great idea. I'd go for that - it's not been done before and it should interest the kids. :jollyroger:

As to something I would personally not like to see: Islanders, at least not like in the Pirates I line.

Seconded.

A tavern would be great, with a contemporary horse and cart.

Oh no! Nobody has said the return of the Imperial Armada!

Yeah with silver helmets and armor! :pir-cry_happy:

They could be like the early explorers with some nice Galleons, small settlements and what not...

Why not have a Columbus license? :pir-classic:

Oh no! Nobody has said the return of the Imperial Armada!

Oops! looks like we all forgot

Yeah with silver helmets and armor! :pir-cry_happy:

They could be like the early explorers with some nice Galleons, small settlements and what not...

Why not have a Columbus license? :pir-classic:

I like the black helmets Lego uses, I dont know it looks good :pir-classic: But I want to see dark gray colored conquistador helmets! :pir-sweet:

I like the black helmets Lego uses, I dont know it looks good :pir-classic: But I want to see dark gray colored conquistador helmets! :pir-sweet:

I want silver ones, i need them for the Prince Willim, along some silver armors but those are already available. :pir-sweet:

I want silver ones, i need them for the Prince Willim, along some silver armors but those are already available. :pir-sweet:

Chrome, or Metallic?

EDIT CGH: metallic, no shiny crap in the Age of Sail ;-)

Unlike most others, I'd prefer a small imperial ship, so people can actually afford buying a ship. As a kid I could never afford a ship them always being too darn expensive. So that woiuld have to be something like the renegade runner, only this time on the other side. And then, i think it would be really cool to get native americans in there too, thus merging two themes. and the last one, spaniards raiding tenochtitlan, the most amazing city that has ever been

Oops! looks like we all forgot

WHAAAAAAAT! How is this possible?

Unlike most others, I'd prefer a small imperial ship, so people can actually afford buying a ship.

I agree with you. A small ship like the merchant ship or "cutter" from the Imperial Trading Post as a standalone set is also something that has proved to be a popular idea in the past.

I want a big Imperial ship, equal to the size of Brickbeards Bounty!

Next to that, I would like to see the introduction of another theme, preferably Bluecoats or the Imperial Armada.

Port/town - 1 shop, 1 pub, a dock, 4 civilians, 3 soldiers, 3 pirates, pigs, accessories $99

Navy Ship - Need ship that can rival Brickbeards Bounty, I don't care if it's French or British, just get it done TLC!!! $79

Small Pirate Ship- A small $49 ship with 4 pirates and a stow away or a prisoner like others have said

Another Modular Fort that we can add on to the soldiers fort $39

-A small ship like in 6277

-Civillians/merchants

-Imperial Armada

-Islanders/Inca's/Aztecs/Mayans/whatever, at least a native tribe in a jungle setting (with traps, temples, tombs etc.)

-A new (smaller) type of cannon

-New accesoires (like maybe a new sword or gun, a globe, new map print, new animal)

(kinda repeating here I guess)

- A BIG imperial ship. I would love for it to be $150+ and complex.

- A city/port type environment with detailed buildings. Basically an expanded imperial trading post. Again I don't mind paying $150+.

And to the couple that said a skeleton/ghost ship. I think that would be cool, but with some creativity you could probably combine any pirate ship with the (castle) skeleton attack ship set to come up with a pretty good pirate themed ghost ship I would think.

Definately more ships. One ship that is aimed at the older lego audience and a smaller ship for all ages (at least one of the ships has to be for the imperials). A harbor set like the Medieval Market Village with merchants, smugglers, and wenches.

I strongly agree with Hornbricker lego should introduce large new ship hulls or at least some basic ship building packs with masts, hulls, sails, and riging. Blue baseplates would also be great.

A new faction such as bluecoats or islanders.

Edited by Paul cantu