Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

What Ever Happened to Lego's Train Mystery?

traintech1.jpg

I don't know if any of you remember, but Lego use to have a train page that had two very nice additions:

One was a mystery game in which you are aboard a green passenger train (with cars similar to 10015), in which players help a local sheriff apprehend Senor Palomar; I believe a jewel thief.

Secondly, the site also had a "build your own train" feature using the My Own Train locomotives and rolling stock. You could add a light, change the background, time of day/night, and speed up the train. After building, you could "price your train and order".

While I can see why Lego no longer has the "Buid a Train" component, the mystery was pretty neat.

Does anyone remember this?

I wonder if the link is still out there somewhere? Sites like Orient Expedition are still available after the theme long since retired.

I do remember, there where two train mystery games if I remember correctly.  :cry_sad:

Maybe diggin round the Lego Club area will yield some results, I remember seeng some old games there.

Stauder.

Yeah, I remember that. On my dial-up connection I had back then, I don't think I ever actually won. :sceptic:

But I don't think we'll ever see them again, they were based on 9v trains which are no more. :cry_sad:

Yes, I remember that game. I played it on one of the free Internet computer things n Singapore airport years ago...good times.

I used to love that game, probably the best TLC game in recent memory. I looked and couldn't find anything though, it's probably lost in the sands of time...

I suggest you try using the wayback machine. Just type "internet archive" into google and it should give you a link to the website. Then type in lego.com and ckick on the year this site was up the find it.

I hope this helps you find what your looking for.

Reaper052 :skull:

Thanks Reaper. I didn't know about the Internet Archive.

I was able to find it at the following link from the February 4, 2003 web site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030402111711/www.lego.com/eng/trains/recreationstation/legoexpress/legoexpress.asp

The name of the game is "Tales on the Lego Express".

I can't seem to run it on the computer that I'm currently on, but I'll try later today.

This is great! Thanks a lot. :thumbup:

I wasn't able to get the game to work. Unfortunately, only the title page loads.

I would say that the site is just an archive of cached pages. So it wouldn't work because chaches don't execute scripts. (Don't quote me on the last bit)

But I thought it was interesting to see the original LEGO page and just how amature it was, but then a again, fancy web stuff wasn't around then.

I loved that game.

It's a pity it isn't there anymore, and the train-building one, too.

I'll do some digging around as well - A TEAM EFFORT!

~A.S.