Sign in to follow this  
Selander

TTCE: Dark green Diesel Shunter

ENTERED

Here is (perhaps) the first entry overall in the new competition.

I really enjoy participating, though I understand my changes to succeed with this model are small....

I wanted for a long time to make a MOC locomotive in dark green, and this set 4564 inspired

diesel shunter became the result....

I strived to make a clean and elegant engine with limited number of details.

Also, I designed a new "train base plate" using these light bluish gray pieces which gives

a nice edge and a stud-free surface....I like...what do you think?

Anyhow this is my entry in category 2: :tongue:

dark_green_diesel_shunter_1.jpg

(there is one more picture in my Brickshelf account, with a view from behind)

I really enjoy participating, though I understand my changes to succeed with this model are small....

I wouldn't be too sure of that. The design is indeed clean and efficient with a solid color scheme. I don't know much about trains (though I sit in one every day), but this looks like a very fine first entry to me.

A very nice Locomotive, and an even better first entry! The design does reminds me of the engine from 4564 Freight Express, with the similar shape and the way the roof is constructed. Good luck!

Edited by AgentRick57

A very nice Locomotive, and an even better first entry! The design does reminds me of the engine from 4564 Freight Express, with the similar shape and the way the roof is constructed. Good luck!

Great locomotive! AgentRick57, it does indeed resemble 4564 but not too much. It still looks unique. It's a very nice engine.

Very nice entry Selander! I love the color combination with that fantastic dark green and dark grey stripe. Your creation has that nice European cargo train style, and it stayed true/similar to official Lego train engines. With double engines, I bet this can pull a pretty good load.

Excellent and I will post an entry thread soon. Great job! :thumbup:

Well done Selander! And very brave too to post pics of your MOC so soon. :wink:

Great locomotive! AgentRick57, it does indeed resemble 4564 but not too much. It still looks unique. It's a very nice engine.

Whatwhatwhat?

It reminded me of 4512... :look:

tn_4512-1_jpg.jpg

That's a great entry, Selander! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

It looks very realistic! :oh:

The only thing I miss are doors to the cockpit.

Otherwise it's great - the most I like the dark green color and that you chose to make a diesel shunter!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I really like this design too. It is simple yet effective and the dark green looks great. Clean lines with just enough texture in the right places. A very playable model.